• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

AAK said:
Sangakarra is still in, if they don't get him out b4 SL get past 100, Pak will be in trouble. Malinga, Mendis, and Murali can easily restrict any team to a low score.

Yeah they need that wicket. But wow i never thought srilanka would be like this in the final.

AAK

Razzaq, Aamir, & Afridi stuffed Sri Lanka to 70/6 in the 12th over. Sangakarra's resilience helped SL Fight to 121/6 now @ 19 overs.

Looks like we have a real match.

EDIT: 135 total for SL.

Will Afridi have one of his days or not?

Zapages

Pakistan needs to play good and sensible... Afridi, Misbah ul Haq, Kamran Akmal have to perform today...

SL played really well...

AAK

Here comes boom boom.

Well, Shahzaib showed some promise in the first 2 games.

EDIT: but DEAR GOD, he's playing like a 5 year old right now.

EDIT2: That's better

artist

Banned
He's gone now, 19 off 23 balls. Not even decent and pretty sure Akmal went for the slog and got out because Shahzaib was completely blocking one end.

If you cant get the boundaries, rotate the strike.

edit: I'm liking this new Afridi. I've always played like this (Afridi), yeah ... right!

AAK said:
Here comes boom boom.

Well, Shahzaib showed some promise in the first 2 games.

EDIT: but DEAR GOD, he's playing like a 5 year old right now.

EDIT2: That's better

And hes gone. Did ok in the end. I think a lot of pressure on him.

AAK

If SL can keep bowling just like Malinga's 15th over, they can win this.

:lol Afridi's trying out some Baseball swings!

tri_willy

pakistan win! afridi definitely man of the match for a well rounded innings with a steady knock of the bat and a wicket. for someone who is usually inconsistent he sure proved me wrong about getting out for a crap score

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Second cricket match I've ever watched (and I'm Pakistani, so that's shameful for me) but go Pakistan!

AAK

Afridi is going to be worshipped when the team return to Pakistan.

But I feel so bad for Sri Lanka. They played so much better than every other team throughout the tournament except today's minor choke against Razzaq & Aamir.

Zapages

Some interesting facts...

10 years ago Pakistan lost against Australia in World Cup 1999 at the same field and almost around the same time of day on June 21, 1999...

How much 10 years change for Pakistan... Great win!!! The whole nation needed after so much that has happened there...

artist

Banned
Congrats Pak. Almost close to what I called for earlier on .. IMO this is still not the strongest side, throw out Shahzaib. :D

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

35jglrt.jpg

AAK

Man, what the heck is this. Relatives from Pakistan are calling me here in Canada saying "Mubarak ho"! (means congratulations in urdu)

I thought their son was accepted into MIT or something, but they're calling me about this damn game. :lol I was like screw the match, how are you guys doing, haven't talked in such a long time.

It's nice to see them happy though.

Now that I think about it, I should have told them not to expect the world from the team if they underperform in the champions trophy. Since Pakistan is the lord of inconsistency.

Zapages said:
Some interesting facts...

10 years ago Pakistan lost against Australia in World Cup 1999 at the same field and almost around the same time of day on June 21, 1999...

How much 10 years change for Pakistan... Great win!!! The whole nation needed after so much that has happened there...

Another coincidental thing is that Pakistan's last major tournament victory back in 1992 World Cup came in the same fashion where they lost some opening matches and only qualified for the next round due to the superior run rate.

chandoog said:

OH man, Look at how ostentatiously he's beaming his chest. That is such a conceited Bollywood hero pose. :lol I guess he deserves it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My (Pakistani) family was going crazy when Afridi saved the game in the last 20 or so balls.

I'm not a huge fan of cricket but damn Afridi is the fucking man! :D

AAK

105172.2.jpg

FAK man... this is why I hate my country. Pakistani's are the most bitter, pathetic, proud boisterous idiots on the face of this earth. They make one small win and ruin it for the rest of the world to applaud them with this kind of shit.

Hurry up Canada and give me my PR already!!!

Grug

AAK said:
105172.2.jpg

FAK man... this is why I hate my country. Pakistani's are the most bitter, pathetic, proud boisterous idiots on the face of this earth. They make one small win and ruin it for the rest of the world to applaud them with this kind of shit.

I'm sure the idiots with the sign aren't representative of the greater population.

tri_willy

happen to watch a bit of tufnell's video on the ashes hype. reminded me how much of a cunt he is. his ashes prediction pretty much correlates to how shit and useless of a cricketer he was. fucking clown :lol

Glad to see I'm not the only one to notice that Afridi has a tendency towards striking overly-manufactured poses. However, it's been a great comeback for him, and his team, so I'll cut him some slack. :lol

tri_willy

i know its just a tour match but the fact that bloody hauritz is currently the 2nd highest run scorer in the aussies first innings is a major cause for concern here

Grug

Australia's form looking pretty shaky leading into the first test.

England a very good chance to get off to a good start in Cardiff, the difference in spin talent could be the difference.

master15

I am sort of torn whether we should opt for an all pace attack (Siddle from all accounts showed some nice signs along with Clarke).

By the same token having a legitimate spinner in the side makes a huge difference. We simply can't rely on Clarke or Katich as a frontline option. It's sort of shocking nothing was put into place as far as the accedemy's go for a spin option post Warne...

Grug

master15 said:
I am sort of torn whether we should opt for an all pace attack (Siddle from all accounts showed some nice signs along with Clarke).

By the same token having a legitimate spinner in the side makes a huge difference. We simply can't rely on Clarke or Katich as a frontline option. It's sort of shocking nothing was put into place as far as the accedemy's go for a spin option post Warne...

Hauritz will be played, I am sure of it. :|

tri_willy

Grug said:
Hauritz will be played, I am sure of it. :|

tis a shame since katich or even north would be more capable of picking up a wicket than hauritz. if his shoulders were more durable, im sure katich would have been bowling more frequently

Grug

Geez our batting form against England A is shaky at best.

Hughes, Ponting, Clark, North and Haddin all out for single figures.

Thank god for Hussey, Katich and Johnson for keeping the score respectable.

Grug

Geez... Ponting gets stuck into Brett Lee for mucking around too much with the crowd... Binga then takes the ball and rips through the top order in a devastating spell. 5 quick wickets.

Dare say he has secured one of the spots for Cardiff.

Hauritz getting carted across the park. Send him home.

tri_willy

Grug said:
Geez... Ponting gets stuck into Brett Lee for mucking around too much with the crowd... Binga then takes the ball and rips through the top order in a devastating spell. 5 quick wickets.

Dare say he has secured one of the spots for Cardiff.

Hauritz getting carted across the park. Send him home.

north gets a wicket and hauritz none??? fucker surely has played his last game for the aussies. harmison should shut the fuck up and focus on not bowling wides and no balls excessively. best bowler in the world my ass :lol

Top Bottom