• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

master15

Grug said:
Geez... Ponting gets stuck into Brett Lee for mucking around too much with the crowd... Binga then takes the ball and rips through the top order in a devastating spell. 5 quick wickets.

So glad to read Lee was in the wickets this morning on Cricinfo. Fuck the haters, Lee is one of my most favourite bowlers in last 6-7 years. Him charged up and letting it fly, is pure awesome, I really hope he can keep that swing for the Ashes.

tri_willy

another set back for lee. i fear for his international test career as selectors might start wanting to favour the younger bowlers...

Grug

What a horrible preparation we've had leading up to the Ashes.

Things looking really grim.

Lee was looking really good in that second prac match. Swinging the ball both ways.

tri_willy

holy shit pakistan choked big time for their 1st test against sri lanka. needing 168 to win, they were quite comfortable at 2-71 and bungled out for a miserable 117. shocking!

England have their best chance in the first match, especially considering the ground. Swann could make the difference given the ground's benefit to quality spin, which Australia is sadly short of. However, I don't see anything better than a draw happening for them. Also, Australia have the incredibly underrated Stuart Clark back.

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
holy shit pakistan choked big time for their 1st test against sri lanka. needing 168 to win, they were quite comfortable at 2-71 and bungled out for a miserable 117. shocking!
Yeah, total blow up by Pakistan. I see it as them throwing the match away rather than Srilanka turning a win into a loss.

master15

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Whens the Ashes supposed to get underway, its on SBS but not sure when it actually starts.

From the very quick calculations I did in my head half asleep this morning I am pretty sure being in Canada I am going to be pretty screwed with the time differences.

At least I can follow some of the game on cricinfo while at work. It was better than last Ashes series being in UK where I would go to sleep and wake up to Boycott's voice, often grumbling about what awful predicament England had got themselves in. Good times :lol

I certainly think the series won't be a blowout that's for sure...

Grug

Yep, its nearly time!

Weather permitting, I reckon England may just win the first test. Australia's build-up has been wobbly at best and has probably sowed just that little bit of doubt in their minds.

Rain has been predicted for the final two days however.

Grug

Word going round that Stuart Clark is out and Hilfenhaus in.

Not sure if I'm happy about that.

As mentioned above, Clark is extremely underrated. His experience and temperament is vital IMO.

Rezbit

Grug said:
Word going round that Stuart Clark is out and Hilfenhaus in.

Not sure if I'm happy about that.

As mentioned above, Clark is extremely underrated. His experience and temperament is vital IMO.

Well as a one-eyed (or is that still two?) Tasmanian I have to say, fuck yeah Hilfy!

Finally found SBS, phew.

Grug

Looks like England are going for 2 frontline spinners with Panesar and Swann.

Allan Border reckons its a good spinners pitch*.

I'm scared.

*I bet Hauritz can't get the ball to turn even one millimetre though.

Clark out? WTF, that better not be true.

Swann's in good form. Panesar has been inconsistent recently. Ballsy move that could well pay off if England went with two spinners.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
do we have an irfan for England?

:D it's starting, super pumped... hoping for the white wash.. probably be a draw though..

tri_willy

Tim the Wiz said:
WTF NO STUART CLARK

Australian selectors are insane confirmed.

he wasnt injured but not selected??? the aussie selectors are fucking nuts for not picking. when hauritz fucks up big time, there will be backlash of epic proportions!!!

Grug

Odds changed after the toss and after the confirmation that Hauritz is in. :lol

Both sides now $3.20 for the win.

Draw is $2.30

Rezbit

Syth_Blade22 said:
Now Hauritz is as keen as mustard.

:lol :lol

He must be drunk. He stumbled all over the cut to the ad break. Please get the cricket on so you can end this MacGill torture.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Grug said:
Odds changed after the toss and after the confirmation that Hauritz is in. :lol

Both sides now $3.20 for the win.

Draw is $2.30

wtf, is SBS delayed?

by a minute or two or four it seems :(

Rezbit

Even with two overs gone it looks like if you drop at all short you will get spanked. I reckon I would have enough time to play a shot on this pitch!

Grug

Rezbit said:
Even with two overs gone it looks like if you drop at all short you will get spanked. I reckon I would have enough time to play a shot on this pitch!

Might help Hughes a bit with his short-ball problem.

Grug

A terrible toss to lose looking at the way this pitch is reponding.

Draw would be a pleasing result for Australia I'd think, given that we have the urn.

Rezbit

:lol Holy shit Michael Holding bagging out twitter! "They need to get a life. Following people....on the internet?"

Also, is it just me or is this crowd really lifeless? Where are the Barmy Army chants? Did they not make the trip to Wales?

Top Bottom