• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

tri_willy said:
what was warne's nickname for him???

The Shermanator. :lol

pie2.jpg

Salazar said:
Don't care. Warne is the biggest jackass in cricket.

Harbhajan Singh says hello.

tri_willy

there is some truth to what strauss said, however he isnt all that great himself.

Gayle:
"Focus on his team, don't worry about West Indies, don't worry about me. Tell him don't sleep with Chris on his mind, tell him get Chris off his mind,"

that comment from gayle in regards to strauss was gold :D

Stuart Clark better fucking play.

Edit: Turns out the selectors have the balls to play Watson instead of Hughes, but don't have the brains to change the bowling lineup to integrate the consistent, accurate Clark. smh

tri_willy

Tim the Wiz said:

Edit: Turns out the selectors have the balls to play Watson instead of Hughes, but don't have the brains to change the bowling lineup to integrate the consistent, accurate Clark. smh

most of us, if not all agree with you tim. its a f*cking case of horseshit

Grug

Tim the Wiz said:

Looks like we're using the Johnson, Siddle, Hilfenhauz, Hauritz combo again.

Selectors are trying not to look they are panicking or got it wrong... stupid IMO. Arrogance may cost us the Ashes.

If Watson puts his back out in his third over, I am jumping off the Story Bridge.

jey_16

Banned
stupid to drop Hughes, he was not playing that badly IMO and Watson has never really impressed me.....Clark should have replaced one of the bowlers

snaildog

For the time being, Gayle is just content to cut his losses and get back home at the end of an arduous and eventful journey. When asked where his money would be for the final, he shot back: "I don't have any money, I'm broke to be honest with you!" - a line that brought down the house.
:lol Gayle rocks

guidop

jey_16 said:
stupid to drop Hughes, he was not playing that badly IMO and Watson has never really impressed me.....Clark should have replaced one of the bowlers

If they dropped Hughes for poor form then they should have dropped Johnson too

master15

Honestly shocked Clark has missed out again. I really think as well as the inexperienced line up did in South Africa they really need his accuracy and nagging line.

Hughes I think can consider himself unlucky. He barley set a foot wrong in SA and got a pretty harsh decision last game yet got the flick. I hope this doesn’t damage him ala Damien Martyn.

Grug

jey_16 said:
broken finger for Haddin.....how long does that usually take to heal? couple of weeks?

Yeah, he's probably done for the series.

Graham Manou goes okay though, clearly we'd rather a fit Haddin though.

master15

From cricinfo;

"Poetic justice?" wonders Ask Steven. "It was Haddin who rolled the ball that McGrath stepped on four years ago." Tremendous spot, Steven Lynch.

Eerie...Haddin :(

"Australia have not won an Ashes series in which they have changed their wicketkeeper since 1948," notes Andy Zaltzman, in between buying dentists' cabinets on eBay.

D'oh

master15

Hey what can I say I am a superstitious cricketer, although never quite to the level Jayasuriya with his ball by ball preparation…

How's it looking chaps? Watson looking good so far?

Grug

master15 said:
How's it looking chaps? Watson looking good so far?

Not too bad, always plays confident shots early but is prone to throw his wicket away cheaply.

Just nearly chopped on to his stumps.

Grug

FFS Watto.... *facepalm*

Test cricket mate...

Cricinfo said:
Anderson to Watson, no run, oh dear, oh dear. Right out of the blue Watson has tried to smash Anderson into the street. Anderson gives him a word, and quite right too. You can't be doing that on your debut as a Test opener for goodness' sake. No manners at all

Grug

master15 said:
Scared me shitless I was F5 cricinfo expecting a wicket to fall. Misleading post Grugo!

Haha, sorry mate. If you saw the shot you would have been scared shitless anyway, so I think I managed to convey the emotion of the moment.

master15

Grug said:
Haha, sorry mate. If you saw the shot you would have been scared shitless anyway, so I think I managed to convey the emotion of the moment.

Haha, you're right christ Katich scoring a run a ball. Body snatcher confirmed!

master15

Grug said:
And now he's out.

Swann gets immediate results.

Ahh crap, clearly I did the equiv of commentators curse.

Wel done to Watso for 50 though. I was pretty skeptical of decision to drop Hughes, but can't argue with half century.

Grug

That's stumps. Australia 126/1.

Good proactive session for Australia. We could have come out with a conservative mindset and just tried to survive the session, but we really came out and batted positively and with intent.

Shame to lose Katich who was dominating, but apart from that, good work boys.

Watto has stood up when needed.

Well worth staying up for. G'nite crew.

edbrat

Onions has Punter in a pickle, later mate! 4 down but 170 on the board, plenty of scope for Australia's lower order to do some damage yet.

You can't underrate either the English bowling or the conditions, but something of a poor show from the Australian batsmen so far today. Now, Manou in the deep-end - unfortunately, he doesn't have the most heartening first-class record.

Edit: North gone and truly into the tail now.

speedpop said:
Someone please remind me why David Hussey is still playing international test cricket?

speedpop
Has problems recognising girls
(Today, 07:47 PM)
Reply | Quote

Should probably read: "Has problems recognising Husseys". Although in a certain context, that could mean the same thing.

tri_willy

fuck me, just got home and saw this disgrace. what the fuck aussies??? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!? hussey deserves to be dropped, north wont last long either

Top Bottom