• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

edbrat

it gets worse with the replays, how the hell Strauss thought that was leavable I will never know. Momentum with the Aussies.

Salazar

Run-rate is good. It would be nice if this pair could get close to Australia's total. Of course, it would be grand if they went beyond it, but giving Bell and Kev a platform would be decent.

Sweet shot from Cook just as I posted. Go on my boys.

Papa

Banned
I'd hate to be in the English dressing room with Pietersen padded up for 9 hours. One can only imagine the whining that would be coming out of him.

Salazar

matt404au said:
I'd hate to be in the English dressing room with Pietersen padded up for 9 hours. One can only imagine the whining that would be coming out of him.

It's the accent that would drive you mad. Never mind what he's saying.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
:lol

Trust it to rain for days straight in Brisbane as soon as the 1st Test is over.

I hope England post 600+ and call it stumps. Cook to get another double century.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So what happens if Australia loses this badly? Will my wish of a reformation by Cricket Australia occur, or is that a pipedream?

Seems absolutely ridiculous for TV to show "The Chappell Stands" and then pan back to Australia getting flogged whilst they lay down with all four limbs in the air.

Salazar

Highly deliberate.

Platitudinous to say so, but Australia do not look like taking a wicket.

They'll collectively wet themselves if they do, but I don't see it coming.

Ashes

Banned
Salazar said:
I bet my manhood, literal and figurative, on it.

I too bet your manhood, literal and figurative. :p

edit: oh there it is. :lol
edit: 158, kp to get out.... :p He has got out on that figure a few times.

I really hope north gets dropped like a rock for the next test, not that it will probably matter but fuck sakes the guy has done fuck all for so long. I'm wondering if the reason ponting is bowling him is him trying to fool the selectors into thinking he isn't a total waste of space.

The Friendly Monster said:
It'll be very disappointing if we don't get a win out of this match.
If theres one cricket ground in the world that a team can go from a 300 run deficit on the first innings to batting out the rest of the game its Adelaide. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make it to lunch on day 4 at the way things are happining at the moment though.

Yagharek

pieatorium said:
I really hope north gets dropped like a rock for the next test, not that it will probably matter but fuck sakes the guy has done fuck all for so long. I'm wondering if the reason ponting is bowling him is him trying to fool the selectors into thinking he isn't a total waste of space.

Quite likely.

Which also leads to the next logical question: why isnt Clarke being bowled? He sure as fuck cant bat right now and is in a protracted form slump just as long as North's.

Drop them both.

RandomVince said:
Quite likely.

Which also leads to the next logical question: why isnt Clarke being bowled? He sure as fuck cant bat right now and is in a protracted form slump just as long as North's.

Drop them both.
His back is still fingered i think?

Top Bottom