• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Nokias. Mobile phone whores enter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

COCKLES

being watched
Nokia 6630

6630_02.jpg

3G Speed with Series 60: WCDMA+EDGE broadband access
1.3 megapixel camera sensor, effective resolution 1.23 megapixels for image capture (1280 x 960 pixel resolution)
6x smooth digital zoom and sequence mode
10 MB internal dynamic memory with hot swap and 64 MB Reduced Size MultiMediaCard (MMC)
Video recording time up to 1 hour per clip
Web browser with improved HTML support
Print photos directly at home, at the office, at retail kiosks, or use online printing services

---------------

Nokia 6260

6260_02.jpg

Integrated digital VGA camera
Mobile email and VPN client
Quickword and Quickpoint for viewing documents
HTML Internet browser
Bluetooth wireless technology
Push-to-talk with dedicated side key
Tri-band operation for networks on five continents
FM radio and MP3 player
A number of Try and Buy applications preloaded on the MMC memory card

Fowler

I hate clamshells, though the 6260 is fairly interesting because you can flip it all the way over so the screen's on the outside and still use the softkeys. Still, I'm more of a regular "candybar" phone person and the 6630 is more my style. I'd get it if I was on a 3G contract. Except I'm not.

Fusebox

Banned
Its all about the SE K700 imo.

My current phone, the T630 and G2 headset

g212.jpg

to be replaced by the SE K700i due out next month..

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp...oader&php=PHP1_10139&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10139

Check this..

k700_offbackside.jpg

k700_equalizer.jpg

k700_p900t610t68ifront.jpg

K700i-S1_PGCW.jpg

28279794.jpg

Bluetooth, FM radio, VGA camera, MP3 playback and ringtones, animated wallpapers, series 60 game support omg I'm in cellular heaven.

Yummy!

And my handsfree matches my next phone more than my current one - bonus. :blush:

Anyone else been waiting for this to get released?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
None of them are anything to write home about IMO. Nokia is falling behind, now it seems they're pushing a lot of phones in order to make up for it. They should focus on making fewer and more genuine models instead. Nowadays, it feels like they're using two different looks on their phones:

1. original crazy-ugly style
2. drab unattractive 80's look

I wish they'd make phones that has a nice, stylish, classy look to them.
They're also lagging behind when it comes to screens. I mean, they just recently introduced a 65000 color screen with 6230. And it's not even a good OR particularly big screen either. Another thing they need to improve is stand-by time and the number of hours you can talk. That's not a Nokia exclusive problem, though.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Fusebox said:
Anyone else been waiting for this to get released?

Yes, after much research on available and soon-to-be available cell phones on the market, I decided that SE K700 was the phone to get. It only has one fault, the lack of memory, and that you can't insert more memory into it. But that's only if you're going to use it as an mp3 player, otherwise the storage capacity is more than enough. They actually increased the storage capacity from 32 to 40 MB just before its release. Well, better than nothing. :p

Anyway, I pre-ordered mine in may, probably getting it on friday. Yey! :D

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
That SE phone is sexy!

No additional storage really sucks tho...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Newbie said:
Me, but i'm not sure if i'll wait a little bit longer and get the 't' version of it with MMC cards, and a megapixel camera

Did they ever announce a "t" version? Or are you talking about S700i?

man, I wish I had enough money to buy cool phones. Argh. I just have their budget v66, still looks cool even if its basic.

on a contract tho, not that stupid pay as you go.

Suerte

MrAngryFace said:
man, I wish I had enough money to buy cool phones. Argh. I just have their budget v66, still looks cool even if its basic.

on a contract tho, not that stupid pay as you go.

I got mine for £50 on a contract but I think they've started giving them away for free with contracts!

Fusebox

Banned
And you missed a new Nokia one btw cockles, the 2650, this looks like its made of that soft banana pool-lounge stuff.

Nokia_2650_1.jpg

Nokia_2650_3.jpg

and folds up to look like this:

Nokia_2650_4.jpg

and one of the silver 6260:

Nokia_6260_7.jpg

:)

COCKLES

being watched
MrAngryFace said:
Do you have this too? You can look like a total badass:

acc_syn9826.jpg

I love motorola's stuff.

I saw someone wandering around with one today.

He didn't look badarse.

He just looked a pretentious cunt.

I'm not really fond of the Motorola Bluetooth headsets. I had a Jabra and although it was comfortable, the range on it sucked and I could hear static and stuff. :(

Probably best to pair a Sony Ericsson headset with my Sony Ericsson phone.

Fusebox

Banned
See my Bluetrek G2 in the photo with my T630? That was only AUS$120, its light and tiny and the battery life creams all over the HBH range from Sony. By comparison the Sony headsets (HBH-65, 60 etc) are about twice the price, twice the weight and half the battery.

12MAY200418.jpg

It comes with a home charger, car charger and a leather carry case which makes it great value imo.

g2.jpg

Mind you I wouldnt walk around town with it, its only really for use in the car, the server room and at home.

And whoever mentioned the S700, that looks insane in the featurebrain but its too think for my liking:

s700_openfront.jpg

GONZO

I'm contemplating the se k700 and the v80:

pic12.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic14-1.jpg

pic14-4.jpg

pic14-5.jpg

pic14-6.jpg

pic14-8.jpg

pic14-9.jpg

pic14-10.jpg

That is just damn sexy, although I don't think it has the performance of the SE.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah I was eyeing that off too Gonzo, its a gorgeous little unit but theres heaps of quirks I couldnt handle like not being able to silence incoming calls (only reject) and apparently the keylock system is really cumbersome.

4274SW.jpg

17.jpg

The Moto E398 is sexy too:

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-e398-en.shtml

e398-3.jpg

And heres some other new models I took photos of at the last Cebit, excuse my poor photography:

Samsung:

sams.jpg

sams2.jpg

Some yum cha brand. I was surprised how many little HK factories are making mobiles nowadays.

phone1.jpg

phone2.jpg

yum cha swivel job:
phone3.jpg

Slightly bulky multimedia phone:
phone4.jpg

About the size of a ciggy pack, this opened from the side to reveal the colour screen - very cool phone:
phone5.jpg

A guy there assured me that this thing was a phone, but I just dont see it:
phone6.jpg

This was probably my fave device. Very small, yet a fully featured multimedia phone with a terrific screen:
phone7.jpg

Lil' Dice

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
Do you have this too? You can look like a total badass:

acc_syn9826.jpg

I love motorola's stuff.

I saw a guy wearing that walkign behind me, I thought the Borg was coming to assimilate me....And no i'm not a Star Trek nerd, the Borg are the only bad guys i know of from the show...

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
God those are some sweet phones. Verzion needs to hurry up and get some of that cool stuff in a years time so I can get something much more badass when I trade the current one in.

arter_2

im sorry but nokias designs are soo ugly can u say "ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone" and till this next gen they've used the same crappy screen in all thier phones. i have that v600 and the snazzy ear piece and its awsome works soooooo well. the v80 is nice but the new motorola v710 is where it will be at i hope they make a gsm version so i can buy it.

Fusebox

Banned
arter_2 said:
im sorry but nokias designs are soo ugly can u say "ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone"

No but I can say 8855, 8910 and 6110.

nokphones.jpg

You seem to be a Motorola fan, I dont see much logic in basing their whole reputation on the style of one StarTac.

arter_2 said:
till this next gen they've used the same crappy screen in all thier phones.

Most people are aware they're buying a phones to make calls and not a little TV.

arter_2

those flip internet phones are pretty nifty i do have to admit. its not that i like motorola its more thier design appeals to me i like flip phones. though soney ericson and samsung have been doing some really nice things.

Fusebox

Banned
The 6230 is a cute little Nokia candy bar with Mp3 playback, FM radio, bluetooth and a VGA camera which takes better snaps than most other phones on the market. It takes video too.

But yeah, a tiny candy bar phone with a few megapixels would be awesome but then I think my digital camera might start to feel neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom