• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

LukeSmith

Miguel said:
FMT I'm stuck at the Post game screen! Oh noes!

(Could it have been that I punched my PS3 in the vagina?)

Yeah, it's the new awesome addition to Madden! Just when you thought the Online league setup wouldn't get any worse, now you can't even enter stats.

EA strikes back at league daddy!

Miguel

I'm guessing FMT tucked his tail between his legs and went to bed after he screamed out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the game freezing at the post game screen.

Good game anyway... I lost 6-0. My first devensive drive was a thing of beauty!

GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE OHSHI 1 YARD LINE LOCKDOWN!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LukeSmith said:
Real talk: I might not be able to get to my game with Denogg until the weekend. I'm working pretty late PST these days. He and I will get 'er done.

In other news: The eagle and I will clash tonight. I'm going to get torn up by Bray-bray
Saturday morning works for me. I will be up at 6AM EST (new dog!!!!) so any time after that will be fine.

PSN: Denogginizer, btw ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If anyone wants to play tonight I will be at home around 6 PM today with nothing to do. My game with GQMan is scheduled for 8 PM, I will need all the practice I can get in before facing that monstrous D. It's probably as good as the Bucs Madden D (historically overrated!)

dang, what a defensive gem WASTED for both of us! i won the game 6-0 after stopping miguel on a 4th and 2 inside my 10 with about 8 seconds left. mig had 2 sweet user picks (not sure why i threw right at him) and i had 2 interceptions when mig was inside my 10.

anyways, this is karma for what happened against dm. to the rest of the league i would ADVISE TO PAUSE THE GAME AND TAKE THE STATS DOWN WHEN THERE IS 1 SECOND LEFT ON THE CLOCK!

otherwise it could freeze as it did to us :(

we'll have to replay miguel, sorry! fuck u EA!

Mrbob

Oh EA.

How can this game be so buggy? :x

Unfortunately the above will never work if you are going for a game winning fg with a couple seconds left. Hopefully EA fixes this. :/

Fifty

Also, after one person is done entering in their stats, they should wait quite a long time before unpausing, as there's no telling how long the other person will take to enter in theirs, and once 'resumed' the 30 second timer starts. If that happens, the slower stat enter er is going to be very pissed.

I'm with Luke, I think that EA designed this final (timeclock-wise) glitch to fuck with all of us doing our stats manually. They're just jealous. Hopefully when the Patch (aka Madden 09 1.0) comes out in 6 months, they'll fix this atrocity.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
If anyone wants to play tonight I will be at home around 6 PM today with nothing to do. My game with GQMan is scheduled for 8 PM, I will need all the practice I can get in before facing that monstrous D. It's probably as good as the Bucs Madden D (historically overrated!)

I'll be down to play a game. I will hit you on AIM when I get in.

it just makes me so mad! that was probably the most fun i've had this year. absolute defensive slugfest, but there was good offensive plays inbetween. not sure how mig got blown out in the first week cause his offense kept me on my toes.

those 2 picks in the endzone were killer though mig. take the sack boy!

we'll play again tonight if i can find some free time! (and you can)

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it just makes me so mad! that was probably the most fun i've had this year. absolute defensive slugfest, but there was good offensive plays inbetween. not sure how mig got blown out in the first week cause his offense kept me on my toes.

those 2 picks in the endzone were killer though mig. take the sack boy!

we'll play again tonight if i can find some free time! (and you can)

So you know the final and that it was a defensive standoff? Why not just enter the stats? You don't want to have 65 yards passing in a game on Alex's record?

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez, it looks like Thursday will be the best night to get in our Week 3 game. My GF is gonna hang out with her friends that night so I should have a few guilt free hours for video games!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Maybe they want the actual stats instead of "let's make it up as we go along" stats with infinite averages and totals that don't add up.

Real talk.™

:lol
my stats are pretty spot on, yo. I'm glad EA has another awesome bug that fucks up the league.
1. Can't play home games as Colts
2. Can't enter League Daddy stats/upload replays
3. No real online leagues.

Amazing!
Game is so good, I bought it twice.

dskillzhtown

LukeSmith said:
my stats are pretty spot on, yo. I'm glad EA has another awesome bug that fucks up the league.
1. Can't play home games as Colts
2. Can't enter League Daddy stats/upload replays
3. No real online leagues.

Amazing!
Game is so good, I bought it twice.

Consider it a 'Work in Progress'.

You really can't play home games as the Colts?

LukeSmith

dskillzhtown said:
Consider it a 'Work in Progress'.

You really can't play home games as the Colts?

Nope, I can't. Everytime I play home games it runs at about 10-15 fps for both parties. I'm playing on 360 whenever I can! LIVING ON THE EDGE

I realize this isn't a big deal to most people here, but it is frustrating to me not being able to play as the home team of my chosen team.

dskillzhtown

LukeSmith said:
Nope, I can't. Everytime I play home games it runs at about 10-15 fps for both parties. I'm playing on 360 whenever I can! LIVING ON THE EDGE

I realize this isn't a big deal to most people here, but it is frustrating to me not being able to play as the home team of my chosen team.

That sucks and is totally weird. QA was not a top priority with this game. Sucks with the age of patches that it seems some companies use that as a crutch.

The Texans will allow you to use Reliant Stadium until you get your issues worked out.

Rorschach

dskillzhtown said:
That sucks and is totally weird. QA was not a top priority with this game. Sucks with the age of patches that it seems some companies use that as a crutch.
Actually, the patch is fixing all of the other stuff, but they won't be fixing the Lucas Oil bug because they claim they don't see it.

I have a theory on why it happens. I'll test it out later!

The Texans will allow you to use Reliant Stadium until you get your issues worked out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:

Why is it an issue? If it was NCAA where homefield mattered, I could see that, but as it stands in Madden, the only homefield advantage you actually get is not having to choose at the coinflip.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Why is it an issue? If it was NCAA where homefield mattered, I could see that, but as it stands in Madden, the only homefield advantage you actually get is not having to choose at the coinflip.
I could see why it would bother someone. Not a huge thing, but I would like to play my home games at home too.

He's used to playing shitty games with big host advantage.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

1. I like to wear the royal blue.
2. It's an issue that has popped up in Franchise, and I still like to play Franchise mode.

dskillzhtown said:

Thanks, Bill Polian and I appreciate the relief from Hurricane Stupid.

Mrbob

Game was self ownage too...if I resist throwing the ball as much as I did i win.

Don't worry though...as there is always the wonderful division rematch! :D

Forte will be upgraded by then as well!

GQman2121

Banned
I just took another beating, this time at the hands of Wellington. Thanks for that Well.

I have no idea how to get the cpu to block for me online; I'm totally one dimensional because I have no running game. I don't seem to have a problem when I play people offline, but as soon as the ball is snapped online I have defenders in my backfield. I'm totally lost......

Good game Wellington. I loved when you punted for a TD, that was great. It wouldn't let me call a fair catch, and then wouldn't let me move to get out of the way of the ball, which is why I guess he fumbled.

I noticed that my playbook has no punt return play at all, only zone and all out block. So I have no blockers on the rare occasion that I get someone to punt. Fun.......

Rorschach

GQman2121 said:
I just took another beating, this time at the hands of Wellington. Thanks for that Well.

I have no idea how to get the cpu to block for me online; I'm totally one dimensional because I have no running game. I don't seem to have a problem when I play people offline, but as soon as the ball is snapped online I have defenders in my backfield. I'm totally lost......

Good game Wellington. I loved when you punted for a TD, that was great. It wouldn't let me call a fair catch, and then wouldn't let me move to get out of the way of the ball, which is why I guess he fumbled.
Don't feel too bad. Wellington is one of the hardest people to run on. :\

I noticed that my playbook has no punt return play at all, only zone and all out block. So I have no blockers on the rare occasion that I get someone to punt. Fun.......
That's the "ask madden" menu. Press circle to get out of that and choose your own play. PR is in there (in "special teams").

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Plays of the game:

Vick'd

Burress owns

Punt Return DTD

Do I still have to PM them, FMT?

GQman2121 said:

1) Taking a beating from my hands is a pleasure that I like to spread around

2) You ran past your blockers, into your blocks, and you didn't hit correct holes. Further, you need to take into account the other team's defenders. You have great OLBs the consistently clogged the lanes for me. As you can see from my stats, I can run well. You need to just focus on getting past the first level and you will be fine.

3) Do you back out of the play selected, go to special teams, then select regular punt return? If not you are doing it wrong.

Also, don't tell me you are sorry for breaking the rules then continue doing the same things. I don't think you actually broke any rules, but if you are doing something you think is wrong, then something has to be up.

GQman2121

Banned
Wellington said:
Also, don't tell me you are sorry for breaking the rules then continue doing the same things. I don't think you actually broke any rules, but if you are doing something you think is wrong, then something has to be up.

I don't think I took control of any wide outs after that first play. And if I did I sure as hell didn't catch the ball. The opening TD pass is what I'm referring too.

I did go no huddle a few times, but I don't believe that's against the rules.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQman2121 said:
I don't think I took control of any wide outs after that first play. And if I did I sure as hell didn't catch the ball. The opening TD pass is what I'm referring too.

I did go no huddle a few times, but I don't believe that's against the rules.
Oh well that explains the sudden speed burst for the WR.

If you know the rule I don't understand why you did it, but what does it matter, I won anyway.

GQman2121

Banned
Rorschach said:
That's the "ask madden" menu. Press circle to get out of that and choose your own play. PR is in there (in "special teams").

Well Madden is just a fucking asshole then!!!

I assumed that if they're bringing me into the special teams menu that all of the plays would be there for me to select from.

Thanks for the heads up Rors.

GQman2121

Banned
Wellington said:
Oh well that explains the sudden speed burst for the WR.

If you know the rule I don't understand why you did it, but what does it matter, I won anyway.

It was an accident, which is why I apologized during the XP.

Fifty

Somnia said:
We didn't PM him last week I just posted mine in here and told him to put them up for eligibility so that should be fine I think.

Yeah, but it makes it much easier to look through them all if they're in PM form and not scattered throughout the thread..thus why I put up the PM message on the LD front page.

P.S: While Maddentube may be a nice resource, the video quality looks like ass! Such a shame.

dskillzhtown

21-28, another loss for the Cards. If my DBs didn't have stone hands, I might have a chance. The Cards suck.

CB, that was a fun game.

Somnia

Fifty said:
Yeah, but it makes it much easier to look through them all if they're in PM form and not scattered throughout the thread..thus why I put up the PM message on the LD front page.

P.S: While Maddentube may be a nice resource, the video quality looks like ass! Such a shame.

Ah my bad hadn't seen the post on the front page yet.

Top Bottom