• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No, because I'm in both NCAA leagues, and I'm actually really worried about having time to do all three.

Rorschach

The Frankman said:
This have anything to do with it? :D

Anyway there are 32 NFL teams, can't I use one of the six unused ones?
Well, the league already started and is 3 weeks in. All the schedules have been made already.

Mrbob

LukeSmith said:
Maybe then you'll average more than 1.8 ypc against me.

Enjoy your ego boost, as when we play next I will show no mercy on your colts!

ixqc11.gif

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
Luke,

When are you free to play our game? Send me a PM or hit me up on AIM if you need to.

Probably Saturday morning before I go into work? What's your Saturday like?

Regardless of the league daddy schedule we have to play in Meadowlands, though that didn't even work against DM last night. 10 fps for the lose! :(((

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LukeSmith said:
Probably Saturday morning before I go into work? What's your Saturday like?

Regardless of the league daddy schedule we have to play in Meadowlands, though that didn't even work against DM last night. 10 fps for the lose! :(((
Our daughter has a soccer game at 8AM EST. I should be home around 11AM EST. We can go around then.

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
Our daughter has a soccer game at 8AM EST. I should be home around 11AM EST. We can go around then.

Orange peels at halftime!

830 a.m. pacific is slightly more realistic, Saturday is my one day to sleep in!

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Damn this game is glitchy.

Lucas Oil field sucks. Game chugged like crazy by halftime.

And yet you finished the game without me (giving me a Quit!) so you could save video replays? :lol

I know losing your first League game against me hurt, but it hurt that badly?! Prop up your ego, Bobby!

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
And yet you finished the game without me (giving me a Quit!) so you could save video replays? :lol

I know losing your first League game against me hurt, but it hurt that badly?! Prop up your ego, Bobby!

:lol

Mrbob

It was the only way I could save the clark td pass play. :( And it still chugged after you left too.

But this will be a reminder the only reason you can beat me is I have Kyle Orton throwing the ball! :D

Splitting the D perfectly for a TD pass to Harrison:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/582090

And this is the reason I finished it out...i wanted this play! Perfect pass play to Dallas Clark. If this were in the league it would go down as the best offensive td of the year!

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/582167

Maybe I'll tank the rest of this season so I can get the colts in the next!

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
Maybe I'll tank the rest of this season so I can get the colts in the next!

You too can enjoy the super chug chug gameplay bugs associated with the Colts in the Playstation 3 edition of the game!

Mrbob

POWER.

OF.

CELL.

PS3 is so powerful it gets bored trying to compute Lucas Oil Field so it falls asleep as the game continues!

Fifty

LukeSmith said:
You too can enjoy the super chug chug gameplay bugs associated with the Colts in the Playstation 3 edition of the game!

And the usual, vanilla, curse of the colts, which forbids them from winning a Madden League Championship. There's that too.

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
And the usual, vanilla, curse of the colts, which forbids them from winning a Madden League Championship. There's that too.

I will wear that mantle with pride. I'd really just like to be able to play online, though.

LJ11

Has EA said anything about it? Does it happen right at the start of the game, or after a quarter?

EA/Tiburon has some shitty testers, or ignored some pretty big issues, probably the latter. I've run into a glitch where the camera just pans around the stadium if an injury time out is taken near the 2 minute warning. Probably happened 5-6 times at least.

I like the game a lot for the most part, but these bugs are inexcusable.

Mrbob

I think it is a memory leak problem. Or something like it.

When the game starts everything is silky smooth. Near the end of the half though, everything was chugging and continued the rest of the game. So it looks like a situation which gets progressively worse as the game goes on.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Has EA said anything about it? Does it happen right at the start of the game, or after a quarter?

EA/Tiburon has some shitty testers, or ignored some pretty big issues, probably the latter. I've run into a glitch where the camera just pans around the stadium if an injury time out is taken near the 2 minute warning. Probably happened 5-6 times at least.

I like the game a lot for the most part, but these bugs are inexcusable.

Game starts off smooth and fine. (This has happened both AT and not at Lucas Oil stadium). By the middle of the second quarter game quality has degraded and the game is chugging, by the end of the 2nd quarter it's running horribly. Then, whoever I am playing with and I decide to quit in the third quarter because it's terrible.

I'm fine with taking the Lions as a replacement - retaining my division and schedule (fiction break) but if the Colts do get patched for Season 2, I would like to be reunited. But my enjoyment of games is pretty tainted. I know DM and some folks have done some tests and I'm going to do some more this weekend, but this both frustrating and inexcusable.

GQman2121

Banned
I honestly don't know what to say; in the three league games/beatings I've played online so far with Lonestar, Fifty, and Wellington, I haven't had any issues at all. A little slowdown when the huddle breaks, but nothing while the ball is in play. I don't know if I'm lucky or it's my Fios connection, but since finding out about matching the camera settings it's been smooth sailing on my end.

LukeSmith

GQman2121 said:
I honestly don't know what to say; in the three league games/beatings I've played online so far with Lonestar, Fifty, and Wellington, I haven't had any issues at all. A little slowdown when the huddle breaks, but nothing while the ball is in play. I don't know if I'm lucky or it's my Fios connection, but since finding out about matching the camera settings it's been smooth sailing on my end.

I'm pretty confident that this is a team-specific issue. Had Bob and DM had a perfect game like you're describing, I'd question my PS3 or my Internet, but they were seeing the same things I am.

i don't mind replacing the colts with the lions (it will be pretty easy from a scheduling perspective), but my problem is what about the colts games that have already been played? do you want to replay those games? just transfer the stats over (i.e. peyton mannings stats now become jon kitnas). let me know how you want to do it!

also, frankman i dont know if we have an extra spot available. i asked the most likely candidate for replacement (Zep) but he says he is committed to the league and will get caught up so i'll give him the benefit. if lonestar doesn't want the pats you can have them. just let me know guys!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't mind replacing the colts with the lions (it will be pretty easy from a scheduling perspective), but my problem is what about the colts games that have already been played? do you want to replay those games? just transfer the stats over (i.e. peyton mannings stats now become jon kitnas). let me know how you want to do it!

also, frankman i dont know if we have an extra spot available. i asked the most likely candidate for replacement (Zep) but he says he is committed to the league and will get caught up so i'll give him the benefit. if lonestar doesn't want the pats you can have them. just let me know guys!
With all this craziness, should we get teams settled, maybe get a patch in place, and then restart the season? Is that even possible? This game seems to have caused a myriad of issues as far as getting the season started. Just a thought.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I'm OK with playing the games over again in the interest of fairness to the people (unless they don't want to!) I've played. I would like to be able to use the Colts the first season they are fixed though :( (i.e. if the fix comes this season, I'd finish as lions and be colts in S2 - it is my birthright!)

why? there is no need to restart the season. we've had a couple issues, but most of the league is fine.

the problems with the league are the colts and the cameras. the cameras are basically fixed at this point (eitehr play both with classic or action). the colts we will resolve one way or another. not sure if there is something else that prevents games from being played, but waiting for a patch would basically end the league. we don't know when it's going to be here, the season is basically 1/5th done already.

fight through friends! FIGHT THROUGH!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I'm perfectly fine letting him have the Patriots.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
Yeah it is pretty bad when I am getting my games done ahead of everyone else.

Uh oh! Myth busted?! :D

You're so lucky we can't realign the divisions to put me in the NFC Norris with the Lions. You're a loot pinata for wins, I just invite you to a game and the wins pile up.
You're garb! :D

Mrbob

Hahaha. How about this. We play again....this time I take the colts and you take the bears and we'll see who comes out on top!

Oh and it does suck you are taking the LiOLins and won't be able to take your two beatings from me! :x

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
Hahaha. How about this. We play again....this time I take the colts and you take the bears and we'll see who comes out on top!

Oh and it does suck you are taking the LiOLins and won't be able to take your two beatings from me! :x

The only thing I've ever taken from you are your dreams. :D

Somnia

I'll have my week 4 game in right away with Wasabi when we switch over. Told Fragile to just let me know when he can play so that's why my week 3 isn't done :D

Sorry I haven't contacted you guys in a while. Yeah, I need the practice for the Challenge and I want in. I'd be willing to take the Pats and should've got it Wednesday but I just found out the guy who was shipping me the game was an ass and shipped First Class instead of Priority like I paid for. Now hopefully I get it tomorrow... :C. I just need to read up on the ruels and see if they are any different than what I've seen in other online leagues.

Wellington, I'll turn Brandon into 'Da Fumblah' he really is!! :D

Rorschach

Luke: How come you could play MrBob alright when you gave him that beatdown the other day and your game with Bryan too?

I thought it was just Lucas Oil field.

The EA guys have not addressed Colts thing because they say they can't get it to trigger on their end.

What I don't get is why we managed to play fine in the beginning of the season. Could it be the camera again? :\

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Luke: How come you could play MrBob alright when you gave him that beatdown the other day and your game with Bryan too?

I thought it was just Lucas Oil field.

The EA guys have not addressed Colts thing because they say they can't get it to trigger on their end.

What I don't get is why we managed to play fine in the beginning of the season. Could it be the camera again? :\

Well, I wish one of them would post in here since he could just come play me at Indy and experience the magic.

DMczaf

Well Rors and I have done some testing, and it seems that when its Bucs vs Colts online, the slowdown starts.

When we played a game with the same settings but I picked the Chargers, the connection was perfect and there was ZERO slowdown.

We were never meant to be, Luke!

It has nothing to do with camera, or any other setting. Tiburon just hates to see the Bucs vs Colts online on PS3!

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
Well Rors and I have done some testing, and it seems that when its Bucs vs Colts online, the slowdown starts.

When we played a game with the same settings but I picked the Chargers, the connection was perfect and there was ZERO slowdown.

We were never meant to be, Luke!

It has nothing to do with camera, or any other setting. Tiburon just hates to see the Bucs vs Colts online on PS3!

That's OK, I won't make it to the playoffs anyway, have you seen my schedule?

can i get an update on these games from the people involved?

Cincinnati Bengal at Cleveland Browns (waiting on response from bryan)
Pittsburgh Steelers at San Diego Chargers (waiting on response from ramirez i assume?)
Washington Redskins at Greenbay Packers (don't know? fellas?)
Indianapolis Colts at New York Jets (EA owned)
Dallas Cowboys at Miami Dolphins (knee? shawn? you guys been in contact?)
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills (possible owner change?)
St. Louis Rams at Jacksonville Jaguars (why even ask!)

Top Bottom