• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

:lol Was just dicking around in practice mode and Albert Haynesworth pushed back my 2 best OL who were on him on a double team.... He just pushed them right back into me. Holy shit. He made it look so easy...

bluemax

Banned
I really need to figure out some sort of run game this year. I had Ramirez on the ropes but I failed on a couple of short passes (where I had guys open). If I could run worth a shit I might've held on.

Also recorded my first ever Madden Safety.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
I really need to figure out some sort of run game this year. I had Ramirez on the ropes but I failed on a couple of short passes (where I had guys open). If I could run worth a shit I might've held on.

Also recorded my first ever Madden Safety.
First in the league, I think. Replay!

Somnia

BryanI said:
GG, too! Hey, at least one Browns team one this weekend :)

True :D Should have heard the phone call from my Dad last weekend (He's from Cleveland...huge Browns fan..I took my mom's side and went with the Cowboys) :D

Rorschach

Games played! Bless you, gentlemen. :'(

update:

Washington Redskins at Greenbay Packers [Playing tomorrow]
Dallas Cowboys at Miami Dolphins [rescheduling?]
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills [new owner; doesn't have game yet]
St. Louis Rams at Jacksonville Jaguars [Not happening this lifetime]

DMczaf

Rorschach said:

I give this week

lane-kiffin-raider.jpg

OUT OF

a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I give this week

lane-kiffin-raider.jpg

OUT OF

a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
a_photo_lane_kiffin.jpg
Is that the equivalent to 5/5? Top is suited Kiffin: young, clean-cut, and hungry. Bottom is worn out Kiffin: dirt on face.

Suit Kiffin has to be worth as much as 5 bum Kiffins!

[edit] Wait...is that supposed to be a beard? I honestly thought it was dirt...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

update:

Washington Redskins at Greenbay Packers [Playing tomorrow]
Dallas Cowboys at Miami Dolphins [rescheduling?]
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills [new owner; doesn't have game yet]
St. Louis Rams at Jacksonville Jaguars [Not happening this lifetime]
So really after Live and Wasabi play, we can advance the week?

Fifty

I swear, this game against Bryan is going to make me kill someone. I can't wait to see one of these replays. My defender just gave up.. I deserve to lose this, because I made so many mistakes. I wish I could blame the game..but mostly I just blame myself. So many dumb picks, and two horrible user mistakes on D. Now I know why Rors plays DT! No risk!!

I've had at least 3 sure sacks turn into completions for him. Ugh..just one of those games.

DMczaf

Fifty said:
I swear, this game against Bryan is going to make me kill someone. I can't wait to see one of these replays. My defender just gave up.. I deserve to lose this, because I made so many mistakes. I wish I could blame the game..but mostly I just blame myself. So many dumb picks, and two horrible user mistakes on D. Now I know why Rors plays DT! No risk!!

I've had at least 3 sure sacks turn into completions for him. Ugh..just one of those games.

No matter how washed up you are now, you'll always be a HOFer!

Fifty

Dammit..what a crazy 4th quarter. Hopefully I stressed out Bryan somewhat and this miserable game wasn't all for nothing. I could have tied it! Crazy, crazy game. I'm crying on the inside.

I was so pissed at myself because the first two TDs I gave up were 100% my fault.

The first was a zone, and I bite on a PA as a safety..allowing his WR a wide open TD

The second was a sack attempt..his QB was scrambling, and as he threw the ball on the run, I switched players, but instead of switching to the player closest to the QB pre-throw, I end up getting the safety and not realizing it..giving him another open TD!!!!!

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
Dammit..what a crazy 4th quarter. Hopefully I stressed out Bryan somewhat and this miserable game wasn't all for nothing. I could have tied it! Crazy, crazy game. I'm crying on the inside.

I was so pissed at myself because the first two TDs I gave up were 100% my fault.

The first was a zone, and I bite on a PA as a safety..allowing his WR a wide open TD

The second was a sack attempt..his QB was scrambling, and as he threw the ball on the run, I switched players, but instead of switching to the player closest to the QB pre-throw, I end up getting the safety and not realizing it..giving him another open TD!!!!!

Somewhere the 1972 Dolphins are opening a bottle of champagne.

Fifty

I should remind everyone, since we've removed the notice from the front page..that the winning player enters in both sets of TEAM stats.

Both players still enter in their own player stats.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
I should remind everyone, since we've removed the notice from the front page..that the winning player enters in both sets of TEAM stats.

whack rule. if i can enter my team stats after a loss then so can everyone else

BryanI

Fifty said:

Yes, that game stressed me out big-time. Didn't help that I threw a tremendously stupid INT and Lewis got a case of fumblitis in the fourth quarter.

Still, great comeback by Fifty.

Rorschach

GQMan: let me know when you want to play.

Fifty said:

It was in the rules. :p

Third rule down:
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=1307

CB: it gets rid of the confusion and the erasing of stats from entering them at the same time. Is it really that hard to tab through them? :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
there is no confusion. i always do my player stats first. by that time the other dude has put the team stats in no problem.

besides that both times ive lost ive put in my team stats. when i beat DSkills he put in his team stats. it seems most people arent following that rule anyway

Rorschach

CB3 said:
there is no confusion. i always do my player stats first. by that time the other dude has put the team stats in no problem.

besides that both times ive lost ive put in my team stats. when i beat DSkills he put in his team stats. it seems most people arent following that rule anyway
Other people enter their player stats first too. I know people aren't following the rule since I had to redo the team stats last week because the other guy put in the score and erased my stats, but that doesn't mean we should just abandon the rules. :|

Come on, guys: read the rules. They are on the front page every week just in case.

You too, Fifty! :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX,I'm free now to lose.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok im coming on now.

You are home.

Matrix

GG DCX...I guess :lol Two of the worst teams in the game sure makes for one disgusting all around game.

I could not get anything going on O all game,you played great D with a shit ass team.

I also couldn't believe how many drops we both had on deep passes.

<3 Ryans..... 103 yard int td !

DCX

DCX
.... no words can describe the emotions i'm feeling for this god awful season. I played as good as you can on D til the 4th and Ryan is going to set not only NFL, but world wide records with his ints! Not just ints, ints for TDs. 14 points to matrix before he even gets a first down...well...unless Shawn wins the SuperBowl, Cowboys here i come.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
GG DCX...I guess :lol Two of the worst teams in the game sure makes for one disgusting all around game.

I could not get anything going on O all game,you played great D with a shit ass team.

I also couldn't believe how many drops we both had on deep passes.

<3 Ryans..... 103 yard int td !
:lol If i just ran the ball and never threw the ball i would have won the game lol

DCX

Matrix

DCX said:
:lol If i just ran the ball and never threw the ball i would have won the game lol

DCX

:lol

So true,I'm almost certain Turner would have been able to stiff arm his way into the end zone every time you were in my red zone.

LukeSmith

LJ, you have it on both platforms right? So do I: I'm down for either when it's time to get it on, I assume you're celebrating your victory today.

Fifty

Rorschach said:
Come on, guys: read the rules. They are on the front page every week just in case.

You too, Fifty! :p

I read the rules! But obviously not everyone remembers every single rule. Bryan didn't know about the rule..so I figured I'd post it here just to re-remind everyone. Just because it's written there doesn't mean that everyone knows it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well, at least I knocked out Brian Westbrook with Tuck!

On the plus side, I did win my first three games. Knew I had to with my sched.

Top Bottom