• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Wow. that was the most complete game ive had maybe ever. Everything was clicking
The worst part is I think my D did pretty well. Dunno what Ross was doing on the first TD, but you saw me using the safety over top is probably why you went to him. He was man to man on Wastbrek. The kickoff return TD is a kickoff return TD. The other two bombs I switched to the guy and screwed it up.

My main focus was stopping Wastbrek and I guess I did that. :(

Actually I am kidding. CB cheesed me, brought nano blitzes that the AI couldn't compensate for, threw passes that were indefensible, and ran up the score. I quit this fucking league because I am a big cry baby and the ball has to bounce my way every time. My mother always told me I was the best at things and she is always right. Fuck this league!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Nice. I think they're gonna be hard to get this year. Save the replay!

yeah i saved it.

Actually I am kidding. CB cheesed me, brought nano blitzes that the AI couldn't compensate for, threw passes that were indefensible, and ran up the score. I quit this fucking league because I am a big cry baby and the ball has to bounce my way every time. My mother always told me I was the best at things and she is always right. Fuck this league!

:lol :lol :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Konex is too busy posting in the wrong league thread asking for zep to get that game done

Knee and I tried again to play, but there is something going on with EA's servers or the game just doesn't like us.

Game Attempt 1- I'm up 14-0 and the game disconnects at the end of the first quarter

Game Attempt 2- I'm up 7-3 or something and the game disconnects again

Game Attempt 3- Horrible lag and random disconnections despite 5 or 6 tries with different configurations (i.e. I challenge...he challenge etc...)

Tomorrow is not a likely scenario for the game being played from how things are lining up, so it looks as if we won't get a chance to settle this Miami/Dallas matchup until Tuesday at the earliest...

Every fucking year there is *something* fucked up about the online play. Get that damn patch #2 out pronto!! :mad:

Rorschach

Both of you have classic cam? Sometimes, it's just a router issue. :\ If you guys were able to play straight through your modem, or at least one of you, it might work.

CB3 said:
Konex is too busy posting in the wrong league thread asking for zep to get that game done
:lol Bless him. At least he tried. It sure as hell wasn't gonna get initiated by Zep.

Zep

Banned
Calm down homo's...Like I told FMT, I'm running off a 56k line right now. Cool that it allows me to go online w/ my PS3 though!

And I tried playing Miguel Friday night with it and it played like shit... then the game disconnected in the 3rd.

Verizon told me the 29th...I know thats BS and I can get it moved up, so I'm calling first thing in the morning and will keep calling until I can get this week.

Miguel/Konex, we'll play...Give me a day to get this sorted out.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Both of you have classic cam? Sometimes, it's just a router issue. :\ If you guys were able to play straight through your modem, or at least one of you, it might work.

Router could def. be the issue. Ramirez and I were having issues till I direct connected and then we were good to go.

Rorschach said:

:lol Bless him. At least he tried. It sure as hell wasn't gonna get initiated by Zep.

I assume knee has classic, but I didn't confirm...

Ramirez

Zep said:
Calm down homo's...Like I told FMT, I'm running off a 56k line right now. Cool that it allows me to go online w/ my PS3 though!

And I tried playing Miguel Friday night with it and it played like shit... then the game disconnected in the 3rd.

Verizon told me the 29th...I know thats BS and I can get it moved up, so I'm calling first thing in the morning and will keep calling until I can get this week.

You're scared, that's all.

Rorschach

Zep said:

How the hell do you expect us to know all this if you don't post it? We'll roll with this gag until MrBob gets caught up in sweeps.

Shawnwhann said:
I assume knee has classic, but I didn't confirm...
Try the router thing. Works 100% like 80% of the time.

Zep

Banned
Cause everyone doesn't need to know...I'm not playing 17 people at one time. Told miguel the week we were supposed to play and still tried. Don't know why FMT didn't remember, it was only 3-4days ago that I told him. My fault for not getting with Konex, I knew he was looking to play and blew it off and forgot completely.

I can't have a stable enough connection to play games with these speeds.

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
DJ,

What time works for you? I am home and available during the week after 8PM EST except Thursdays which are kind of bad.

Tonight works, Wasabi and I should be getting our game done as well. Just let me know what time.

LiveWire said:
Hey Wasabi, are you available at 10:30 Eastern (7:30 Pacific) tonight to play our game?
I'm free all day today, Monday.

EDIT: and people who quit on THEIR OWN LEAGUE should not be in this one

I will NO LONGER play a game until that DM glitch ends, period. Just locked up with Somnia, and I don't mind replaying our games, but I'm not putting up with that shit moving forward. Forfeit my games, I don't care, but until it is fixed, I am postponing my league matches Hurricane Ike style.

EDIT: The kicker, we tried to pause the game at 3 secs left to avoid this issue, but it would not let me or Somnia do it. And sure it enough it still happened, and we're both on classic cam, blah blah blah

Somnia

WasabiKing said:
I will NO LONGER play a game until that DM glitch ends, period. Just locked up with Somnia, and I don't mind replaying our games, but I'm not putting up with that shit moving forward. Forfeit my games, I don't care, but until it is fixed, I am postponing my league matches Hurricane Ike style.

EDIT: The kicker, we tried to pause the game at 3 secs left to avoid this issue, and sure it enough it still happened

Yep we both talked about it before hand and went to pause at 3 sec...would not let us pause at all. So..ya. Wasabi and I have talked and will replay our game (when patch is out per wasabi :D ) I feel bad since he beat me fair and square (grr at palmer and starting rb perry getting knocked out).

Rorschach

WasabiKing said:

EDIT: The kicker, we tried to pause the game at 3 secs left to avoid this issue, but it would not let me or Somnia do it. And sure it enough it still happened, and we're both on classic cam, blah blah blah
...how could it happen if you pause it? If you pause it, and it circles around the stadium, you should be able to get out of it by trying to pause again. The one that you can't get out of is the one where it just shows the sprint replay.

Of course it won't let you pause during a play, you have to do it at the call screen.

btw- it is a lot less likely to happen if you boot up and play your game. If you boot up and enter practice mode or exhibition and then play your game , or if you play multiple games on the day without rebooting, then it's more likely to happen.

[edit] Looks like the patch could hit late this week or early next week. Up to Sony/MS!

Fifty

Rorschach said:
[edit] Looks like the patch could hit late this week or early next week. Up to Sony/MS!

If MS/Sony "approved" the game as it is now, they should just let the patch come out without any testing of it. It's gotta be an improvement...right? Right?

Rorschach

Fifty said:
If MS/Sony "approved" the game as it is now, they should just let the patch come out without any testing of it. It's gotta be an improvement...right? Right?
Avatar! At least Sony releases them earlier. I think they might not even test them!

Ramirez said:
Am I missing something, what is the DM glitch?
Named after DMczaf! The game freezes at the end and doesn't let you get post game replay screen. It happens when you go into practice, exhibition, franchise, etc and then play another game. If you save/reboot, it doesn't happen often. It's a cache problem.

The other freeze that happens, where the camera circles around the stadium, is easily bypassed by the other guy pressing start until the pause screen comes up again.

Both will be fixed with the patch.

LiveWire said:
Wasabi, are you free now to play our game?
Read above. Don't think he'll play you today. :\

Rorschach

Looks like Wasabi and Somnia tried to pause while on the field. You can only pause while at the playcall screen, folks. They added this because cheesers would pause in the middle of plays.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Looks like Wasabi and Somnia tried to pause while on the field. You can only pause while at the playcall screen, folks. They added this because cheesers would pause in the middle of plays.

Gotcha...we'll make sure to remember this for next time.

Ramirez

I guess I'm not affected by it because I never load the game up for anything other than league games. :lol WE TALKIN' BOUT PRACTICE.

LiveWire

:lol :lol :lol

I was down 40 points going into tonight's game, and I had Nick Folk and Westbrook.

I'm now down by only 5. :lol

Edit: Oops wrong thread!

Top Bottom