• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Fifty

That was the first post in this thread in the last 20 hours!! And the last post was by the same person. We need to start some shit in here. I don't care why nothing's happening..Just that it is. If you haven't played, play..If you have played..start shit with someone you barely know. It's the lifeblood of the Madden league!

LiveWire

Fifty said:
That was the first post in this thread in the last 20 hours!! And the last post was by the same person. We need to start some shit in here. I don't care why nothing's happening..Just that it is. If you haven't played, play..If you have played..start shit with someone you barely know. It's the lifeblood of the Madden league!

Hey fuck you don't tell us what to do!

GQman2121

Banned
FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO ARE UNDEFEATED OR HAVE ANY WINS AT ALL!!!!

Rors, how the hell do you get your D-linemen to hurdle my Guards on passing plays? It was like every other down I was on the run because of that shit.

Fucking Titans suck ass for me. I've never taken this long to figure out Madden; nothing is clicking for me on either side of the ball with Tennessee.

I literally can do nothing right online. I can't run. I can't block. I can't break blocks. I can't tackle any RB in the league one on one. I'm officially this leagues bitch. :(

Good game Rors.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GQman2121 said:

Rors, how the hell do you get your D-linemen to hurdle my Guards on passing plays? It was like every other down I was on the run because of that shit.

Fucking Titans suck ass for me. I've never taken this long to figure out Madden; nothing is clicking for me on either side of the ball with Tennessee.

I literally can do nothing right online. I can't run. I can't block. I can't break blocks. I can't tackle any RB in the league one on one. I'm officially this leagues bitch. :(

Good game Rors.
Want to play a game? I use Tenn and you use any team you want.

GQman2121

Banned
Wellington said:
Want to play a game? I use Tenn and you use any team you want.

No thanks, I have a one pounding in the ass a night rule and Rors was the lucky winner.

I definitely would like to play a bunch of you guys again with a different team though.

Rorschach

GQman2121 said:

Good game Rors.
They weren't. There were a few times when they were hurdling over your guys, but mostly it was my DEs sitting outside waiting for you to roll out or run back too far. There were several instances where I was scared shitless because if you went down the middle, you would have gotten 20 or 30. You did notice it once and went right for the hole, but fortunately, I switched to Sands and stopped you before you broke it.

I did blitz you a lot, though. There was at least 1 spy or blitzer on every play.

You had a couple of good runs, but you didn't keep at it enough to do any damage or keep me from focusing on Vince. 6 runs total with the HBs and 3 of them were to run the clock down at the end.

And wow @ Vince...he broke way more tackles than DMC :(

[edit] Also: all the PA rollout without any runs didn't help... Hard to fall for PA when someone isn't running. Roll right into the blitz.

LiveWire

Yay, another 4th quarter crash, thanks EA! Denog up 14-7 at the beginning of the 4th, I just forced a punt and called my first offensive play and boom, done.

Fucking EA.

When's this supposed patch due? Might as well not bother to play our games until it hits if 50% of our matchups get disconnected. :/

Edit: FMT, can you put up a vote on the league page (whether or not we postpone until the patch hits)? Wasabi informed me that he's not playing any more league games until the patch, and I'm inclined to agree, having 2 league games in a row disconnect (when previously Denog and I had no connection issues, and this wasn't even a challenge or field goal disconnect).

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Yay, another 4th quarter crash, thanks EA! Denog up 14-7 at the beginning of the 4th, I just forced a punt and called my first offensive play and boom, done.

Fucking EA.

When's this supposed patch due? Might as well not bother to play our games until it hits if 50% of our matchups get disconnected. :/

Edit: FMT, can you put up a vote on the league page (whether or not we postpone until the patch hits)? Wasabi informed me that he's not playing any more league games until the patch, and I'm inclined to agree, having 2 league games in a row disconnect (when previously Denog and I had no connection issues, and this wasn't even a challenge or field goal disconnect).
That one doesn't sound like a patch issue. It's a router issue. I know you guys may not wanna hear it, but sometimes you're gonna get disconnected because your routers are either not set up right or incompatible. You'll never know it ahead of time because either you or the other person is oblivious to the circumstances. The only way to be sure is to connect directly and I know most of you are either unwilling or unable to do that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
id agree. i havent had an interrupted game of madden online besides maybe EA's servers going down. Defiantly sounds like a router thing

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have a D-Link DGL-4300 gaming router with all the latest firmware updates. The only game that has given me connection issues is Madden (and other EA games the day they launch). I do know that recently, Wellington and I used to be able to play easily but now we have this strange issue where neither of us can connect to the other's lobby. Both he and I confirmed that neither of us have changed anything with our connection. So, I personally doubt highly that it is a router problem on my end and am leaning more to EA's poor netcode. I mean, Madden 09 is already a roach hotel of bugs; what is one more cockroach to add to the misery?

CB3

the fact that no one else has the roach. me and shawn used to have hell trying to play nba2k8. only even happened with him

Ramirez

Not being able to connect to people's lobbies is definitely a router problem. I've had plenty of those situations this year and when one of us direct connects it always works.

DenogginizerOS

Ramirez said:
I have the same router. It might not even be your router, it could be his.
True. But that doesn't explain why Wellie and I used to connect fine but now all of a sudden in the last week or so, it doesn't.

CB3

DenogginizerOS said:
so, out of the blue, my highly rated router is on the fritz? not likely.

:lol do you work for D-link or something? no one said it was yours. its probably his.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
so, out of the blue, my highly rated router is on the fritz? not likely.
Nope. That's not it at all. Like I said, you can fix your router and have it up to date and open up all the right ports, BUT you can't be sure that A) the other person did the same thing or B) your router is 100% compatible with their router.

CB's example with Shawn is a good one. It's not just in madden, but in a lot of 1v1 console games. Some people just won't connect, others won't stay connected and others will only fail at random times.

I wasn't trying to accuse anyone or anything with my previous post. I'm just saying that the patch will not fix that type of issue and that it's bound to happen if you play through a router. Will the patch fix Wasabi's and DM's freeze? Yes. Random disconnects with certain people? No.

DenogginizerOS

CB3 said:
:lol do you work for D-link or something? no one said it was yours. its probably his.
:lol Do you work for EA or something? He and I and Wellie and others have had issues sudden;ly crop up in the last week or so. Not likely a router situation.

LukeSmith

RE: Lobby join issues.
On multiple occasions it's taken me close to a minute to join in a lobby scenario. I will appear in the left pane and the right pane (home team) will be empty. At least wait a bit longer than you think you should. Instead of failing to connect outright - which should result in an error message [if they did it right, lol] - the connection to another player seems to have slowed considerably.

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
True. But that doesn't explain why Wellie and I used to connect fine but now all of a sudden in the last week or so, it doesn't.

....or how you and I have played tons of NCAA games with no problem, and at least 2 other Madden games with no problem.

There was no lag at all for the entire game, and then a sudden disconnect? I don't think it's a router issue.

DenogginizerOS said:
This problem seemed to surface ever since the latest roster update. Perhaps the problem lies within it.

Bingo.

CB3

There was no lag at all for the entire game, and then a sudden disconnect? I don't think it's a router issue.

happens with me and shawn in 2k all the time. it could be a patch issue but i still think its more likely a router thing.

knee

It's amazing how DBs react when their backs are totally turned. I think I had 6+ turnovers that game.

I just got wrecked. 42-7 vs. Cowboys -_-

Good game knee, tough as the Dolphins! Sorry but I gotta submit a couple of plays for the top play of the week! :D

Rors and FMT check your PMs
EDIT- EA Sports world is down, I'll forward the clips when it's back up

BTW, it's so nice seeing so many Cowboys leading so many statistical categories, it's like real life! :D

rors/fifty, or any of the other commishes, do you think you could do me a favor and do the awards/rankings this week? :D

sorry dudes, i've been pretty busy with all this AIG shit going down (as i work there) and i honestly haven't had time to sit down and do all this. things will be back to normal next week... one way or another!

thanks... dudes!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rors/fifty, or any of the other commishes, do you think you could do me a favor and do the awards/rankings this week? :D

sorry dudes, i've been pretty busy with all this AIG shit going down (as i work there) and i honestly haven't had time to sit down and do all this. things will be back to normal next week... one way or another!

thanks... dudes!
No problem, broblem. Good luck with all that.... :(

CB3

If Quentin Demps doesnt win the Week 4 special teams POTW and "158.3" Donovan atleast get a look for offensive POW, im coming after someone...

though im sure we will have no trouble since it seems that FMT might not do the awards for next week either so i wont get HOSED.

(dont think i forgot about Westy getting cheated two weeks in a row that one season, FMT...)

CB3

Rorschach said:
Awards up, week officially advanced.

:lol Uhm... Don't look at NFC offensive player of the week! :(

thats fine this week. but my dudes should get a serious look for week 4

Quentin Demps should be a lock for ST POW

Donovan should have a good look at for offensive POW 10/11, 3 TD's

3 guys could get a look for DPOW
Omar Gaither 6 tackles 1 sack 1 int
Asante Samuel 2 tackles 2 int's
Brian Dawkins (who i user control every play) 6 tackles 2 int's

i gotta get atleast 2 out of 3!
and i dont want FMT's lame excuse he gave me one time that the POW spots cant be dominated by one team. lame excuse!

Rorschach

CB3 said:
i gotta get atleast 2 out of 3!
and i dont want FMT's lame excuse he gave me one time that the POW spots cant be dominated by one team. lame excuse!
That's my understanding. That's why it was so hard to find ST POTW and it's why the AFC didn't get the REAL defensive player of the week:

Derrick Burgess
9tackles, 5 for loss, 3 sack

Nnamdi Asomugha
2 tckl, 2 ints, 2 pd, 1 TD

Kirk Morrison
4 tckl, 1 for loss, 1fr, 1 TD

Mrbob

Is a patch hitting this week?

Me and Ram are supposed to play today, but I would rather wait for the patch if it is hitting by Friday.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Is a patch hitting this week?

Me and Ram are supposed to play today, but I would rather wait for the patch if it is hitting by Friday.
That's their prediction. It's up to Sony/MS, so it might get here and it might not. :|

Shawnwhann said:
How is the heck did Frank Gore beat Romo for NTC POTW?!? Did you see Romo's stat line for the game? 338 yards passing, 4 TDs and this monster play here...

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/655821

RECOUNT!!!
The part where he throws an interception? :p

Frank Gore was also responsible for 4TDs and look at that rushing average! And he didn't have to throw 2 ints to get those 4 TDs!

[edit]Knee: what happened to your stats?

Mrbob

So Ram do you want to hold off for a couple days...wait and see?

I wouldn't mind waiting...these glitches are horrid.

Rorschach said:
That's their prediction. It's up to Sony/MS, so it might get here and it might not. :|

The part where he throws an interception? :p

Frank Gore was also responsible for 4TDs and look at that rushing average! And he didn't have to throw 2 ints to get those 4 TDs!

[edit]Knee: what happened to your stats?

I just think it's lame two running backs received POTW awards when there were other compelling candidates out here on the NFC side.

Hell, T.O. has a 45.6 YPC average with 6 TDs in three games yet he has yet to get any love...TEH BIAS!!! :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:

thanks... dudes!

Can we get you a new tag "Paid for by the Taxpayers" or something?

BryanI

Hey guys,

Just curious: When do week 5 games open up? Work is pretty busy these days, so I want to plan my schedule accordingly so I don't hold back the league.

Fifty

Friday (that might mean 9 PM pacific on Thursday..I guess it'll depend on how many games are played)

and FYI, the advancement date is on the main league page. I think we'll be sticking to those. If it advances early and you can't play until the date listed, no one will be mad (except the person you're supposed to play)

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=1307

Top Bottom