• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle AJ

Goddamit Dave!

That was the second time I had to play DYFLWD on drums today, too. That's one too many!

Baker said:
What are those fire notes in multiplayer?

Band moments - band-wide score multiplier if everyone hits the notes like a RB2 unison bonus. It only seems to last for 20 seconds or so.

Baker said:
I know I suck Dave but you didn't have to quit when we were 9.5 million points through that song!

I didn't quit! It said it lost connection to you!

Trust me, I gain nothing, I was trying to use you guys to get the 10 million points challenge!

BAH!

Baker

Banned
Mo the Hawk said:
Band moments - band-wide score multiplier if everyone hits the notes like a RB2 unison bonus. It only seems to last for 20 seconds or so.
Ah ok. Does normal SP effect the whole group or just you? I was on the far left so I barely could check out any of the gui. What happens if you use the SP during a band moment?

Those notes are so small even on a 57" tv. I have no idea how you guys use hyperspeed in multiplayer.

Uncle AJ

Sorry for blowing it on Song 2, would've been a full band FC...

Also, right before we played Du Hast, I got a call from my parents saying Best Buy accepted my job application, so I had to hold the phone between my ear and shoulder for the first 2/3rds of the song :lol And I even made 100%!

Baker said:
Ah ok. Does normal SP effect the whole group or just you? I was on the far left so I barely could check out any of the gui. What happens if you use the SP during a band moment?

SP always doubles that player's score. They start adding band-wide multipliers when 2 or more players have SP activated. One dude using star power is a 1x band multiplier, so there's no effect. 2 players adds a 2x band multiplier, 3 players adds 3x, and so forth.

I assume the SP and band moment multipliers stack? I glanced up and saw a 7x band multiplier at one point.

Baker

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I found it surprisingly easy to play 4 player, to be honest. But then, I was on bass. I let others do the hard work.
I also hadn't played any of those songs before except Song 2, so maybe that was it. It's hard to sight read when they're that small.

Plus I was nervous playing with csb because I know his cocky ass was judging me the whole time. :lol When did he switch over to 360?

Xevren

If any multiplayer is going on feel free to send me an invite, I'm just playing with randoms in that rockfest mode. I think I like all the modes except for momentum.

I'm warming to the setlist. The Santana track is super cool. I don't remember the names of the others, but there's one that sounds like it could be a GH2 bonus track (it reminds me of Yes We Can a little) that's easy to play but I really like. Tons of alt strumming about a minute in.

DuckRacer

TheGreatDave said:
I'm warming to the setlist. The Santana track is super cool. I don't remember the names of the others, but there's one that sounds like it could be a GH2 bonus track (it reminds me of Yes We Can a little) that's easy to play but I really like. Tons of alt strumming about a minute in.
The Santana track is by far the best non-Bon Jovi track in GH5.

Baker

Banned
I fucking hate alt strumming (even though I grew up playing metal on real guitar) so I'm never going to get the 2nd medal in that Face to Face song.

I have decided to Jump In, and will be doing so with GH5. I don't have enough GH DLC to make it cost-prohibitive so the 360 will be for GH and the PS3 will be for RB. I'm not certain on the when, but I know it'll be this month.

I'm thinking of getting Beatles on both, and that sale at BB (B1G1-50%) is making it hard to resist.

Baker

Banned
Young Funk is awesome on guitar even though I suck at it. I five star it easily, but I keep missing the 2nd medal by a few points.

Edit: Lol got it and it was the worst I ever did on it. Must have got a good SP run.

LakeEarth

When I beat the game, the system froze. When I reset and tried to play 21st Schizoid Man, it froze again. Is this a known problem? It's the only song that's doing this.

DuckRacer

TheGreatDave said:
DYFLWD?

Saturday Night's Alright is the other song I liked. The HO chords in the chorus feel so good.
DYFLWD is fun, but it's also over 13 minutes long with an excessive amount of boring sections. I doubt I'll play it again unless I'm going for achievements online or something.

And Saturday Night's Alright is pretty terrible because of the hammer-on chords, but that's just me.

Xevren

Anyone do the Bass challenge for L.A.? The diamond requirement is to hit 95 hammer ons. Well I would assume I did that, because I full combo'd the damn song but I guess not. The only thing I can think of is it goes against you for strumming HO/PO's, which stinks because that's a huge habit for me on slower songs.

Xevren said:
Anyone do the Bass challenge for L.A.? The diamond requirement is to hit 95 hammer ons. Well I would assume I did that, because I full combo'd the damn song but I guess not. The only thing I can think of is it goes against you for strumming HO/PO's, which stinks because that's a huge habit for me on slower songs.

Yeah, it does. I have to think all the time and make an effort not to strum them.

I think strumming "tap" notes counts against you in those challenges too.

DuckRacer said:
And Saturday Night's Alright is pretty terrible because of the hammer-on chords, but that's just me.

Really? I felt like a God playing that section. Sounds so cool too.

sneaky77

feel free to add me to the list of online people, I am not that great I can't play every song in expert but I'll have beatles as well

Porkepik

Well allegate, I have it on PS3+GHWT import and about 40 dlc song, if you want to play.... I trust my ps3 more than my 360 and My Ion drum is ps3 so I bought it on the PS3. But I guess you'll find a lot more player on the 360

Porkepik said:
Well allegate, I have it on PS3+GHWT import and about 40 dlc song, if you want to play.... I trust my ps3 more than my 360 and My Ion drum is ps3 so I bought it on the PS3. But I guess you'll find a lot more player on the 360
Ah. I was only wondering because I now have a PS3 WT and SH code to give away and was wondering who was buying GH5 and didn't have either of those games.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
TheGreatDave said:
Smash Hits export is apparently up (for Wii only :( )

:lol :lol :lol

Every GH song will be available to import in a few weeks via homebrew. Wii = true GUITAR HERO PLATFORM (tm)

Baker

Banned
I still don't understand the whammy challenges at all. I jiggle the fuck out of it on almost every sustain and still barely make bronze (if that).

Do you have to crazy jiggle it, or can you just hold it down once per sustain?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Baker said:
I still don't understand the whammy challenges at all. I jiggle the fuck out of it on almost every sustain and still barely make bronze (if that).

I've come damn close to getting a Diamond on some, and then others I can't get better than a Gold. I've full comboed all of the ones I've tried too. It drives me crazy. I'm jiggling it constantly even when there aren't sustains just to make sure. I full combo that way, and I'm still short a notch or three to get Diamond. Crazy I say.

Baker

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
You have to be moving the whammy for it to count. You can't just hold it.
I'll just play with you again and you can unlock all that shit for me. :lol

That is a nice little addition though. I got credit/unlockables for stuff you guys did during band play.

Magik

Baker said:

You have to whammy the shit out the whammy bar.

The Diamond challenges for the Whammy challenges are brutal as fuck. Basically can't miss a single whammy note.

I've played that damn Coldplay song far more than I would ever want to listen to it.

DuckRacer

TheGreatDave said:
Really? I felt like a God playing that section. Sounds so cool too.
The whole section just killed my fingers and it dragged on too long. If I were using a Strat I wouldn't hate it nearly as much (but I still wouldn't like it).

DuckRacer said:
The whole section just killed my fingers and it dragged on too long. If I were using a Strat I wouldn't hate it nearly as much (but I still wouldn't like it).
Don't speak the name of The Other Plastic Guitar in this holy thread. You'll taint it.

Baker

Banned
DuckRacer said:
What's the song that has six different sections of G-R-O hammer ons? That was frickin' killing me last night.

LakeEarth

LakeEarth said:
When I beat the game, the system froze. When I reset and tried to play 21st Schizoid Man, it froze again. Is this a known problem? It's the only song that's doing this.
Anyone?

Baker

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Sort of on that topic; when installed the loading times in GH5 are so good. Best since GH3, maybe even on par.
They're almost too good. I don't have time to run to the fridge for another beer anymore.

Hell, even in online multiplayer, the song was getting ready to start by the time I got back.

Magik

TheGreatDave said:
Sort of on that topic; when installed the loading times in GH5 are so good. Best since GH3, maybe even on par.

Yeah. Load times are great in GH5 especially coming from GHWT/M/GH.

Now only if the initial loading of DLC content was faster.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
TheGreatDave said:
I played an installed GH3 a few days ago and the only time it loaded was on longer songs and the Lou battle. Every other time was instantaneous. I said whoa.

NameGenerated said:
I played an installed GH3 a few days ago and the only time it loaded was on longer songs and the Lou battle. Every other time was instantaneous. I said whoa.
Yeah, it was great. Basically, it seemed to keep the level/characters etc in memory, so if you didn't change stuff it loaded really fast. GH5 seems to be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom