• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official All-Encompassing Guitar Hero SUPER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Damn, my disk came with a tiny nick on it and 21 Scizoid Man does not work and the game will not install (fucks up at 43%). First new games I've bought in ages and it fails to work, unlike the used games I get :lol

I don't want to return it though, cause the guitar that came with it is perfect.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The hopos in this game are really weird. It's like they are way tighter, but still not good.... I dunno. I feel like I'm messing up parts I know I am hitting.

LakeEarth said:
Damn, my disk came with a tiny nick on it and 21 Scizoid Man does not work and the game will not install (fucks up at 43%). First new games I've bought in ages and it fails to work, unlike the used games I get :lol

I don't want to return it though, cause the guitar that came with it is perfect.

Do you know anybody with the game? You could just borrow it, install it, then just run it off your disc (seeing as it just checks it's in the drive, rather than actually loads anything)

NameGenerated said:
The hopos in this game are really weird. It's like they are way tighter, but still not good.... I dunno. I feel like I'm messing up parts I know I am hitting.

I've had a lot of trouble with lag. I ended up putting in something like 80ms audio lag and no video lag, when I usually play with no video lag and no audio lag. So maybe mess around there a little?

Sorry I had to go BROS, I'll be on later, send me an invite if you wanna play.

Xevren

NameGenerated said:

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me insane. I'm going to start messing around with the calibration settings tonight.

TheGreatDave said:
24q8qvm.png

Developed by: Neversoft
Published by: Satan
Released: September 1st (US); September 11 (Lesser Countries)
:lol

The challenges are great. I just dislike how they're scattered across the 5 line ups. Give me a guitar challenge for every song, a bass challenge for every song, etc.

Xevren

TheGreatDave said:
The challenges are great. I just dislike how they're scattered across the 5 line ups. Give me a guitar challenge for every song, a bass challenge for every song, etc.

That would be awesome. Sorry about backing out like that, but I really didn't want to play competitive until I could at least find a decent calibration so I could at least play decent. Think I have something half decent now. Playing career online seems pretty cool now that I have seen it.

LakeEarth

TheGreatDave said:
Do you know anybody with the game? You could just borrow it, install it, then just run it off your disc (seeing as it just checks it's in the drive, rather than actually loads anything)
Another good idea, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work anymore. Now the game can't get passed the title screen before the game screws up. I think my system is making more scratches when it struggles to read past the pre-existing ones. Go go Best Buy return policy!

Xevren

One of the bass challenges is painful too, have to upstrum a fairly fast song and it takes quite awhile to unlock what you need.

Magik

birdman said:
The only challenge I'm not a huge fan of is the whammy bar one. My arm goes dead from whammying so damn much.

I have the same problem as well which is only magnified when I end up finishing with only two stars and forced to replay the damn song.

Baker

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Another good idea, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work anymore. Now the game can't get passed the title screen before the game screws up. I think my system is making more scratches when it struggles to read past the pre-existing ones. Go go Best Buy return policy!
If they give you shit, just take it back to a Walmart. Even without a receipt they'll let you trade it for the same game. You don't even have to tell them it came in a guitar bundle, just take the game in.

Baker

Banned
Ok, that's fucking lame. Even with all the "play whatever you want" bullshit, you can't just plug all the instruments in and play whatever you want on the P1 gamertag.

I wanted to switch between vocals and guitars but it won't let me without turning controllers off and shit.

Edit: And on top of that you have to turn off the game to get the P2 controller to switch to P1.

Dude seriously WTF? Even at the dashboard it won't let me make the controller be P1. I'm fucking drunk and about to throw this shit through my tv.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Baker said:
Edit: And on top of that you have to turn off the game to get the P2 controller to switch to P1.

Dude seriously WTF? Even at the dashboard it won't let me make the controller be P1. I'm fucking drunk and about to throw this shit through my tv.
That's the xbox and that shit pisses me off so much. Once I was play MvC2 with my arcade stick and my friend wanted to use the controller so I unplugged the stick and turned on the controller. That became player 1 and when I went to plug the stick back in it would always go to player 2. Had to restart the system. SO LAME.

Baker

Banned
So...

If I want to play all the instruments, I pretty much have to turn off the system every time I want to switch? Either that or maybe sign out of my GT then go in with the next controller and sign back in? Lame-o.

I know I'm needlessly bitching, but I seriously thought with the "everyone play" gimmick, that they really figured out a way for everything to be tied to P1. Since it lets you obviously switch between guitar and bass on the fly, I thought if other instruments were plugged in, they'd add those to the list.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
They should just let any other instrument jump in as a guest account. That ought to solve the problem.

Baker

Banned
Archie said:
They should just let any other instrument jump in as a guest account. That ought to solve the problem.
They will on guest accounts. I want to get credit for the shit I do though. So if one challenge is for vocals, I want to do vocals then go back to playing guitar. The game/system doesn't let you do that though.

Well, technically it does, but my GT wouldn't get any credit for it. And no, I'm not bitching about achievements.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hey, so has it been noted how the Van Halen offer works? Will they send you the physical game or will it be some download code? Because I'm a nitpicker and I want the physical thing.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
allegate said:
isn't there a rumor that the game is free because VH pissed them off or something?
why would activision give the game away because vh is pissed at them? lol. most likely activision knew that ghvh was gonna bomb and bundled it with gh5 to help against the beatles rock band.

birdman

I am quite amused at the fact that a $5 coupon is also included inside the GH5 case for any Guitar Hero game from WT to Van Halen.

Archie said:
why would activision give the game away because vh is pissed at them? lol. most likely activision knew that ghvh was gonna bomb and bundled it with gh5 to help against the beatles rock band.
no no, Activision is pissed at VH, something about the fact the game was due to launch this past spring but something delayed the title and this something upset Activision. I seem to remember hearing that on a podcast in the past month but I could have heard it wrong.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Honestly though, do you think Van Halen had anything to do with the game outside of licensing their name and music and maybe doing some mocap? IIRC, the game was slated for an August release, but it obviously missed that target. Activision is sending it to die in late December and is currently using it as a promotional tool to help boost GH5.

Baker

Banned
allegate said:
no no, Activision is pissed at VH, something about the fact the game was due to launch this past spring but something delayed the title and this something upset Activision. I seem to remember hearing that on a podcast in the past month but I could have heard it wrong.
So they were supposed to release the game around the time Metallica came out? That is dumb.

I'm with the other people. I bet they put in the same amount of effort (minimal) into Van Halen as they did Aerosmith and knew it was going to bomb. Fuck, the release date was Dec 22.

Edit: Yeah, what Archie said.

Baker

Banned
Feel Good Inc. was the first song I sang in this game and there's one part where it always says you break the combo even though there isn't a phrase-end line.

birdman

I feel like a god on the PS3 vocal leaderboards. I 3-starred Under Pressure and I still got 12th place overall. :lol

Baker

Banned
birdman said:
I feel like a god on the PS3 vocal leaderboards. I 3-starred Under Pressure and I still got 12th place overall. :lol
LOL.

BTW, the SH code I "stole" worked. So to the two people I gave the others to, you better use them quick in case someone else wrote them down too.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
birdman said:
How's the vox compared to RB? I was reading at scorehero, and it sounds like the actual engine is basically the same as GHWT, with improvements. The scoring system sounds like a significant overhaul and better than the RB system.

birdman

Archie said:
How's the vox compared to RB? I was reading at scorehero, and it sounds like the actual engine is basically the same as GHWT, with improvements. The scoring system sounds like a significant overhaul and better than the RB system.

It's not as good as Rock Band's, but it's damn close now. I can sing the songs and not mumble or robot through it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom