• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

MMaRsu said:
Jesus god I'm so fucking pissed man I know it's just a game but I've been looking forward to playing this game for almost 3 years now! I've watched everything that has been released so far, and made it a point not to watch any story missions/streams or whatever. But what the fuck man why do people spoil major shit :( :(

I also blame gametrailers.com who has already put up a walkthrough before the game is even out. assholes

Geek I sent you a PM, I spoiler tagged it but I'm not sure if it's true.
Feel sorry for you if it is legit spoiler but you were playing with fire.

I'm really excited about this game and want totally fresh look. That's why I skipped all streams, videos, reviews.

spoiler about cheats (not really that big)

cheats are entered through typing in cell phone numbers

2 more tidbits:

- Fire an RPG at a slight angle and it'll skim, including going under cars

- There's THREE endings, not two as IGN suggested.

MMaRsu

MirageDwarf said:
Feel sorry for you if it is legit spoiler but you were playing with fire.

Hey that board is trustworthy, I've been there for years and it was in the Gta thread..dude just came out with a major spoiler, he just came in there to post that and left after that. How is that playing with fire..

everybody in that thread who read it is fucking pissed off at that guy

another thing from a UK Sony playtester

Another thing I was told last night was that GTA4 was submitted to Sony for playtesting NINE times! At £50,000 a pop for them to playtest it and get the bug reports back, it'll have cost Rockstar a FORTUNE to submit it to Sony alone that many times, not including however many times it went to MS testing!

moai

what i really want to know is how deep is the character editing for MP. any impressions on the number of clothes and other items?

killakiz

moai said:
what i really want to know is how deep is the character editing for MP. any impressions on the number of clothes and other items?

Not very customizable, after watching the gametrailers mulitplayer videos.

MMaRsu said:
Hey that board is trustworthy, I've been there for years and it was in the Gta thread..dude just came out with a major spoiler, he just came in there to post that and left after that. How is that playing with fire..

everybody in that thread who read it is fucking pissed off at that guy
I didn't mean any board particularly. Was making general statement about how super excited fans can't help skipping all info. Sorry. I wasn't clear.

Stantron

MMaRsu said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I just read a MAJOR fucking spoiler...some fucking asshole on another board FUCK ME MAN :((((((((
Sorry to hear that, dude. This is part of the reason why I won't be playing MP until I finish SP, at least not ranked matches with strangers.

On the positive side, you don't know for sure if he told the truth. I would just play the game with the anticipation that his spoiler won't happen. Who knows, you may be surprised with the true (non-faked spoiler) story, in which case you'll still be playing in suspense for most of the game.

Bob's to do list:
now to 6am tomorrwo - finish project, play HSG.
6am - 1 pm: work side job
1pm - 10 pm: sleep
10 pm: go to GS
12 am - 4ever: play this game!!
Liberty City, FUCK YEAH!

I know somebody's going to post a major spoiler unmarked soon in this thread. It always happens to me with major releases, whether they're movies, books, or anything else that could have a plot.

MMaRsu

Yeah I'll still enjoy the game alot, but ofcourse now I'll be constantly thinking about it while playing story mode. Damnit...ah well just hope that shit ain't true..

Not going back to that board untill Friday btw, I don't trust anything except Neogaf anymore..

MMaRsu said:
Yeah I'll still enjoy the game alot, but ofcourse now I'll be constantly thinking about it while playing story mode. Damnit...ah well just hope that shit ain't true..

Not going back to that board untill Friday btw, I don't trust anything except Neogaf anymore..

gob-bluth-12498.jpg

"You've made a huge mistake"

HugBasket

Banned
After watching enough streams and seeing enough videos I've decided game journalists are fucked up people. They are the ones who have done all the bad things the media is going to jump on.

Then again, I should hold people who know how to set up a capture card as the average GTA buyer also...

Geek

Ninny Prancer
moai said:
Initially, not a ton of customization, with things like Male or Female, a number of hats, tops, pants, sunglasses, faces and hairstyles. As you level up from 0 to 10 (based on how much cash you get in ranked matches) you'll unlock a lot more.

Loudninja

Geek said:
Initially, not a ton of customization, with things like Male or Female, a number of hats, tops, pants, sunglasses, faces and hairstyles. As you level up from 0 to 10 (based on how much cash you get in ranked matches) you'll unlock a lot more.

Hey do you get more places to store cars?

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Loudninja said:
Hey do you get more places to store cars?
You know, I'm not entirely sure. I know you can keep them in designated spots at your safehouse(s) but I'm not 100% sure how many you can fit in the spot and if you can keep them scattered around the city at each. I didn't save any cars, really, because when I played through, I knew I wouldn't be able to retain my save.

Brashnir

bigmakstudios said:
I know somebody's going to post a major spoiler unmarked soon in this thread. It always happens to me with major releases, whether they're movies, books, or anything else that could have a plot.

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

Maybe that will stave off the spoiler tards... prolly not

besada

Banned
I still don't own this. I attempted to rob a Gamestop, but I dropped my pistol while knocking over the magazine rack, and then just felt stupid when I couldn't find it. The clerk came over to help me, and he got the pistol. I tried convincing him I had the pistol, but he didn't fall for it. So now I'm in County, waiting for my bail bondsman to show up.

Damn you, Rockstar!

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just booted up GTA3 and San Andreas on my X360 - and I noticed the graphics were actually a lot better in GTA3 than San Andreas. I'm sure it's because of the size, but damn, GTA3 holds up pretty damned well in the graphics. Such a smooth and clean cartoon-style. Not to mention that Fido looks a million times cooler than Ray Li... I mean Tommy Vercetti or that San Andreas dude.

I see now why I still consider GTA3 to be the best in the series. And I have a feeling I will say the same about GTAIV from tuesday on.

moai

Geek said:

thanks. the gt review showed very limited options, but it's good to know that as you rank up you can further customize your character.

Loudninja

Geek said:
You know, I'm not entirely sure. I know you can keep them in designated spots at your safehouse(s) but I'm not 100% sure how many you can fit in the spot and if you can keep them scattered around the city at each. I didn't save any cars, really, because when I played through, I knew I wouldn't be able to retain my save.

Well thats good enough, thanks :D

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
BobTheFork said:
Bob's to do list:
now to 6am tomorrwo - finish project, play HSG.
6am - 1 pm: work side job
1pm - 10 pm: sleep
10 pm: go to GS
12 am - 4ever: play this game!!
Liberty City, FUCK YEAH!

We gotta get some Cops and Robbers matches in between now and 4ever.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
My schedule (all times EST): waste my life

2:11 PM Tuesday
: Race to Gamestop, pick up preorder.

2:30 register XBL gold free one month membership.

2:31 - 5 Pm or so PLAY ONLINE

Eat Go to Work, MAYBE play online at 11:00 PM

Wednesday
- play online from 2:15- whenever:D

TONX said:
We gotta get some Cops and Robbers matches in between now and 4ever.
LOL true. The resistance clan was talking last night about what to do about that. Everyone wants to play some multiplayer but we all want to play the single player game for awhile first. I'm going to be playing darn near all night so anytime is good. I think i'm going to play single player for a few hours after midnight than hit multiplayer with anyone who is up.

besada

Banned
AkuMifune said:
And relationships. I wonder how many casualties GTAIV will cause. If I make it past GTA and MGS and still have a girlfriend, I'll know she's a keeper. :D

Hey, my wife gets at least a week without having to listen to me. Rockstar is her new favorite dev.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
i have decided pick up at midnight tomorrow and no sp just screw around learn the controls and then hop on live with it. have to work the next morning so limitted time to play, not enough to dive into sp.

I just played the hell out of GTA III this weekend. From the mission where you destroy the Cartels ship in Portland to Donald Loves disappearance. I may actually be able to finish it again before GTA IV's release.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
dagZ said:
The game comes out in 2 days, and this thread is not being bombarded with posts? wtf guys.:lol
I know, I used to be able refresh every couple minutes and miss a whole page of discussion. WTF people!

dagZ said:
The game comes out in 2 days, and this thread is not being bombarded with posts? wtf guys.:lol
It's because everyone's squabbling over minor differences between the two versions in the other thread. This is NeoGAF, dude.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
MMaRsu said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I just read a MAJOR fucking spoiler...some fucking asshole on another board FUCK ME MAN :((((((((

I think I was spoiled months ago anyway. That's why I'm avoiding comments and shit like that.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
dagZ said:

It is because it has three threads. One for console wars crap, this one, and another one for the gameplay vids.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
It's because everyone's squabbling over minor differences between the two versions in the other thread. This is NeoGAF, dude.

Don't worry. In 26 hours, nothing will be able to stop this thread.

Nothing.

Does anyone know of a way that I could get a TOSlink optical audio cable for really cheap? I could get one for $10 including shipping at monoprice, but do you think I could find it for cheaper elsewhere? I really want surround sound for GTA4.

Rlan

Has anybody done any tests on these early versions to test different places? Like the US GTA working on PAL systems?

Do you guys want to set up a GAF game tomorrow night? Like a few hours after it's out so that we all have some time to play an hour or two of singleplayer before hand.

jacobs34

God I have three term papers due this week and all I keep thinking is how can I find time to play GTA IV as much as possible. The solution... write all three papers tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be the worst day of my life, here's to hoping GTA is worth it!

Top Bottom