• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

AmMortal

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
GTA IV Being Watched by Guinness Records

IT IS HERE.

vskpvm.jpg

oh god yes, all over masterchief's face.

According to a new AP report (complete with a quote from 1UP's own Sam Kennedy), the launch of GTAIV is expected to hit 9 million copies. Multiply 9 million by $60 a pop, and you get a whopping $540 million in the company coffers, not counting the higher-priced Collector's Edition. How well sales will actually do has yet to be seen, but if the launch numbers are even two-thirds the projected amount, Niko would shatter Master Chief's record. We'll keep you posted as the two next-gen icons duke it out.

Of course it will shatter, rape, and piss on Halo 3's record. It's multiconsole and there are more consoles out overall.

Tek

So I just took a look at a couple of pages in the 360 vs PS3 comparison thread and I swear I left some brain cells behind.

Wow...this definitely is Neo Gaf.....

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
3 Hours and 25 Minutes, and I cannot believe I'm actually going out at midnight to pick up a game.

Not been as hyped as this for a game for a long time.

Aladuf

Banned
Tek said:
So I just took a look at a couple of pages in the 360 vs PS3 comparison thread and I swear I left some brain cells behind.

Wow...this definitely is Neo Gaf.....

Don't worry, you're safe here.

Killthee said:
Last weeks Lost episode had Ben kick some ass with a collapsible baton.

http://i28.tinypic.com/97mlgg.jpg
LMAO ok, now thats extra funny and I'll tell you why- I have never watched a single episode of lost. I work during prime time and I just never started watching when the show first came on. I've wondered whats up so I've kept up with a few spoilers from past season. After reading the reaction in the LOST thread, I downloaded that episode so I can watch it. Now I can't wait.

edit: countdown: 37,000 seconds? Why the hell did i look at that!?!?!

Tieno

Vennt said:
3 Hours and 25 Minutes, and I cannot believe I'm actually going out at midnight to pick up a game.

SonOfVennt going along?

Fifty

Has anyone gotten a guide yet and revealed the rewards for finding all of the pigeons in the game? I'm not keen on using cheats, but I'm hoping that there's some really cool incentive to actually find these.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Vennt said:

Same here. MY game boner is going through my pants right now for this game.

So played for about 4,5 hours and I really like the whole game, it looks great even on my SDTV, there's so much stuff to do and see you'll be overwhelmed for a long time, because I still am. The story ist good so far, nothing fancy over the top and for the first time in GTA I sort of like the main character. The MP is awesome and could sell as an own game.

My only negative point is that the game sometimes has lags. GTA4 on 60fps would be better. :eek:

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Tieno said:
SonOfVennt going along?

Nope, despite hours of pleading since getting out of school :lol

(The launch is for 18+ only, Shop manager has stated an intention to have strippers for the event etc. :D)

Vennt said:
Nope, despite hours of pleading since getting out of school :lol

(The launch is for 18+ only, Shop manager has stated an intention to have strippers for the event etc. :D)
..are you serious? I don't assume so but I can't tell lol.

Jel0man

Two hours to go till midnight launch. Ten hours to go for me, since I can't go, and in Moscow it's now also April the 29th. Awesome:D!

I'll be waiting for my Amazon delivery to come in tomorrow morning. Can't wait to finally get my hands on the game.

Flek said:
i just scanned this for you guys from the manual

358qe5z.jpg

2nw3dio.jpg

pißwasser = pisswater :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol
those are fucking awesome. Well the pisswater one specifically.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
BobTheFork said:
..are you serious? I don't assume so but I can't tell lol.

Yes, seriously, of course whether or not the manager was able to clear this and arrange it is another matter.

I even told MrsVennt that if he failed in his honourable intentions I'd grab a quick beer and lapdance at a place just around the corner instead before heading home. :lol

Unfortunately MrsVennt went on to inform me that if I did that, I'd be looking for a new console to play it on when I got home. :lol

Vennt said:
Yes, seriously, of course whether or not the manager was able to clear this and arrange it is another matter.

I even told MrsVennt that if he failed in his honourable intentions I'd grab a quick beer and lapdance at a place just around the corner instead before heading home. :lol

Unfortunately MrsVennt went on to inform me that if I did that, I'd be looking for a new console to play it on when I got home. :lol
lol well let us know if the strippers show up, that hilarious

10 hours here O-o but I'll be heading over there in 8 hours.
I'm gong to try like hell to get a nap in and sleep some of that time away.

Just pre-ordered from my local EB games. Better late than never, right?

Anyway, that pre-order box with "exclusive gamer pics!" is the biggest waste of packaging I've ever seen. Full plastic wrapped 360 case with security seal and boxart with a slip of paper inside. I tossed the whole thing in the recycling bin.

Each hour that passes makes the next hour feel even longer. It feels like I will be waiting for eternity at this point. I'm considering taking a half day tomorrow.

I'm excited to see how many people will be online on my friends list. I think when Halo 3 came out I topped off at 30 something out of a hundred.

I want 70s tonight.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm excited to see how many people will be online on my friends list. I think when Halo 3 came out I topped off at 30 something out of a hundred.

I want 70s tonight.

I'm gonna play some Lumines Live tonight just to confuse people and also to help you meet your goal.

Top Bottom