• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Sylar said:
Lazlow also said Vice City Stories had an full fledged strategy game built into it with the owning and buying of properties and managing them. It was far from that.

He's not wrong about this. The PSM3 podcast mentions the internet in GTA4 and talks about how massive it is.

Brashnir

prettyvacant77 said:
Can you imagine the megaton GAF overload if there was a spoof GAF??? :lol :lol

With spoofed regular gaffers??? :lol :lol

I can see it now. Niko signs on to the Forum of Acrimonious Gamers (FAG) and trolls the Wii.

eXistor

Dammit, I don't want to know anything about the gane so i can get the most out of it, but it's all too enticing!! Can't wait. It's been a long time since I've been hyped this much.

in-game internet? in-game xmb? coincidence?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

god im torn on which version to get

EDIT: The PS3 version will have rumble right?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I really hope that at some point down the line R* add a way to save/share videos of the game. It could be EPIC:D

Geezer said:
I really hope that at some point down the line R* add a way to save/share videos of the game. It could be EPIC:D

I'm actually surprised they didn't add this from the start. This series more than most others would benefit hugely from a feature like that.

I guess it's possible they'll add it later though since they apparently have a feature where you can take pictures and upload them.

zaidr

anyone know if there'll be dedicated servers for multiplayer? Having a whole city's worth of pedestrians and cops has got to be impossibly laggy through standard peer to peer multiplay ala XBL, right?

andthebeatgoeson

Captain Pants said:
I almost want to... I'll be able to spend 18 to 20 hours on it in the first day, but as nuts as I am about GTA, I'm sure there are people out there that are nuttier and that they would beat me to it if I tried. My plan now is to just put in the disc and see what happens. I don't have any set plans for whether I will play single player or multi first, or anything like that.
Dude, there are probably 5000 kids ready to give up their time to play 24 hours in a day by rotating thru. Just to get their name in lights. Would it suprise me if someone gets 100% with in 3-4 days? No. It won't change your game play experience. Just e-penis.

Xdrive05

WTF internet? The game has been in manufacturing and shipping for DAYS and no leak?

What would your mother think if she was still alive?

dejay

Banned
zaidr said:
anyone know if there'll be dedicated servers for multiplayer? Having a whole city's worth of pedestrians and cops has got to be impossibly laggy through standard peer to peer multiplay ala XBL, right?

Pretty sure it's P2P for both consoles.

Forsete

Eh, its pretty annoying how Rockstar does not want to release gameplay videos. Come on, I want to see the game already.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Damn, why didn't you guys tell me about Gamestop's 20% bonus trade-in value toward GTA IV? I just paid for my preorder in full with two trade-ins, that's $20 over Ebay value. Midnight launch secured.

Goreomedy said:
Damn, why didn't you guys tell me about Gamestop's 20% bonus trade-in value toward GTA IV? I just paid for my preorder in full with two trade-ins, that's $20 over Ebay value. Midnight launch secured.

What? Is there a coupon or something?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Grimm Fandango said:
Heh. I notice quite a few rare games like SMT: Nocturne, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Pikmin 2 (it's becoming increasingly rare). I weep for those foolish enough to bite at those prices.

Yeah, always check ebay first. And don't go by the website posted values, it can be more or less at your local store. I got $62 for Vegas 2 and Skate, so I'm pleased.

So how long until we actually get reviews? I'm not going to reserve until I know whether to get the PS3 or 360 version.

I can't stand it...I can't decide!!!!

Superblatt said:
So how long until we actually get reviews? I'm not going to reserve until I know whether to get the PS3 or 360 version.

We've already got 3 magazine reviews. Website reviews will depend on whenever Rockstar lifts the embargo. Most website reviews go up the week of the games release.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
skinnyrattler said:
Dude, there are probably 5000 kids ready to give up their time to play 24 hours in a day by rotating thru. Just to get their name in lights. Would it suprise me if someone gets 100% with in 3-4 days? No. It won't change your game play experience. Just e-penis.

For sure... If I was going to do it, it would have just been for the challenge, not for the e-peen.

Ariexv

zaidr said:
Neither system has dedicated servers.

calder

Put $20 on a LE today, I don't think there will be any midnight launches around here, which is a shame since I'd be totally ok with that. I'm not normally a LE kinda guy, but for GTA I will do damn near anything. :D

Oh while I was in line 2 other ppl got preorders for it, that was crazy considering I only saw maybe 5 ppl at the counter so almost half were there for GTA over a week before it's out. It may be a bold prediction, but guys I really think this game can be a hit, maybe even a smash hit!

zaidr

Ariexv said:
Neither system has dedicated servers.

Well, that explains not seeing any multiplayer screens with pedestrians yet. Haven't heard anything bad from the reviews or previews, but previews are always kind of rosy, and the reviews didn't cover multiplayer...so we'll see in EIGHT DAYS and 28 minutes! OMG! EIGHT DAYS LEFT!1!!

zaidr

calder said:
Put $20 on a LE today, I don't think there will be any midnight launches around here, which is a shame since I'd be totally ok with that. I'm not normally a LE kinda guy, but for GTA I will do damn near anything. :D

Oh while I was in line 2 other ppl got preorders for it, that was crazy considering I only saw maybe 5 ppl at the counter so almost half were there for GTA over a week before it's out. It may be a bold prediction, but guys I really think this game can be a hit, maybe even a smash hit!

DON'T JINX IT!

Master

Banned
got2bekidding said:
This would be a perfect example why. It's because their information is complete bullshit.

It is a rumor. So what? It still doesn't make sense to ban the site to me, but I don't make the rules.

*shrug*

MMaRsu

Master said:
It is a rumor. So what? It still doesn't make sense to ban the site to me, but I don't make the rules.

*shrug*

It's a rumor that has been proven false already by Dan Houser himself, so why post it at all? These sites don't do the proper research.

Twig

Banned
dejay said:
By that logic 90% of GAF should be banned (not a bad idea).
Including you, of course, because you didn't perform any research before posting the above statement. Where's the evidence to back up your numbers?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TheOneGuy said:
Including you, of course, because you didn't perform any research before posting the above statement. Where's the evidence to back up your numbers?
Oh so cle-var.

dejay

Banned
TheOneGuy said:

I don't just have evidence, I have something much better; anecdotal evidence. I like to mix in some biased opinions, half-truths and rumours too.

Master

Banned
Maybe I'm crazy, I just hate censoring of links like that. Makes me feel like we are in a government controlled media state. Regardless of how unreliable the site is as a source.

Oh well, at least the ******* aren't hard to decipher.

andthebeatgoeson

Master said:
Maybe I'm crazy, I just hate censoring of links like that. Makes me feel like we are in a government controlled media state. Regardless of how unreliable the site is as a source.

Oh well, at least the ******* aren't hard to decipher.
Leave now, before the mods find you. All happy smiles from us...cuz we're stuck. But you can leave while you still have a chance..

GOOOO!!!

Top Bottom