• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Himuro said:
I beat Snow Storm on my first try. It wasn't that bad.
Same here. After clearing the area out, I saw reinforcements arriving on the radar. So I hopped in a truck and drove a block to the edge of the wanted area. I never even had to leave Colony Island.

careksims said:
Is there any way to turn the radio off in a car? The only cars that had no radio were cop/ambulances cars and fire trucks. I was disappointed there was no flamethrower in this one. The fire in this game is awesome.

I do agree that Three Leaf Clover is one of the coolest missions I've ever played.
Hold LEFT on the D-Pad.

j-wood said:
I beat "The Snow Storm" and "Three Leaf Clover" on my first tries.

Three Leaf Clover is the best mission out of all the GTA's. :D
Me too. I didn't have much trouble on any of the missions until later in the game. Once you learn to use the cover correctly I was rarely in danger.

Tarin02543

seriously Snow Storm took me only one try, the only hard part was getting rid of the 4 star wanted level. I just took a SUV and floored it hard.

Did I take easy settings by mistake because I'm starting to wonder...

Stole a police boat in snow storm and got Three leaf clover on my third try.

They were hard, but they're doable.

The 'nades are my favorite weapons thus far.
They literally destroy my opposition everytime i use them. :lol :lol :lol

And Three leaf clover is the coolest mission I've done in GTA... EVER.

rhino4evr said:
1. I actually like that the radio stuff is more obscure then past titles. I haven't heard a majority of these songs, and most of them are great. I love that they didn't use the "singles" but album tracks. Jazz and Journey station are awesome.

2. The City is big enough, I really wouldn't want it any bigger. Im already taking cabs to avoid driving across town.

3. With Heli-coptors who needs planes? Where would you land them? The city is too tightly organized to allow a run way.

4. I don't care about Property, but an actual Garage where I could store multiple vehicles would have been very nice.

1. Thats fine and all, but a little more well known music would have helped. And not as much political talk. But this boils down to personal preference the most.

2. The exploration and the discovery made it fun to roam the countryside for me. Think of how much more there could be to discover with next-gen consoles. Besides you could still use taxis or even buses!

3. You just illustrated another reason I miss the countryside.

4. If there goal was to make GTA IV more realistic, then why not add the ability to buy property? Surely that is something anyone can do in real life if they have enough money.

Little Thing not that many people probably care about, but: I FOUND A GODDAMN COMET ON THE STREET! Woooo! Finally, I was afraid I'd never find another one for races.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
What is up with Francis?

I chose to kill Derrick over Francis. I was told that Francis would be able to clear my wanted level, but evey time I call him for that reason all I get is his voicemail.

rhino4evr

PLEASE PREVIEW YOUR SPOILERS BEFORE POSTING THANKS

PS - I never said Snow Storm was hard, it was definitely doable. I just hated the car that was given to you. Everytime I died it was because of something stupid happening. Had a rough time on the turns.

Of course, if there was a check point system then I wouldn't have to backtrack through the first part of the mission over and over. That was my only real complaint

Narcosis

ice cream said:
Whats better to kill
playboy x
or
dwayne
?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

kill
PlayboyX

If you kill
Dwayne you get nothing but a phone message from Playboy telling you he has no more business for you. basically it;s a "fuck off" statement

if you kill
PlayboyX, you get to acquire his penthouse as a safehouse, with 2 parking spots and Dwayne becomes one of your friends, with the benefit of being able to call him for backup (he'll send a crew of armed guys to assist you) if your relationship stat stays high

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
dagZ said:
So about that Zombie Character in Multiplayer. How do you get it, and can you get it on the 360?

I have it on the PS3 version, all i had to do was press L1. So maybe try the 360 controllers L1 alternative?

Safe Bet

Banned
PS

Just wanted to say, for me...

NEXT-GEN AM FINALLY HERE!!!

I'm pretty sure I have now played GTAIV more than all the other games in my 360 and PS3 collection combined.

Nice Work Rockstar

ascully said:
I got a infurnus in SP today, they are on the third island mostly near the autoerotica dealership.
You get an Infernus at a certain point in the story for free, but it's so banging hot, that I just keep it parked outside my safehouse :lol

edit: lol, did I really just respond to a post without refreshing the tab I'd had open from last night? :lol still, that car is damn hot. I'm still looking for a Super GT

Salmonax

Narcosis said:
kill
PlayboyX

If you kill
Dwayne you get nothing but a phone message from Playboy telling you he has no more business for you. basically it;s a "fuck off" statement

if you kill
PlayboyX, you get to acquire his penthouse as a safehouse, with 2 parking spots and Dwayne becomes one of your friends, with the benefit of being able to call him for backup (he'll send a crew of armed guys to assist you) if your relationship stat stays high
This really annoyed me. Why put a pseudo-branch in the plot when one of the options is a complete dead-end? I would have preferred for a more even trade-off so both decisions had ups and downs.

Steroyd

What's up with Dwayne? I didn't talk to him till I completed the game and he keeps saying leave a message, all I wanted to do was concentrate on finishing the storyline. :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Steroyd said:
What's up with Dwayne? I didn't talk to him till I completed the game and he keeps saying leave a message, all I wanted to do was concentrate on finishing the storyline. :(

Being good friends with Dwayne helps a lot.

neojubei said:
Being good friends with Dwayne helps a lot.
Is that perk really that good? I've had it available to me for the longest time, but I never use it. I always just imagine the useless homies from San Andreas and never bother.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Is that perk really that good? I've had it available to me for the longest time, but I never use it. I always just imagine the useless homies from San Andreas and never bother.

They are bullet sponges and thick as pig-shit. Quite cool to have Niko roll with a crew though.

Narcosis

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I always just imagine the useless homies from San Andreas and never bother.

They weren't totally useless; many times they served well as human shields that distracted enough enemies (especially in turf wars) to allow you to concentrate just on a few foes at a time.

Undeux

I just finished Snow Storm - how much of the game is left? I put in a marathon session on Saturday and now I'm worried that I don't have much left.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I find it ironic that a guy like Dwayne of all people has 'backup/friends' as a perk, he's always so desperate and lonely in the story

Darunia said:
I find it ironic that a guy like Dwayne of all people has 'backup/friends' as a perk, he's always so desperate and lonely in the story

:lol

I hated Dwayne. I never bothered to get his perk and always
regretted not killing him
. A problem that will be fixed on my next playthrough. :D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Stoney Mason said:
:lol

I hated Dwayne. I never bothered to get his perk and always regretted not killing him. A problem that will be fixed on my next playthrough. :D

You should hear him go on about his parents in the car when you're going somewhere.

'when my dad died, I wasn't happy... I wasn't sad... I felt NOTHING Niko.'

and on and on about what an asshole his father was, he's seriously depressing

that one''i was in the shower' phone call everyone seems to get is ace though

besada

Banned
I just killed
PlayboyX
. What a great fight. I chased him outside, into the middle of the street and blew him away. Love the new place.

Darunia said:
You should hear him go on about his parents in the car when you're going somewhere.

'when my dad died, I wasn't happy... I wasn't sad... I felt NOTHING Niko.'

and on and on about what an asshole his father was, he's seriously depressing

that one''i was in the shower' phone call everyone seems to get is ace though
:lol I got drunk with him once, and Niko pretty much flat out told him to stop complaining like a little girl. I haven't been out with him since, but maybe he stopped being a whiny baby after that.
levious said:
you never rolled around with a bus full of gang members?
???

Wait, wait. How many guys does he send??

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
BobFromPikeCreek said:

you never rolled around with a bus full of gang members?

ShinAmano

blindrocket said:
So from the spoilers being posted I guess I get to kill one of those two guys. Thanks. *roll eyes*
Point is if it is story related it is a spoiler...it may not be much and i really dont care much either, but out of respect for others how hard is it to wrap a spoiler?

snack said:
Me too. I didn't have much trouble on any of the missions until later in the game. Once you learn to use the cover correctly I was rarely in danger.

Have you tried Three Leaf Clover without using cover? With targeting turned off, and not using cover it is so epic. I did break down and used cover
in the subway though.
It took about five tries, but three out of the five I failed due to some random crap...
one time I came out of the subway, lost the three stars and then about five seconds later I unknowingly pulled into a police station to take a breather and my wanted went up to four stars. I almost made it free of the four stars, but my car caught on fire and Pakie got stuck getting out. Bye bye Pakie, hello failed mission.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BobFromPikeCreek said:
You mean the meat armor? They were pretty good at absorbing bullets.

Narcosis said:
if you kill

Also you get
claude's(GTA3) outfit to wear.

Undeux said:
I think he means in San Andreas, which was an awesome thing to do.
Oh. Yeah in SA, but only after I beat the game. I never used them for any missions. I don't know why you guys are calling them bullet sponges though. They die so easily and then the heat is back on you.

ShinAmano said:
Point is if it is story related it is a spoiler...it may not be much and i really dont care much either, but out of respect for others how hard is it to wrap a spoiler?
I'm complaining about it too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
PrivateWHudson said:
Have you tried Three Leaf Clover without using cover? With targeting turned off, and not using cover it is so epic. I did break down and used cover
in the subway though.
It took about five tries, but three out of the five I failed due to some random crap...
one time I came out of the subway, lost the three stars and then about five seconds later I unknowingly pulled into a police station to take a breather and my wanted went up to four stars. I almost made it free of the four stars, but my car caught on fire and Pakie got stuck getting out. Bye bye Pakie, hello failed mission.

Why the hell would you want to do that?? It's in the game for a reason dude, doesn't make you any more hardcore if you don't use it!

This is my second playthrough and I am at the part with Packie/Francis/UL. Paper on the map, I am trying to get 100%, which of the 2 people are only side mission stuff and not story.

Rapping Granny said:
This is my second playthrough and I am at the part with Packie/Francis/UL. Paper on the map, I am trying to get 100%, which of the 2 people are only side mission stuff and not story.
I'm pretty sure Packie and UL are story missions, but I'm not positive.

Top Bottom