• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

MercuryLS said:
Does anyone know what retailers are giving away the GTAIV license plate with pre-orders? I really want to get that.

Or even which retailers are giving away the GTAIV faceplate.
Amazon

OT: Did you play FFXI?

chubigans said:
Wait, I think if you lose the cops, you lose some stars. But are you saying we can't lose stars at ALL?

He's saying that going to P&S won't remove your wanted stars like it did before. If you get out of the wanted radius though it will.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I quite liked having on-foot music in Saint's Row so I'm a little disappointed if it's been taken out at this late stage. I doubt I'll miss it when I'm actually playing the game though.

Nitsuj23

I can't decide if I want it for PS3 or 360, right now I have it preordered for PS3, but I'm thinking about switching to 360. One reason I really don't want to is I have a launch 360 and the thing sounds like a plane taking off, so I assume it's going to die soon. The controller isn't really a deciding factor since after 30 minutes of playing I won't notice a different. So it comes down to extra DLC or console stability. I also have a couple of real life friends who may get it for the 360, so I may end up switching my preorder over. I wish I could make this decision =/

2196yyw.gif

"What happened to music? What happened to jumping off speakers and paralyzing yourself?"

Just saw/heard the preview now. I am really excited now haha. I don't see how ska is going to fit into this but I hope it does.

Teknoman

Himuro said:
I never thought of this scenario.

Man some team deathmatches are going to be insane now...one appointed sniper able to pop people in the driver's seat. Heh if people play the game with different teamwork strategies in mind...wow.

MercuryLS

Banned
MWS Natural said:
Amazon

OT: Did you play FFXI?

Haven't ever tried FFXI.

Is Amazon good when it comes to getting people new releases on the day of release? Or am I going to have to wait a few extra days for it to reach my place.

Geoff9920

MercuryLS said:
Haven't ever tried FFXI.

Is Amazon good when it comes to getting people new releases on the day of release? Or am I going to have to wait a few extra days for it to reach my place.
Amazon is notoriously bad about getting game releases out on time. Expect them to be several days behind on shipping.

SolidSnakex said:
He's saying that going to P&S won't remove your wanted stars like it did before. If you get out of the wanted radius though it will.

Awesome avatar.

And I think this is a much needed change, and it's what I'm most excited for as far as gameplay improvements go.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Geoff9920 said:
Amazon is notoriously bad about getting game releases out on time. Expect them to be several days behind on shipping.

Depends on the shipping. If you have Amazon prime you can have the 2 day shipping for free or 3.99 for one day shipping. I opted for the one day shipping, so if i do not see the game shipping on April 28th I know there will be a problem.

You know you get an exclusive license plate with the special edition.

Does anyone know if any stores are offering any exclusive item when you buy the game? I know Circuit City is giving away a $10 certificate to anyone that buys the special and regular editions of the game.

Geoff9920

neojubei said:
Depends on the shipping. If you have Amazon prime you can have the 2 day shipping for free or 3.99 for one day shipping. I opted for the one day shipping, so if i do not see the game shipping on April 28th I know there will be a problem.

You know you get an exclusive license plate with the special edition.

Does anyone know if any stores are offering any exclusive item when you buy the game? I know Circuit City is giving away a $10 certificate to anyone that buys the special and regular editions of the game.
For your sake I hope you're right, but even with the options you picked I imagine it won't ship any earlier than the 29th.

MercuryLS

Banned
Me: When did you decide to do the episodic content? How do you see it fitting into “GTA IV?”

DH: I think it’s an experiment. The idea of a world that’s you can drop bits into it, that’s interesting. But we’ll see how it goes. At the moment, there’s not much going on with it. We’re finishing off the last bits of this one and the only way we can really do this is by really focusing on it.

Hmm, new island confirmed?

DeadCell

MercuryLS said:
Forget that then, I'll be at Futuershop at 12:01am on Apr 29.
Is EVERY Futureshop doing the midnight launch? If so I guess I'll be going there tomorrow to put five bucks down on my copy.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
MercuryLS said:
From Futureshop.ca:

10090107.jpg

Still seems like a bad photoshop to me, who knows.

They changed it for PS3 also, and since they match Amazon...I think it's legit:

10090101.jpg

Well, PS3 easily wins the best cover battle. :D

chubigans said:
They changed it for PS3 also, and since they match Amazon...I think it's legit:

[/IMG]

Well, PS3 easily wins the best cover battle. :D
Actually, I saw pics with the original aspect ratio of the covers. They were about as long as say, A SECURITY DEPOSIT BOX make with that what you will.:D

MercuryLS said:
From Futureshop.ca:

10090107.jpg

Still seems like a bad photoshop to me, who knows.

Someone posted this on the GTAForums not too long ago and people didn't believe him. This is apparently the PS3's SE boxart.

dd2kj7.jpg

And a bigger version of the 360's.

2hxwthv.jpg

This game is going to be Epic. I havent felt this hyped since I went to a theater here in Chicago where they were previewing Gears of War 3 months before release.

Edit: Yea PS3 wins the cover battle hands down. How many want to wager somebody in mainstream media will have a problem with it.

MercuryLS

Banned
darkressurection said:
Yeah, those will probably be slipcovers for the metal box, I would bet the actual game box is the same as the Regular Edition.

That's what I'm betting on too, the dimensions on those pics are way too off from both the regular DVD cases and PS3 BR cases.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
SolidSnakex said:
Someone posted this on the GTAForums not too long ago and people didn't believe him. This is apparently the PS3's SE boxart.

dd2kj7.jpg

Damn good to see rockstar isn't just using the regular cover. nice, but I also like the regluar cover.

MercuryLS said:
That's what I'm betting on too, the dimensions on those pics are way too off from both the regular DVD cases and PS3 BR cases.

Hopefully. I still love the girl on the cover. :D

Acid08

Banned
apocalidiot said:
2196yyw.gif

"What happened to music? What happened to jumping off speakers and paralyzing yourself?"

Just saw/heard the preview now. I am really excited now haha. I don't see how ska is going to fit into this but I hope it does.
I'm hoping for Minor Threat and Black Flag all over this station.

Acid08

Banned
apocalidiot said:
More Minor Threat than Black Flag but yesss.
Yeah true. Minor Threat <3<3<3. R* has a good sense of music so hopefully it'll be real hardcore punk and not the shit that's posed today as punk.

Saiyu

I'm confused on the pay and spray - if I remember right I read that if you change car out of sight then the cops will lose you since they're looking for another car. Would the same not apply if you drive in a pay and spray since the colour will be changed?

You guys think I could pre-order at Futureshop tomorrow and still get it at midnight launch? I've had my Walmart pre-order for two months now, but I'm worried they aren't doing a midnight launch. If I call and find out they aren't I'm going to switch over.

Top Bottom