• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

HolyStar

Banned
Just beat the game, must say, pretty fun. Loved it, and I was genuenly sad when
kate died.
Anyway, wish the downloadable content came out. I heard that you can actually fly to Vice city in the expansion.

Vaxadrin

Banned
I just had some fun in Free Mode with a bunch of people and the swingset. Everyone was doing the usual mindless killing until they noticed what I was doing.

They were all "what the fuck are you doing" and I was all "just watch..."

A few minutes later we had 5 people all driving into a swingset at the same time.

Brannon

Sorry about the drop out robut and MMRausu(?). Lost power due to a blown transformer for a time :(. Back up now, but I'm not risking any of my good electronics for the rest of the night until Georgia Power gets things 100%.

This is being posted from an ancient jalopy, btw. It has a turbo button...

I'm pretty much done with the single-player portion of this game, there's just nothing left to do after you've beaten the main storyline. No, I don't want to go find every goddamn ramp and pigeon in Liberty City when there's no substantial reward for actually jumping off every ramp and killing every pigeon. I'm just gonna stick to online, but even that has been a horrible experience cause I can't play with my real-life friends, we keep getting a 'game session no longer exists' message whenever we try to invite each other.

Dez

The garage for Stevies cars or whatever - does it open only when you have the right car or something? When I go there with the PMP600, my first car theft, the garage seems closed.

stewacide

Dez said:
The garage for Stevies cars or whatever - does it open only when you have the right car or something? When I go there with the PMP600, my first car theft, the garage seems closed.

Make sure you're not on a mission: it won't open if you are.

dejay

Banned
Dez said:

Is it the correct PMP600? Not any PMP600 will do - it has to be the correct one. When you get in the car a message should pop up saying that is the correct car.

Havent posted yet..been too busy enjoying this game. About 75% done at 45 hours or so. Still enjoying it, and cant wait to see how the ending turns out. The story in this game really is great.

Why doesn't gervais appear at the comedy club? I've been there three times and it's always katt williams. Also, on the stevie mission, what do I do with the car after I find it? Nothing pops up on the map, it just says "you found the car stevie was looking for."

BobM

akachan ningen said:
Why doesn't gervais appear at the comedy club? I've been there three times and it's always katt williams. Also, on the stevie mission, what do I do with the car after I find it? Nothing pops up on the map, it just says "you found the car stevie was looking for."

i think it depends on what night you go on. you can look at the sign to see who is playing that night before you go in. i have seen both kat and ricky in the comedy club.

domlolz

Banned
Finished the game last night

I guess each ending is pretty much identical except for the characters being mixed around?
Really good game,looking back I think I should of listened to Roman about Dimitri and saved Kate instead-are you ever able to sleep with Kate anyway?Packie's phone call was pretty moving (if Kate gets killed).

Tell me GAF, am I fucked? I'm at 99,50% and I haven't the slightest idea what the last half % is. I hate this.

If it isn't those collect missions, I always seem to miss one even though I have maps for the locations or it is this kind of crap. I put in 85 hours playing this game and loved every inch about it, but not like this. damnit.

domlolz

Banned
StickyFingers said:
Tell me GAF, am I fucked? I'm at 99,50% and I haven't the slightest idea what the last half % is. I hate this.

If it isn't those collect missions, I always seem to miss one even though I have maps for the locations or it is this kind of crap. I put in 85 hours playing this game and loved every inch about it, but not like this. damnit.

Missed a stranger?They are worth 0.5%

http://gamewiki.net/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV/Completion_Guide

Eriatarka

Banned
akachan ningen said:
Also, on the stevie mission, what do I do with the car after I find it? Nothing pops up on the map, it just says "you found the car stevie was looking for."
Take them to the garage in Bohan.

I just received my dualshock 3 controller and damn, GTA IV has some pretty fucking weak rumble. There isn't even any feedback when you're driving a car. It's really terrible when you're used to such treats as PGR 2 where you could feel every bump in the road.

They really phoned this one in it seems.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Pic I took off my TV from the
Gerry mission with him in prison

nqtdn8.jpg

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Fallout-NL said:
I just received my dualshock 3 controller and damn, GTA IV has some pretty fucking weak rumble. There isn't even any feedback when you're driving a car. It's really terrible when you're used to such treats as PGR 2 where you could feel every bump in the road.

Yeah, apparently its the same on the 360 too. Worst rumble ever.

Darklord

Banned
isamu said:
HOLY SHIT!!!! He's not even from Europe??!! :lol

American accent came out of NOWHERE!!! How many of you that listened to the interview were shocked to hear Michael with an American accent?

Sometimes you could hear it when he was talking in the game. Not much but 2 or 3 times you could clearly hear an American accent.

navanman said:
Pic I took off my TV from the
Gerry mission with him in prison

:lol

I love that you spoiler tagged something that's blatantly obvious from the picture you're posting.

Anyway.

I am currently just as hooked (if not moreso) tooling around for pigeons and doing car collections and other sidemissions as I was by the story-mode. I absolutely love the sensation of just idly passing time in the city, doing whatever. I found this amazing fully functioning olympic sized pool in Dukes, along with an amazingly run down and intricate cemetary to the north of it. Also, cool moment, on one of the car collection missions it didn't even give me a section of the city to look in but I knew exactly where the closed down Burger Shot he was looking for was. Very fucking cool, man.

Word to the wise for the Stevie car collecting missions: you have to bring them to the Garage on the map in Bohan (a block away from your safehouse) but your best bet is to make a Waypoint for the Pay N Spray in wayyy North Algonquin, get the car in perfect shape there and then drive to the garage from there, as it's a much less calamitous trip and it's easier to maintain the car's pristine status and, thus, get the maximum scratch.

Tobor

My main storyline is HOSED. I skipped the Bernie missions, thinking I would come back to them. They disappeared, but I assumed maybe they weren't important, or I could do them later somehow. Now, i've finished every mission I can do, and there's just... nothing. I'm stuck on 84 missions completed and there aren't any icons for me to do.

I am a failure.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Finally started this game last night. HOLY CRAP. I'm only 3.5 hours in and I haven't done a single mission after the intro one off the boat. I've just been walking/driving around exploring. The detail of this world is unlike any I've ever seen. It's simply incredible. I love it!

Dartastic

Well, fuck this. I'm not going to try and beat it anymore to get the second ending. I'm in my boat chasing a helicopter, and I just keep blowing up randomly. I'm almost 100% sure I'm not being shot by rockets or anything; I think there might be some mines in the sea or something. Regardless, I've done this four times. I'm done. DONE.

womfalcs3

Banned
Fallout-NL said:

In the last generation GTA installments, there was rumble when you made a transition between sidewalks and roads. I've missed that in this game.

Thunder is pretty awesome though.

Top Bottom