• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

KGKK

Banned
Fucckkkk one week left. Damn the anticipation is killing me. 4 more exams to go during the week. Once I'm finally done them this friday, the 3 days I gotta wait for this game is going to be even worse. Please oh please let the street date be broken:D

newsguy

Guled said:
:( why are they removing so much. What about motorcycles?

Because they are striving for realism, it's the underlying theme with every decision they've made. No one wants to see a grown ass man on a fucking huffy in NYC. This guy is suppossed to be an ex military badass, not a manchild. And yes motorcycles are in and faster than ever (there's now 900cc bikes).

Teknoman

h3ro said:
Could you post a link to that image? Also to any other hi-res art files from GTA?

Here's my desktop...

axd99i.jpg

Nice folders.

Zep

Banned
Take2 have sent a street date agreement to online retailers to sign which means they cannot ship GTA IV until Monday next week (April 28), this also includes an embargo on staff getting copies either paid for or free.

No shipping till monday? Thats weird.

Teknoman

newsguy said:
Because they are striving for realism, it's the underlying theme with every decision they've made. No one wants to see a grown ass man on a fucking huffy in NYC. This guy is suppossed to be an ex military badass, not a manchild. And yes motorcycles are in and faster than ever (there's now 900cc bikes).

That made me laugh :lol

KGKK said:
Fucckkkk one week left. Damn the anticipation is killing me. 4 more exams to go during the week. Once I'm finally done them this friday, the 3 days I gotta wait for this game is going to be even worse. Please oh please let the street date be broken:D

Im good as far as waiting goes. Finshed 3 out of 10 pages for my research paper due Thursday...going to the movies this weekend+MGO+ catching up with people+ Online Smash bros, PSO, and finally beating Galaxy. Monday 11:59pm should come around pretty fast.

Salazar

Sylar said:
Also Salazarr no one cares about your joke that you just reposted. It wasn't funny on the first page and it still aint.

It wasn't any kind of joke. If you've seen the Wire scene, you'd understand why and how it tweaked a memory in the context of the radio discussion. Calm down, btw.

I've got the "Raining in Times Square" shot for my wallpaper. I would post but I'm on my mom's computer because I have to dogsit since she is visiting the actual NYC.:lol

Kordos

Agent Ironside said:

Party Mode - Invite up to 7 friends & play different online modes without ever losing them & having to send invite again.

Hello, this is motherfucking huge.

HUGE!

Loudninja

newsguy said:

Umm any age can ride a bike,I dont see how its unrealistic.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wow seven days away and I'll have to work 5 of those seven days, however on the 29th my mini-vacation starts and I can enjoy MGO and GTA IV.

newsguy

Loudninja said:
Umm any age can ride a bike,I dont see how its unrealistic.

Listen, I hope I didn't insult you if you ride a bike, but let's be real. How often do you see a 30 something male in a (probably expensive) 3 piece suit and aviator glasses riding a Scwhinn? In the words of the guy from the 40 Year Old Virgin, "Everyone rides a bike... when they're fuckin' 6."

newsguy said:
Listen, I hope I didn't insult you if you ride a bike, but let's be real. How often do you see a 30 something male in a (probably expensive) 3 piece suit and aviator glasses riding a Scwhinn? In the words of the guy from the 40 Year Old Virgin, "Everyone rides a bike... when they're fuckin' 6."

I take it you live in some suburban fuckwit town, lots of grown men bike to work in large cities. I for one, hate driving in the city if it can be avoided. But yes, normally you won't be wearing your suit for your bike ride I'll give you that.

kiUNiT

I was just looking around GTA4 site and seen a pick of the booth tunnel that made me think about an I am Legend zombie mod. Will there be such mods once the PC version comes out, I never played any GTA on PC yet.

newsguy

ScrabbleBanshee said:
I take it you live in some suburban fuckwit town, lots of grown men bike to work in large cities.

Miami, FL ... suburban fuckwit capital of this great nation. And to be fair, the mental image I have is of a businessman on a BMX.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I have a sinking feeling that this game is going to feel downright featureless, in terms of vehicles, when compared to San Andreas.

neojubei

Chiggs said:
I have a sinking feeling that this game is going to feel downright featureless, in terms of vehicles, when compared to San Andreas.

After driving a tank and harrier jet in San Andreas I can agree with you.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Chiggs said:

Each vehicle seems to sound completly different feeling, so it might not be that bad. But yeah, bikes, planes, aircrafts, jetpacks...I'll miss them. :(

newsguy

Chiggs said:

Do you mean in terms of variety of makes and models or actually upgrading, painting, aftermarket stuff?

Chiggs

Gold Member
neojubei said:
After driving a tank and harrier jet in San Andreas I can agree with you.

I'm definitely going to miss the over-the-top nature of San Andreas, and I doubt I'm alone on this one...which makes me think there could be something of a backlash in the weeks following the game's release.

Chiggs

Gold Member
newsguy said:
Do you mean in terms of variety of makes and models or actually upgrading, painting, aftermarket stuff?

Vehicle variety. Jetpacks, jumbo jets, attack helicopters, eighteen wheelers, etc, etc. San Andreas had it all. That and MGS3 are the pinnacle of gaming in my eyes.

iceatcs

I won't say downright featureless in overall because missing vehicles since we will get nice numbers multiplayer gameplay modes to taken over the missing part.

Chiggs said:

I think they're trying to make up for the lack of variety compared to SA with greatly improved physics for the vehicles that are there.

neojubei

Chiggs said:
I'm definitely going to miss the over-the-top nature of San Andreas, and I doubt I'm alone on this one...which makes me think there could be something of a backlash in the weeks following the game's release.

You know there is always the possibility of vehicle DLC in the future.

SolidSnakex said:
I think they're trying to make up for the lack of variety compared to SA with greatly improved physics for the vehicles that are there.

True, I think Rockstar said some cars will run better than others and some faster or slower depending on the type of car.

newsguy

Chiggs said:
Vehicle variety. Jetpacks, jumbo jets, attack helicopters, eighteen wheelers, etc, etc. San Andreas had it all. That and MGS3 are the pinnacle of gaming in my eyes.

Well if it's any consolation the bolded ones are in GTAIV for sure.

neojubei

I hope we can still hijack trains and buses.

On a side note, I cannot wait for the 29th, my friend and I plan to create an online room just for us and tour all over Liberty city and maybe cause some mayhem along the way.:D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Teknoman said:
Eh the jetpack wasnt all that great to me. As long as I get cool looking cars, decent cycles, and a helicopter, i'm good.

I was never a big fan of it either, but imagine 16 players online with jetpacks fighting in the sky, and then it makes me realize what could have been. :p

Chiggs said:
lol pre-release hype backlash

Top Bottom