• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Onemic

bigmakstudios said:
What's going on? Was the release date pushed up or something? Why is everyone saying they're getting the game early next week?

.....because it's coming out on the 29th, tuesday.

BobTheFork said:
'When I drove over the cop car in the hummer and shot him out of the window, the car seemed to bouncy when it landed" :p
You and chubigans are getting the PS3 version right? If you do, add PSN monkyofdoom. Don't know if I have you guys on there yet.:D

Loudninja

chubigans said:
It's horrible, yeah. What the hell is wrong with some people. :\

I see: "Whoa, he just did a 360 in that SUV, shotgun'd some cops and took off in the police Hummer!"

They see: "7:32, trashcan lid pop-in."

So damn true :lol

Edit: How are we going to get a feel of the vehicles by watching vids?I see why Rokstar did not want to release gameplay videos because people will complain will before they even try it.

Also people have to take in account these things about driving:

1.The person who is playing it.
2.The type of car that person in driving.

Ten-Song

chubigans said:
It's horrible, yeah. What the hell is wrong with some people. :\

I see: "Whoa, he just did a 360 in that SUV, shotgun'd some cops and took off in the police Hummer!"

They see: "7:32, trashcan lid pop-in."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wollan

The animations in this game are beautiful.

It's a pleasure seeing Niko walking around, fighting folks. Shooting looks spot on, delicious shotgun smoke. How Niko did a pistol blindfire around a corner, so awesome (head further back, just wrist around the wall edge).

Loudninja

Wollan said:
The animations in this game are beautiful.

It's a pleasure seeing Niko walking around, fighting folks. Shooting looks spot on, delicious shotgun smoke. How Niko did a pistol blindfire around a corner, so awesome (head further back, just wrist around the wall edge).

Hey which video was blind fire in?So many videos, I cannot keep up.

I think this sums it up nicely, again : )
gtalol.png

darkressurection said:
You and chubigans are getting the PS3 version right? If you do, add PSN monkyofdoom. Don't know if I have you guys on there yet.:D
yep, ps3 version. Im going to try and make some list room. I'll send you an invite.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Jesus GAF, I was totally ambivalent about this game until this silly thread and the recent vids. Now my hype has reached unbearably critical levels. Thanks jerks!

Argh. There is no way I can pick this up at midnight Tuesday. I can't just take off work. It's going to be bad enough that I'm going to be thinking about the game the entire miserable day. I wouldn't make it if I was exhausted as well. So 4 more workdays for me and I'll finally get a chance to play.

calder

Yeah, sorry Warhawk peeps, I gotta trim some ppl from my PSN list (why oh why is the limit 50 sony). Anyone looking for GTA online action once I'm 12ish hours into the main story I'll probably want to try some out, PSN: caldermuyo

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I wonder if you can do Drunk gameplay and online play at the same time. Drunken Deathmatch FTW.

HOLD STILL AND LET ME 2ND DEGREE MURDER YOU.

iceatcs

I really can't wait multiplayer games - so many!

I will challenge myself to use voice online chat if I can because I can't use the standard headset on my hearing aids. Also I wasn't good listen the words.

But I've found and bought - Geemarc CL Bluehook Bluetooth headset - special designed for hearing aids users. (PM me if you are deaf around and what to know how's good)

If you want to challenge with online chat with a deaf guy. Add me PSN: iceatcs :D

painey

the problem is a "chubby" is slang for a semi erect penis so when I see chubigans name on GAF i immediately think of a knob

darkressurection said:
About 40, mostly GAF people. 10 more and I am topped out.
wow thast a ton of space IMO. My list filled up with friends and GAFFers at launch just form Resistance. Every time a new game comes out, I have to try and see if there is anyone who doesn't play at all, or at least not ever with me. I managed to clear 1 spot for DR there, but man, every single person on my list now is someone I play with at least once a week. Not much I can do now :/ I how there is an in-game friends list too.

Edit: Chubs and DR I sent both of you invites. See you in 5 days

BobTheFork said:
wow thast a ton of space IMO. My list filled up with friends and GAFFers at launch just form Resistance. Every time a new game comes out, I have to try and see if there is anyone who doesn't play at all, or at least not ever with me. I managed to clear 1 spot for DR there, but man, every single person on my list now is someone I play with at least once a week. Not much I can do now :/ I how there is an in-game friends list too.
I mean, really how hard is it to up the friend list amount. :\

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
darkressurection said:
I mean, really how hard is it to up the friend list amount. :\

50 sucks. It seems really big at first until you start getting into multiple games. I added friends for Resistance, PES, and Stardust, but then when HSG came out I had to get rid of most of my PES friends to make room for a bunch of HSG people (in HSG it is particularly important to have people on list b/c then you can see them in lobby and sort by friends in chat, invite in-game, etc.). Sadly this pretty much sealed it that I would never play PES again but what're you gonna do?

AstroLad said:
50 sucks. It seems really big at first until you start getting into multiple games. I added friends for Resistance, PES, and Stardust, but then when HSG came out I had to get rid of most of my PES friends to make room for a bunch of HSG people (in HSG it is particularly important to have people on list b/c then you can see them in lobby and sort by friends in chat, invite in-game, etc.). Sadly this pretty much sealed it that I would never play PES again but what're you gonna do?
My amount of people has shot skyrocket because of the MGO beta and GTA 4, I am fucked when Resistance 2 comes out.

Relix said:
I mean, I am not into this gansgter shit and stuff.... =/

I don't think you really have to be, a big part of GTA's appeal is that they drop you into a giant world and let you do whatever you want to do. If you want to just play around you can, if you want to go and some missions you can and if you want to jump into a multiplayer match now you can do that too.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
fuuuck yeah go team and boston are in the soundtrack

I wonder what Stooges song is in

I'm hoping for No Fun but it'll probably be I wanna be your dog

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
I'm seriously lacking GAF friends on my PSN friends list :( , before GTAIV comes out, could some of you add me to your friends list please?

PSN ID : dogmaan

thanks

Barrett2

dogmaan said:
I'm seriously lacking GAF friends on my PSN friends list :( , before GTAIV comes out, could some of you add me to your friends list please?

thanks

I will add you. I also need some PSN friends who plan on playing GTA4. Many of my PSN friends seem like they never actually turn on their PS3.

Please add me as well, peoples..

PSN ID: lawblob

Alex

dogmaan said:

thanks

I haven't added too many people yet, just some left overs from Warhawk which I sadly didnt have much time to play when I purchased it.

I was planning to wait until release, but I'll add you. Mine is BlueRemedy.

Top Bottom