• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Gosh darn I love being in New Zealand - we get the game on the 29th which is actually the 28th for you mere Americans. So I'll get the online mode all warmed up for yall for when you finally get the game a day later!

Freestyler said:
Gosh darn I love being in New Zealand - we get the game on the 29th which is actually the 28th for you mere Americans. So I'll get the online mode all warmed up for yall for when you finally get the game a day later!
that's one benefit out of how many millions?

Mr. Spinnington said:
that's one benefit out of how many millions?

Meh, sure we have an amazing country but all I care about right now is GTA4. I haven't been that impressed with my PS3 so far (aside from Uncharted which took all of 5 minutes to finish) so I'm just gagging for a true must-have title. And I never gag…

dankir

Fucking eh man, Rockstar is on this shit quick

9:44rockstargames:Sorry, guys I'm having to end the live feed due to a breach in the TOS. Get the game 4/29/08 like everyone else

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

My Copy .... may not be delivered today :(

Oh I bet Rockstar are sitting F5ing this thread in anger.... :lol

dankir said:
Fucking eh man, Rockstar is on this shit quick

9:44rockstargames:Sorry, guys I'm having to end the live feed due to a breach in the TOS. Get the game 4/29/08 like everyone else

What the fuck dude, it's your game you can do what you like no?

Teknoman

GoncaloCCastro said:
MGO Beta and GTAIV, next week is going to be awesome!

Seconded.

kamorra said:
umm... I dont want to separate. But I'm from Europe and the North America part of the title suggest that it's not for me.

It should be for you too. People are posting in there outside of NA. Besides, online play is going to be region free right?

oh fuck. I heard my 360 making popping noises today on multiple occasions. It was noticeably hotter outside and inside my house today than it's ever been while I've owned my 360, so I imagine that it does indeed have something to do with the 360 getting hot. I do have a falcon, but is that sort of noise something to worry about? If it is, is it too late for me to do something to prevent any further damage?

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Second 360 AM DEAD! Fallen hero! A clone mass produced and born to fail.

Fuck this, I'm going to switch my preorder to PS3. :/ I really hope that extra content eventually comes out.

DoctorWho said:
NOOOOOOO!!!!

Fuck this, I'm going to switch my preorder to PS3. :/ I really hope that extra content eventually comes out.

I think it's definitely going to come out. It's been advertised.

SolidSnakex said:
ve7plv.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167534&p=37

This may be the one screenshot that's done more than anything to make me salivate over this game. As a New Yorker, the perfect-in-every-detail recreation of Lincoln Center as a backdrop here totally gives me wood. This looks like it's going to be the first game in history to really "get" New York City, and that's gonna be a marvel to behold.

andrewjnyc said:
This may be the one screenshot that's done more than anything to make me salivate over this game. As a New Yorker, the perfect-in-every-detail recreation of Lincoln Center as a backdrop here totally gives me wood. This looks like it's going to be the first game in history to really "get" New York City, and that's gonna be a marvel to behold.

Beat me to the punch. That's absolutely fucking amazing.

DoctorWho said:
It has? I haven't been following this thread closely. I thought it was 360 exclusive...

Oh, wait, what? You asked if it was coming out, period. I'm not going into anything else on that score in this thread.

calder

DoctorWho said:
NOOOOOOO!!!!

That sucks. :( My first 360 kacked out a few weeks before Halo 3 launched, and 2 days ago my brother's PS3 died (well, the BD drive died). Luckily he's still well under store warranty (and it's an 80gig) so he'll be able to get it replaced on the weekend. Lucky you have a good backup plan at least.:lol

Eric WK said:
Ben's drunk.

Man, shut up and listen to some Zooey Deschanel records, you Vice reading, Dave Eggers glorifying, albums not featuring theramins ignoring razza frazzin...

*slumps to the floor, unconscious*

Just kidding! I'm not drunk, I'm lit up on Iced Coffee.

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
Man, shut up and listen to some Zooey Deschanel records, you Vice reading, Dave Eggers glorifying, albums not featuring theramins ignoring razza frazzin...

:lol

I don't know who's funnier, you or this guy in the chat for the live stream:

tlhbr_bestonps3:GTA IV is CONFIRMED best on PS3

BenjaminBirdie said:

WTF? Zooey Deschanel sings?

WTF IS UP WITH THIS THREAD!

I'm so emotional right now... :/

Don't be mad, Eric. I was just kidding. I know you'd never read Vice Magazine.

Let's all watch Niko Bellic ride a dirt bike through Brooklyn and HOLY SHIT HE JUST BLEW THAT GUY'S FACE OFF WITH A POINT BLANK SHOTGUN.

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
Don't be mad, Eric. I was just kidding. I know you'd never read Vice Magazine.

Let's all watch Niko Bellic ride a dirt bike through Brooklyn and HOLY SHIT HE JUST BLEW THAT GUY'S FACE OFF WITH A POINT BLANK SHOTGUN.

Nevah. And I don't even know what Vice Magazine is. :lol

oh fuck. I heard my 360 making popping noises today on multiple occasions. It was noticeably hotter outside and inside my house today than it's ever been while I've owned my 360, so I imagine that it does indeed have something to do with the 360 getting hot. I do have a falcon, but is that sort of noise something to worry about? If it is, is it too late for me to do something to prevent any further damage?

:(
pls halp

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Hunter D said:
I've been watching vids of this and I want it now, now, now!!!
Yeah, I just told the store I ordered from to ship it expidited. But I didn't want to watch the videos for this one. I don't want my re-introduction to Liberty City to be in the form of a grainy youtube clip. Next week I'm going to sit down at my HDTV, crank up my 5.1 stereo system, and just let the time go by.

The_Dude

Argh! I ordered mine online, and my copy came in yesterday but wasn't sent. It still hasn't been sent today, but even if it was I wouldn't get it tomorrow because of a public holiday, so I'll have to wait until Monday. So frustrating :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
That drunk video was really nice, outside of the camera hanging on a fishing pole. Seriously, these people have a fucking desk or table? The tv is a fixed position, why is the camera swaying back and forth? Are you on a plummeting airplane? in the middle of a concert? Do you have a degenerative disease that contains itself to your hands exclusively? what is it man?! just hold it steady!

Top Bottom