• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

I hate the whole cape thing in Frozen Teardrop, it's fucking stupid. MS were supposed to have disappeared forever (cf. Endless Waltz narrator) but they're back, yes we know, christ.

People really need to drop the whole "MS were gone forever" thing. Turn A made this non canon over 10 years ago anyway. Also Frozen Teardrop wasn't the first in Wing Universe to have an MS be built after EW (that was Preventer 5.)

I will agree on the the Cloak's being way over the top and having all the Gundams have them is stupid, I don't care if they actually have a use.

Lastly I will agree with the fact that Frozen Teardop isn't very good, however I think that for much different reasons then most. It has zero pacing, and everytime it starts to pick up during the Mars Era, Sumizawa grinds it to a halt by forcing shitty back story for characters no body cares about.

So Wing is getting yet another continuation of some kind? GodGundamnit.

G Gundam Fans have no right to complain about Wing extensions when G Gundam has recieved a very similar reboot (G series being retold with minor story changes as well as a prequel starring Asia.) so this comment really doesn't make any sense.

The only difference is Wing actually started extremely well with the first couple Volumes actually out selling several of the Unicorn Volumes. Sadly this didn't keep up because as mentioned Frozen Teardrop hasn't been received very well outside of the starting volumes because of the writer.

Thankfully though Bandai has seen that there is demand for Wing with how well the figures, models and first few volumes have sold.

But, but I want this in my life though : (

Anyway Bandai announced a Blu ray set for Gundam Wing TV show link

I'm paying damn good money for it when it comes stateside.
I wouldn't hold my breath for a stateside release. With Bandai Ent dropping all their DVD's it's very unlikely that Wing Blu Ray's will get liscened.

Remember that SEED actually did very well in North America and we've had zero hint of anyone getting the rights to bring over those Blu Rays. Not only that but despite Wing being the best performing Gundam in NA, we haven't heard of anyone trying to get the Glory of The Losers (which shits all over Gundam Wing) or Frozen Teardrop (terrible with great designs and some good action) despite a company taking the risk on Gundam The Origin.

Ezalc

G Gundam Fans have no right to complain about Wing extensions when G Gundam has recieved a very similar reboot (G series being retold with minor story changes as well as a prequel starring Asia.) so this comment really doesn't make any sense.

The only difference is Wing actually started extremely well with the first couple Volumes actually out selling several of the Unicorn Volumes. Sadly this didn't keep up because as mentioned Frozen Teardrop hasn't been received very well outside of the starting volumes because of the writer.

Thankfully though Bandai has seen that there is demand for Wing with how well the figures, models and first few volumes have sold.

Didn't know about this reboot, I did know about the prequel but I thought that was really old and that it was over already?

Beth Cyra

Didn't know about this reboot, I did know about the prequel but I thought that was really old and that it was over already?

The Prequel may well be over by now. I can't remember, I honestly don't keep up on G much as I'm not a fan.

I do know the Manga Retelling is still going, and I believe it even started before Glory of The Losers. I don't know if it's being translated or not, I would imagine so. Even if not though, you can find out a good deal about it with a few quick searches. I don't believe it's had any major changes along the lines of Glory spoilers
Trowa joining OZ during the original story line
but I know there have been several little changes to refine the G Storyline.

Speaking of G though, Bandai can I finally get a god damn Spiegel Gundam in the HGUC line? You put out two damn Nobell's so even if it doesn't sell super well you can surely give me this damn it.

CorvoSol

You like the EW redesigns, right? For the most part I prefer them over the originals, but not the Wing Zero. That it has actual feathers is just too much, even before taking into consideration the fact that they're constantly molting.

Haha, fair enough, but there's something awesome 'bout them angel wings on a Gundam. The first time I saw Endless Waltz was when I knew I was really in love with giant robots, although stuff like Power Rangers probably was my first encounter.

The only problem I have with the EW redesigns is the loss of color diversity. While we get a green Gundam, we also gain two blue ones at the cost of a red one. The Heavy Arms Custom has that cool mask and stuff, but I just think that Sandrock should've been some color other than blue. Especially since sandstone is not blue.

My favorite Gundam is still either Spiegel or Maxter from G. They just look so awesome.

G's designs are actually not my favorite. I like the Burning, and the Dragon and the Spiegel and the Master, but that's about it. Master Gundam actually sort of reminds me of like, a prequel sort of Epyon.

Is it bad that I enjoy the "tackier" Gundam designs? Mainly Epyon, Master Gundam, Wing Zero from EW (I know, I know).

Nu Gundam really is top tier though. I'm also not a big fan of the Unicorn's design either.

I dunno, sometimes I have just kind of odd taste in Gundams. The Dynamis from 00 is another favorite of mine. The way the crest pops down for sniping and all. Not a fan of anything AGE ever did, tho, and the more I think about Destiny, the less I can come up with a mech from that show I liked. I guess the Strike Freedom and Saviour were okay. The gold on the SF was kinda odd, but the blue energy wings were spiffy. Akatsuki was neat, and I liked the Virtue/Nadleh Gundam from 00, too. Tubby Gundam.

Zeta is the undisputed champ of UC for me, though. Even without funnels. I was so happy when Best Girl Roux Louka got to pilot it, too.

The best non-Gundam MSes in the series for me are definitely the Tallgeese III, the Gouf, the Virgos, and I appreciate the white suits used by Woolf Eneacle in Gundam AGE, both because they're an homage to the Tallgeese (which was prolly a reference to the Hyaku Shiki) and because Woolf is the best character in Gundam AGE.

Beth Cyra

I dunno, sometimes I have just kind of odd taste in Gundams. The Dynamis from 00 is another favorite of mine. The way the crest pops down for sniping and all. Not a fan of anything AGE ever did, tho, and the more I think about Destiny, the less I can come up with a mech from that show I liked. I guess the Strike Freedom and Saviour were okay. The gold on the SF was kinda odd, but the blue energy wings were spiffy. Akatsuki was neat, and I liked the Virtue/Nadleh Gundam from 00, too. Tubby Gundam.

Zeta is the undisputed champ of UC for me, though. Even without funnels. I was so happy when Best Girl Roux Louka got to pilot it, too.

The best non-Gundam MSes in the series for me are definitely the Tallgeese III, the Gouf, the Virgos, and I appreciate the white suits used by Woolf Eneacle in Gundam AGE, both because they're an homage to the Tallgeese (which was prolly a reference to the Hyaku Shiki) and because Woolf is the best character in Gundam AGE.
I agree with Virgo 1 and 2 being amazing non Gundams, though my two favorite are Tallgeese II (the color and the new head design along with the red tears was great) and G Bouncer from Gundam AGE.

As far as Gundams go, my favorites are probably Wing Gundam EW (Zero is great, but that is only for posing, as far as a weapon goes, I think Wing looks better) Nu, ZZ, and Unicorn.

ZZ and Nu are so great because they just look like monsters. Also, I'm weird in that I think Hi-Nu looks fucking ugly compared to Nu, and Heavy Weapons Nu is even worse. The Asymmetry of the Fin Funnels is exactly why Nu looks so fucking awesome, and when ever I see the Double Fin, it actually angers me haha.

Never cared for CE or AD Gundams. Though I do have a soft spot for the Seven Sword G for some reason.

Ezalc

I don't like the overly spiky gundams or some others that to me are just trying too hard like Deathscythe. Gundam Dynames and Cherudim from 00 are pretty cool. I like Unicorn when it's in Gundam mode and not that unactivated mode it's usually in, since I find it's horn dumb looking. I like the Sazabi though looks pretty awesome.

The Crossbone Gundams are all pretty awesome, and F91 is pretty cool looking but I just wish it had some more unique weapons. Also enjoy the simplicity of the OG Gundam and Char's Zaku.

I really hate Wing Gundam though, the whole angel wing thing just looks fucking awful. I'm not a fan of Age's huge hole in the chest, though that one ninja-ish form is alright.

Also I like ∀ Gundam if only becaue it looks funny with the mustache.

Beth Cyra

I don't like the overly spiky gundams or some others that to me are just trying too hard like Deathscythe. Gundam Dynames and Cherudim from 00 are pretty cool. I like Unicorn when it's in Gundam mode and not that unactivated mode it's usually in, since I find it's horn dumb looking. I like the Sazabi though looks pretty awesome.

The Crossbone Gundams are all pretty awesome, and F91 is pretty cool looking but I just wish it had some more unique weapons. Also enjoy the simplicity of the OG Gundam and Char's Zaku.

I really hate Wing Gundam though, the whole angel wing thing just looks fucking awful. I'm not a fan of Age's huge hole in the chest, though that one ninja-ish form is alright.

Also I like ∀ Gundam if only becaue it looks funny with the mustache.
Wing Gundam doesn't have Angel Wings.

Honestly I can't stanad the original Gundam, it's feet are ugly and overall it's just so boring. That said, it shits all over Strike Gundam which tried way to hard to take it and make RX-78-2 for a new age.

I actually like Crossbone X1, but every other Crossbone (X2, X3, X1 Full Cloth, Ghost) all suffer from the same reason you don't like the Deathscythe.

Ezalc

Wing Gundam doesn't have Angel Wings.

Honestly I can't stanad the original Gundam, it's feet are ugly and overall it's just so boring. That said, it shits all over Strike Gundam which tried way to hard to take it and make RX-78-2 for a new age.

I actually like Crossbone X1, but every other Crossbone (X2, X3, X1 Full Cloth, Ghost) all suffer from the same reason you don't like the Deathscythe.

There is a gundam in Wing, that has things that look like angel wings. I don't know the name of it, but it looks awful.

Beth Cyra

There is a gundam in Wing, that has things that look like angel wings. I don't know the name of it, but it looks awful.

It's from Gundam Wing Endless Waltz.

Given the way you say that, I really got to wonder how much you've really experienced Wing for the way you like to bitch about it and act as if G gets short changed.

During Wing TV Proper there is not a single Gundam that has Angel Wings in any way.

Wing Gundam (the title Gundam) and the one you named doesn't have Angel Wings
Wing Gundam Zero (TV Version) again doesn't have Angel Wing's, in fact it doesn't have Wing's unless it back pods open up, and even then calling them "Wings" is stretching at best.
Wing Gundam EW (Early Type/Wing's Sister) Again doesn't have Angel Wings, but large Mechanical Wings, but are nothing like White Angel Wings.
Wing Gundam Zero Endless Waltz was the very first Gundam to have Angel Wings. Since then Gundam Snow White, and Tallgeese Heaven have been given them, but that is it.

Ezalc

It's from Gundam Wing Endless Waltz.

Given the way you say that, I really got to wonder how much you've really experienced Wing for the way you like to bitch about it and act as if G gets short changed.

During Wing TV Proper there is not a single Gundam that has Angel Wings in any way.

Wing Gundam (the title Gundam) and the one you named doesn't have Angel Wings
Wing Gundam Zero (TV Version) again doesn't have Angel Wing's, in fact it doesn't have Wing's unless it back pods open up, and even then calling them "Wings" is stretching at best.
Wing Gundam EW (Early Type/Wing's Sister) Again doesn't have Angel Wings, but large Mechanical Wings, but are nothing like White Angel Wings.
Wing Gundam Zero Endless Waltz was the very first Gundam to have Angel Wings. Since then Gundam Snow White, and Tallgeese Heaven have been given them, but that is it.

I didn't experience much of it, I think I got to episode 15 by the time I quit because I hated most of the cast. I just bitch because it just seems like Wing gets a lot of stuff and I don't hear much about G. Wing is getting another sequel, it has like a series and a movie? (Frozen Teardrop is a movie right?) whereas G only has the one series, it's getting all these new action figures from Robot Spirits or Damashii. I know G had like Master and Burning made or something but the rest of the SA didn't get squat, only those really old action figures that I bought when I was really young. Also I just bitch because G is usually universally hated for being super robot instead of more realistic robot. I know it doesn't seem to be the case in this forum, but I've seen more people bitch about how bad it is than it isn't. I just get defensive about it, too defensive unfortunately.

I always thought the angel wings looking one was basically the titular Wing Gundam in the sense that he starts out with that one that has these things on his back similar to F91 that are "wings" and then later upgrades to the other angel wing looking one kind of like how in G it goes from Shining to Burning Gundam.

Beth Cyra

I didn't experience much of it, I think I got to episode 15 by the time I quit because I hated most of the cast. I just bitch because it just seems like Wing gets a lot of stuff and I don't hear much about G. Wing is getting another sequel, it has like a series and a movie? (Frozen Teardrop is a movie right?) whereas G only has the one series, it's getting all these new action figures from Robot Spirits or Damashii. I know G had like Master and Burning made or something but the rest of the SA didn't get squat, only those really old action figures that I bought when I was really young. Also I just bitch because G is usually universally hated for being super robot instead of more realistic robot. I know it doesn't seem to be the case in this forum, but I've seen more people bitch about how bad it is than it isn't. I just get defensive about it, too defensive unfortunately.

I always thought the angel wings looking one was basically the titular Wing Gundam in the sense that he starts out with that one that has these things on his back similar to F91 that are "wings" and then later upgrades to the other angel wing looking one kind of like how in G it goes from Shining to Burning Gundam.
Still it seems weird because again the way you talk about it really seems that you didn't watch the first 15 episodes so much as let them play and you had already decided you hated it before it even started.

As for the mid season switch.

Wing -> Wing Gundam Zero (neither of which have Angel Wings.) is actually far bigger a change then Shinning to God.

Now Wing Gundam EW -> Wing Gundam Zero EW is a different story. Wing Gundam Zero EW is actually just a recolor of the Wing Gundam EW that drops the transformation and slightly changes the weapons. However it's unlikely this could be the one your thinking of becuase Wing Gundam EW has never been animated, the closest it has come would be about a 3 second Clip of CG at the start of SD Gundam G Generation latest installment with Heero and Wing EW facing off against Kira's Strike Freedom.

Lastly you need to let go of of the whole G vs Wing thing. Wing did better then G, but G gets as much love as Wing does.

During the early years of Master Grades G was able to get 5 different series Models in Shinning, God, Rising, Master, and Speigel, and has pretty much equal rep in all the toy line series (minus RD's, but these really are wave based. The last year has been heavily UC, Wing, OO, and SEED, but that these will be done and and other series will replace them.

Also lets not forget that both G Gundam and Gundam X were the first and last two AU's to get inserted into the HGUC line of models, something Wing and SEED still haven't had.

When it comes to product extensions G has had pretty much equal to that of Wing. Frozen Teardrop is NOT a movie or OVA. It is a light novel and nothing more. Glorly of the Losers is a Manga and nothing more.

Now if you were to be a fan of Victory Gundam or Gundam X then you would have something to be upset about and want to defend. These two franchises get left behind all the time and less love then even shit like AGE and Destiny.

Ezalc

Still it seems weird because again the way you talk about it really seems that you didn't watch the first 15 episodes so much as let them play and you had already decided you hated it before it even started.

As for the mid season switch.

Wing -> Wing Gundam Zero (neither of which have Angel Wings.) is actually far bigger a change then Shinning to God.

Now Wing Gundam EW -> Wing Gundam Zero EW is a different story. Wing Gundam Zero EW is actually just a recolor of the Wing Gundam EW that drops the transformation and slightly changes the weapons. However it's unlikely this could be the one your thinking of becuase Wing Gundam EW has never been animated, the closest it has come would be about a 3 second Clip of CG at the start of SD Gundam G Generation latest installment with Heero and Wing EW facing off against Kira's Strike Freedom.

I did a little searching and I think the one I don't like is called Wing Gundam Zero Custom EW or something like that. It apparently appears in Endless Waltz? Here's a picture.

300px-Wing_Gundam_Zero_CustomW0.jpg

Also, I guess the gunpla kits are something that I constantly forget since I never had an interest in those, despite being a huge part of the Gundam series. I tend to ignore that due to my disinterest so I guess that contributes to my limited knowledge of new G things or representation or whatever. Anyways, I don't want to have this discussion with you again since it always comes up and I really need to calm down about it.

Also question since you mentioned it in passing. Victory Gundam is chronologically the latest gundam in the UC timeline correct? I believe it takes place in like 250-something U.C. Now that's what I think is true from the series, but is there any manga that goes on after that? I know that Crossbone Steel Seven takes place a bit before V but I don't think I've seen anything after, unless you count that whole everything is actually one timeline at which point it just gets confusing.

CorvoSol

The Wing Zero Custom is the one with the angelic wings. It only appears in the movie. In the TV show the Wing Zero has much more mechanical wings going on. Death Scythe Hell is the one with Bat wings. Epyon has dragon wings. The Altron and Shenlong Gundams have the Dragon Gundam's Dragon-Head-Arms, but don't have the tail/braid on the helmet. Heavy Arms is awesome cuz the chest pops open to fire a gajillion bullets.

Really, I think most of Wing's designs are comparable to G's.

The Wing is the Shining Gundam and the Zero is the Burning. Epyon is the Master Gundam as a dragon instead of a vampire. Shenlong and Altron are Dragon Gundam. Heavy Arms is Gundam Maxter without the football helmet and gattling guns instead. Sandrock is like the Neo-Turkey Gundam, and Death Scythe picks up Master Gundam's vampire motif.

To what was said earlier, I'll say that TallGeese II's red tears were rad, but TallGeese III's head was where it was at for me, what with it looking like a crown and all. G Bouncer was nifty, but otherwise I found AGE's designs a bust. I was NOT a fan of the UE mechs at all. Not even the hilarious chinese rip off Gundam they had at the end.

I liked the Dynames, but I didn't much care for the Cherudim. In fact I felt most of S2's mobile suits weren't as good as 00 S1's, which had cool things like Soma Pires' custom pink Tieren. I thought the 00 Raiser was okay, but the Quanta was kinda meh to me.

Also, the only non Kira or Athrun Gundam I found okay in Gundam SEED was Nichol's. Black and red was cool, except when it became a dog Gundam in Destiny.

Beth Cyra

I did a little searching and I think the one I don't like is called Wing Gundam Zero Custom EW or something like that. It apparently appears in Endless Waltz? Here's a picture.

300px-Wing_Gundam_Zero_CustomW0.jpg

Also, I guess the gunpla kits are something that I constantly forget since I never had an interest in those, despite being a huge part of the Gundam series. I tend to ignore that due to my disinterest so I guess that contributes to my limited knowledge of new G things or representation or whatever. Anyways, I don't want to have this discussion with you again since it always comes up and I really need to calm down about it.

Also question since you mentioned it in passing. Victory Gundam is chronologically the latest gundam in the UC timeline correct? I believe it takes place in like 250-something U.C. Now that's what I think is true from the series, but is there any manga that goes on after that? I know that Crossbone Steel Seven takes place a bit before V but I don't think I've seen anything after, unless you count that whole everything is actually one timeline at which point it just gets confusing.
Yes, that would be Wing Gundam Zero EW. Sadly as much as I like the design he has become a double edged sword for Wing fans. He is one of the most popular Gundam designs in all of Gundam and insures that Wing gets used quite often. The problem is it's always at the cost of Wing/Wing Zero TV and all the TV designs and storylines.

As far as Victory goes. I can't remember if there is anything canon that goes beyond Victory's ending. As you mentioned F91 links directly into Crossbone and Crossbone has started crossing over into Victory's time.

One thing that surprised me is the gap between the end of Char's Counter Attack and Victory isn't nearly as big as it would first seem because of the advances in tech. Judau actually makes an shows up (in the ZZ no less) in the one of the CB mangas.

However I'm not the biggest fan of Universal Century so there very well could be something beyond Victory. Well Turn A aside, which would come at the very end of UC during the CC timeline. We kinda have to accept the CC timeline because even in Universal Century material the CC Timeline and Turn A have started to pop up from time to time.

And yes we've discussed this before, but as a peace offering I really suggest you look into the G Manga. Even though I'm a hater I will say it improved G because it balances out how Domon interacts with the other leads.

To what was said earlier, I'll say that TallGeese II's red tears were rad, but TallGeese III's head was where it was at for me, what with it looking like a crown and all. G Bouncer was nifty, but otherwise I found AGE's designs a bust. I was NOT a fan of the UE mechs at all. Not even the hilarious chinese rip off Gundam they had at the end.

I liked the Dynames, but I didn't much care for the Cherudim. In fact I felt most of S2's mobile suits weren't as good as 00 S1's, which had cool things like Soma Pires' custom pink Tieren. I thought the 00 Raiser was okay, but the Quanta was kinda meh to me.

Also, the only non Kira or Athrun Gundam I found okay in Gundam SEED was Nichol's. Black and red was cool, except when it became a dog Gundam in Destiny.
I can see what you mean about the TGIII. I think a large part of it is that I actually like Treize as a character and feel he is one of the few Gundam characters that is legitly awesome.

I'm with you on G Bouncer being the only decent thing from AGE. I actually had hopes for AGE III Normal when we first saw line art, simply because how ZZ esk it seemed to be, but in the end it was a total failure.

I do love Blitz though, I actually forgot about it. It was always sad to me how little it got featured compared to Strike, Aegis, Dual, and the ugly ass Buster.

As far as AD goes, I just never could get into any of them. Exia is loved like crazy, but honestly I think this is probably the weakest lead Gundam outside of AGE. I liked the idea of some of them, and I loved the support ship (certainly better then SEEDs White Base knock off) but the Gundam themselves are just kinda Meh to me.

Jubern

All this Wing talk reminds me of how much I love the Wing Gundam EW/Early Type. Really good design IMO. When I played SRW Alpha 2 last year, I gave it to Zechs, who blew everything to pieces.

The Wing Zero EW, though... Can't say I care much about it.

Oh and if we're talking about post-Victory UC... Well there's G-Saviour I suppose :p

Beth Cyra

All this Wing talk reminds me of how much I love the Wing Gundam EW/Early Type. Really good design IMO. When I played SRW Alpha 2 last year, I gave it to Zechs, who blew everything to pieces.

The Wing Zero EW, though... Can't say I care much about it.

Oh and if we're talking about post-Victory UC... Well there's G-Saviour I suppose :p

Ewwwww. You mentioned G Savior.

I love Zero EW, but I'm with you on Wing EW. The colors, the wings, the weapons all of it just looks far more powerful then Wing Gundam Zero EW. Plus I love that things Shield. Also, where is my MG V2 and Wing Gundam Zero TV Bandai? Just give me them so you can move on X and we can finally have all the fucking leads already.

I can get people who love Zeta, or even Rx-78-2. Hell I can even kinda get people who like Strike (well when it doesn't have that giant back pack) but the one thing I will never be able to understand is the Double Fin Funnel, or more so the Heavy Weapon System. Hell I love ZZ because of it's bulk, but HWS Nu is just ugh. Can a fan explain to me what they see in it?

I refuse to believe CONSENT is a canonical faction name. Illuminati is pretty silly too, given that they stole it from the conspiracy theorists

Ezalc

Ewwwww. You mentioned G Savior.

I love Zero EW, but I'm with you on Wing EW. The colors, the wings, the weapons all of it just looks far more powerful then Wing Gundam Zero EW. Plus I love that things Shield. Also, where is my MG V2 and Wing Gundam Zero TV Bandai? Just give me them so you can move on X and we can finally have all the fucking leads already.

I can get people who love Zeta, or even Rx-78-2. Hell I can even kinda get people who like Strike (well when it doesn't have that giant back pack) but the one thing I will never be able to understand is the Double Fin Funnel, or more so the Heavy Weapon System. Hell I love ZZ because of it's bulk, but HWS Nu is just ugh. Can a fan explain to me what they see in it?

Oh man I actually have the figure of HWS Nu. I bought it because I thought the rifle looked awesome. Don't care for all the extra armor, though I find the shield and his surfboard platform thing kind of interesting.

Also yes I'll look into the manga ahaha, peace in the GundamGaf thread.

Didn't know about Judau showing up in crossbone though, isn't that like 70 years later or something?

Since we are talking favorite Gundam suits.

Gundam 00 Quanta hands down for me for a Movie suit.

Gundam 00 Raiser for a Lead Gundam though I love Strike Freedom and Nu Gundam. Asemu's Gundam AGE 2 was pretty awesome till he turned white and then into that pirate version.

Gundam Heavyarms for a non lead Gundam with Cherudim coming a close 2nd.

For Non Gundams I'd have to say Tallgeese though Zakus are the most awesome foot soldier MS.

Serieswise

Gundam: Original RX-78 Gundam
Gundam CC: Nu Gundam (Sanzabi still so awesome!)
Gundam Unicorn: Sinanju
Gundam Wing: Wing Zero
G Gundam: Shining Gundam
Gundam Seed: Strike Gundam
Gundam Seed Destiny: Strike Freedom
Gundam 00: Gundam 00 Raiser
Gundam AGE: ...... Gundam AGE 2

There are some I'm missing but I can't remember them all.

Beth Cyra

Oh man I actually have the figure of HWS Nu. I bought it because I thought the rifle looked awesome. Don't care for all the extra armor, though I find the shield and his surfboard platform thing kind of interesting.

Also yes I'll look into the manga ahaha, peace in the GundamGaf thread.

Didn't know about Judau showing up in crossbone though, isn't that like 70 years later or something?

He is most certainly an old man. However it really stuck with me because it's not just him that is old. His ZZ is being held together by duct tape and spit. He even fires the High Mega Canon and because it's so old and run down it actually acts a a giant flash light instead of a WMD.

Jubern

Yeah Judau inclusion in Skull Heart was pretty nice. I see a lot of people talking shit about that particular volume of Crossbone, but I actually love it BECAUSE it's full of silly shit. It doesn't take itself seriously and there's no grand story to pin it down, so it goes all out. For the series/non-stupid stuff, we got Steel 7 afterwards which was pretty good and satisfying.

The B Gundam and the Newtype monkeys chapters were the best :p

CorvoSol

Yes, that would be Wing Gundam Zero EW. Sadly as much as I like the design he has become a double edged sword for Wing fans. He is one of the most popular Gundam designs in all of Gundam and insures that Wing gets used quite often. The problem is it's always at the cost of Wing/Wing Zero TV and all the TV designs and storylines.

I can agree to this. Endless Waltz had great mech designs, but compared to Wing's plot, Endless Waltz' plot suuuuuuucks. And much as I like the Tallgeese III and Wing Zero C, neither should come at the cost of the Epyon.

I can see what you mean about the TGIII. I think a large part of it is that I actually like Treize as a character and feel he is one of the few Gundam characters that is legitly awesome.

I'm with you on G Bouncer being the only decent thing from AGE. I actually had hopes for AGE III Normal when we first saw line art, simply because how ZZ esk it seemed to be, but in the end it was a total failure.

I do love Blitz though, I actually forgot about it. It was always sad to me how little it got featured compared to Strike, Aegis, Dual, and the ugly ass Buster.

Haha, I actually didn't like the ZZ Gundam. It was too bulky, and the crest and red goatee were not as cool as the Zeta. That said, Domon > Judau > All other Gundamtagonists.

As far as AD goes, I just never could get into any of them. Exia is loved like crazy, but honestly I think this is probably the weakest lead Gundam outside of AGE. I liked the idea of some of them, and I loved the support ship (certainly better then SEEDs White Base knock off) but the Gundam themselves are just kinda Meh to me.

A lot of AD was meh to me, but I latched onto Lockon and the Dynames because they reminded me of Kurz Weber and his Sniper M9 from FMP in a good way.

For Non Gundams I'd have to say Tallgeese though Zakus are the most awesome foot soldier MS.

You're wrong, though. GOUFS are the most awesome mook suits. Because when a Gouf shows up in an episode, you should just plain expect a good throw down.

You're wrong, though. GOUFS are the most awesome mook suits. Because when a Gouf shows up in an episode, you should just plain expect a good throw down.

Unless you fight Kira. Then you just get pwned by Strike Freedom lol.

But seriously man, Zakus are the real deal. The Goufs are just sword wielding Blue Zakus with that heat rod special and an overpowered beam saber.

Zakus (and Hizacks)are way better than goufs. The shoulders of Goufs look silly.

I'm a big fan of monoeyes. I like them better than Gundams, which are usually just w/e for me.

Dynedom

Also a fan of Gundam Airmaster and I kinda like Virsago as well.

In terms of non-Gundam mecha, I love the Sinanju and Rozen Zulu from Gundam Uncorn.

Beth Cyra

Also a fan of Gundam Airmaster and I kinda like Virsago as well.

In terms of non-Gundam mecha, I love the Sinanju and Rozen Zulu from Gundam Uncorn.

Virasgo is weird, it's like a combo of Epyon and Shenlong Gundam.

Sinanju and Rozen Zulu are both great, but then pretty every single unit from Unicorn is top notch. Unicorn has probably the highest level of Gundam designs when you look across the board. Delta Plus is one of the best designs in all of Gundam, the color and look are just great.

All this talk of Gundams got me to go and place an order for some Gunpla. Grabbed a pre order for MG Strike Rouge Phoenix Equipment, Gundam Wing G Unit 1/144 Leads, and Astray Blue Frame Second Rivesed L. Alot of SEED kits in that order when I hate SEED over all haha.

Dynedom

Sinanju and Rozen Zulu are both great, but then pretty every single unit from Unicorn is top notch. Unicorn has probably the highest level of Gundam designs when you look across the board. Delta Plus is one of the best designs in all of Gundam, the color and look are just great.

The Byarlant Custom is also pretty crazy, if a little over-designed.

It's nice that Katoki's work tends to be in higher production Gundam shows or shows where he can be creative within the license (G Gundam). I think he was responsible for the "angel wings" Wing Zero from EW, unless I'm mistaken.

Beth Cyra

The Byarlant Custom is also pretty crazy, if a little over-designed.

It's nice that Katoki's work tends to be in higher production Gundam shows or shows where he can be creative within the license (G Gundam). I think he was responsible for the "angel wings" Wing Zero from EW, unless I'm mistaken.

Katoki actually did several of the Wing designs.

As far as the TV series Katoki did the OZ forces including Tallgeese 1 and 2. In fact the only things he didn't do (for the most part) were the Gundam's, those were all done by Okawara.

Then came Endless Waltz and Katoki redesigned all 5 of the Gundams, as well as creating Tallgeese III and Serpent Customs. He has offically redesigned the Epyon Gundam as well the 5 Gundams evolved forms in Frozen Teardrop, several of which he has readded features from Okawara's TV elements (such as Altron's Wing's and Tail Stinger) and the Royal Card Soldies, Virgo 3's, and Wyvern.

Dynedom

As far as the TV series Katoki did the OZ forces including Tallgeese 1 and 2. In fact the only things he didn't do were the Gundam's, those were all done by Okawara.

Then came Endless Waltz and Katoki redesigned all 5 of the Gundams, as well as creating Tallgeese III and Serpent Customs.

It's funny that some of his earliest work is V Gundam. I didn't particularly like any of the Mecha designs in it (the V2 was okay I guess and some of the Zanscare mechs although I'm not sure if he designed all mechs in V).

Beth Cyra

It's funny that some of his earliest work is V Gundam. I didn't particularly like any of the Mecha designs in it (the V2 was okay I guess and some of the Zanscare mechs although I'm not sure if he designed all mechs in V).

Actually his earliest work I hate.

The majority of Gundam Sentinel, especially S gundam and Ex-S are hugly as all hell. It frankly shocks me that the man who created Wing Gundam Zero EW, Unicorn, and Master Gundam some how produced the mess that is Ex-S.

I've been thinking about something lately. I don't like the Sinanju Stein. I mean, the design itself is good. But the name. Why does it have a separate name from the normal sinanju. It's the same suit, just modified. And besides, canonically, the Sinanju Stein came FIRST.

I'm going to be cynical and say that they just want to sell more Gunpla.

Sometimes, I wonder how we lucked out in getting a decent narrative out of parts of the UC series (and the non UC ones too!) when the primary motivator for the creators and Bandai to continue making the various Gundam shows is to sell more and more Gunpla.

When it works out you get a great addition to Gundam lore and great looking Gunpla to purchase and construct. (Zeta, CCA, et.al)

When it doesn't (and they unsuccessfully aim for a newer demographic), you get abominations like Gundam AGE.

It's not like they haven't done it successfully in the past. Gundam Wing brought fresh blood (kids of the 90s) into the fandom. So did Gundam SEED. (brought in the 2000s kids)

Jubern

As far as the TV series Katoki did the OZ forces including Tallgeese 1 and 2. In fact the only things he didn't do (for the most part) were the Gundam's, those were all done by Okawara.

Then came Endless Waltz and Katoki redesigned all 5 of the Gundams, as well as creating Tallgeese III and Serpent Customs. He has offically redesigned the Epyon Gundam as well the 5 Gundams evolved forms in Frozen Teardrop, several of which he has readded features from Okawara's TV elements (such as Altron's Wing's and Tail Stinger) and the Royal Card Soldies, Virgo 3's, and Wyvern.

Do you mean Glory of Losers? Or do the old Gundams appear in FT too?
Also I know the Wing Gundam EW is actually a pretty old design (I don't know where it originated from, but it was in SRW as early as 2001), weren't the other Katoki redesigns also made during that period (serious question)? Save for the new equipment of course (ie. Rousette, Igel, Liaoya, Armadillo...)

CorvoSol

Unless you fight Kira. Then you just get pwned by Strike Freedom lol.

But seriously man, Zakus are the real deal. The Goufs are just sword wielding Blue Zakus with that heat rod special and an overpowered beam saber.

Kira is only immune to being wrong. And while he has incredible immunity against losing, Shinn equipped with the Plot Sword did defeat him.

The Gouf loses every single time, much like Mobile Armors, but where Mobile Armors are the stupidest thing in the entirety of Gundam, the Gouf doesn't lose until he's well and truly wrecked your shit. Ramba Ral, man. Ramba Ral.

Kira is only immune to being wrong. And while he has incredible immunity against losing, Shinn equipped with the Plot Sword did defeat him.

The Gouf loses every single time, much like Mobile Armors, but where Mobile Armors are the stupidest thing in the entirety of Gundam, the Gouf doesn't lose until he's well and truly wrecked your shit. Ramba Ral, man. Ramba Ral.

Pfftt.. even in that instance he lost because he wasn't aiming to kill Shinn. He never did.

He hasn't killed a pilot ever since SEED, I think.

One of the few fights he didn't take seriously and when aiming to disable the little prick just wasn't enough. Shinn took advantage of his no kill policy and just ran with it.

Damn it Corvo, you made me justify the motivations of the characters of a scene in a mediocre Gundam series.

Wubby

New extra weapon set for the upcoming 3.0 Master Grade is available from Premium Bandai today. Cost 1,575 Yen.

http://p-bandai.jp/hobby/item-1000082432/

Comes with:

● Gundam LED unit (yellow) × 1
● hyper bazooka × 1 (one bazooka comes with the kit already so this will give you 2)
● Beam Javelin × 1
● Gundam hammer × 1
● water transfer decal × 1

I was planning to get a 3.0 anyway so I pre-ordered one. I want those water slide decals.

Beth Cyra

Do you mean Glory of Losers? Or do the old Gundams appear in FT too?
Also I know the Wing Gundam EW is actually a pretty old design (I don't know where it originated from, but it was in SRW as early as 2001), weren't the other Katoki redesigns also made during that period (serious question)? Save for the new equipment of course (ie. Rousette, Igel, Liaoya, Armadillo...)

The Original 5 Ver Ka designs are were created right after Endless Waltz was finished. He created the Five Early types and it was used in pamphlets that helped promote the Endless Waltz series.

And I was talking about the TV series. Katoki actually designed the OZ suits for the TV series including Tallgeese 1 and 2. I was also talking about Glory and Frozen Teardrop when I mentioned him adding Okawara features to Katoki's EW designs. If you look at the cover of Frozen Teardrop Volume 4, it has Altron EW, but if you look closely you will see it actually has Altron TV's Wings and Tail Stinger Equiped.

Also I'm not sure who has seen it, but the Okawara Wing Gundam Zero TV version/Katoki redesign that has been teased a few times has been offically announced.

It's called Wing Gundam Proto Zero - I got to say, it looks fucking awesome. I love Katoki's work, and he takes Wing Gundam Zero TV and really makes it look much better and far more dangerous. Honestly to me this is very much like Okawara Epyon-> Katoki's Epyon. Just perfect.

However I think this has offically made it so Heero is either number 1 for AU leads for total suits that they call theirs.

Wing Gundam
Wing Gundam EW
Wing Gundam Zero
Wing Gundam Proto Zero
Mercius
Space Leo
Snow White Gundam

That is a crazy amount of suits for an AU lead. Damn between picking up two of these bad dads and Set 1 of BD Gundam Wing, it's going to be an expensive last half of the year. Thankfully I will probably get lucky and not have to pick up the December release this year if it does indeed turn out to only be a Sazabi Ver Ka.

November could hurt depending on who they announce as the next big RG. Hopefully it will be Strike Freedom and I will be able to skip him as well. Just need to hope that they don't announce a Destiny Hien version before the end of the year.

CorvoSol

A half Gundam half mobile armor is still dumb. Mobile armors never, ever work. That Zeon wasted so much time and money developing them during the One Year War is the real reason they lost.

Pfftt.. even in that instance he lost because he wasn't aiming to kill Shinn. He never did.

He hasn't killed a pilot ever since SEED, I think.

One of the few fights he didn't take seriously and when aiming to disable the little prick just wasn't enough. Shinn took advantage of his no kill policy and just ran with it.

Damn it Corvo, you made me justify the motivations of the characters of a scene in a mediocre Gundam series.

That fight would never have ended in Shinn's favor in the real world, though, because stupid as Kira's strategy was, Shinn's was far, far stupider. "Let me waste billions of dollars of Zaft money expending leg fliers and chest fliers while I try and battle this guy." Even if the Freedom was a huge threat, there's no way that the Zaft would in a real world situation agree to a strategy so expensive that it essentially wasted upwards of three Gundams to accomplish. Not when they could've used those Gundams elsewhere. And while I understand having maybe one working set on hand and spare parts for another, having enough ready to launch specifically for that occasion strained credulity at best. Kira's strategy relied on him being the better fighter, but Shinn's relied on the plot bending over for him to fuck it. That didn't just shoot down his Core Fighter in a nonlethal way the ten times or whatever he exposed it is nothing compared to the apparently unlimited supply of new bodies he had.

Realistically Kira would've depleted the supply of spare bodies well before Shinn could've had time to put them on, because all he had to do was shoot down the bodies before Shinn could put them on.

That whole fight was stupid and contrived so that Shinn could win it.

Beth Cyra

PG Xi when?

Nah. What I was saying was if Bandai ever made even a MG 1/100 of Xi, then that alone would be big enough to completely over shadow any of the normal size (RX-78-2, Strike, Wing Gundam Zero, or even the MK II and OO Raiser) Perfect Grade 1/60's just because of how fucking massive Xi is.

Beth Cyra

Yeah, I know. But I really want a PG Xi to be made. That thing would be ridiculous

Given the intense dislike of Hathaway and the meh reception of Hathaway's Flash I'm honestly shocked that Xi has gotten as much love as it has the last few years.

I just can't honestly imagine Bandai ever releasing Xi outside of maybe a HGUC (not counting Fix Figuration and the RD line of course), as it stands the only MG that would be bigger is Perfect Zeong.

New extra weapon set for the upcoming 3.0 Master Grade is available from Premium Bandai today. Cost 1,575 Yen.

http://p-bandai.jp/hobby/item-1000082432/

Comes with:

● Gundam LED unit (yellow) × 1
● hyper bazooka × 1 (one bazooka comes with the kit already so this will give you 2)
● Beam Javelin × 1
● Gundam hammer × 1
● water transfer decal × 1

http://i.minus.com/jSVG7DO9tWl9m.jpg
http://i.minus.com/jVLow78e8W4Lc.jpg
http://i.minus.com/jksnnUW8IDvsD.jpg

I was planning to get a 3.0 anyway so I pre-ordered one. I want those water slide decals.

I just want the LED unit. Hope this is going to be available for all 3.0 releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom