• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Jeanne D'arc Thread - SRPG goodness from Level5 for 29.99$

acklame

i'm loving this game, i was hesistant before buying it but i'm so glad i did. how many chapters are there in the game?

Anno

7 chapters, I believe. 32 main missions with a handful of free areas to play in for extra items and skills. It took me just over 31 hours to beat it fully.

The final battle is retarded. I played close to 30 rounds only to discover that the final boss has HP recovery 2, is *highly* resistant to magic, and that my particular group even when everyone uses their armlet can't do that much more than he recovers in a round in a round.

Diablos

Yeah so I'm on Stage 21,
Fated to War

WTF,
I can only use Jeanne and crappy Gilles with his crappy stats? THIS BATTLE SUCKS, I CAN'T WIN.

acklame

So I'm on stage 13. Good game so far, but how many times do I have to kill
talbot
, it's getting quite annoying.

Seth C

acklame said:
So I'm on stage 13. Good game so far, but how many times do I have to kill
talbot
, it's getting quite annoying.

Haha...I remember thinking the same thing. Don't worry, eventually you stop fighting him.

RuGalz

I think I'm at end of the game and now I just realized how under-level my characters are. /sigh I guess I can't avoid grinding.

RuGalz

john tv said:
Rugz -- How do you like the game, overall?

I liked it quite a bit. I hardly have the patience or time for this kind of game these days but I was totally addicted to this one. The production is very nice. While there isn't one area of the game that really stands out more than the others, something about the pace of the game always makes you want to go back for more. Also, the story isn't as cliche as I thought it was going to be which is a big plus. Two thumbs up from me. :)

Superman00

Liverpool01
cubicle47b said:
The final battle is retarded. I played close to 30 rounds only to discover that the final boss has HP recovery 2, is *highly* resistant to magic, and that my particular group even when everyone uses their armlet can't do that much more than he recovers in a round in a round.

:lol, which is why you need to level Gilles, I mostly just use Gilles with sweep. The boss takes up 9 square so sweep will hit him 7 times x the damage. Gilles alone mainly killed him. The only annoying thing is the damn demon. There two version of them, 1 is impenetrable to my magic while the other to physical attack.

Superman00

Liverpool01
Diablos said:
Yeah so I'm on Stage 21,
Fated to War

WTF,
I can only use Jeanne and crappy Gilles with his crappy stats? THIS BATTLE SUCKS, I CAN'T WIN.

For that stage my Jeanne and Gilles were over lvl. I beat it easily. Plus before Jeanne and Gilles left my party, I beat the Prairie stage and got the strongest weapon for Gilles. Like I said before, you should lvl up all your characters, sometimes they are needed in certain battles and if they are under lvl, it would suck. Also, a pointer, train Rufus. He will be the highest physical attack in the game.

the-iek

Superman00 said:
:lol, which is why you need to level Gilles, I mostly just use Gilles with sweep. The boss takes up 9 square so sweep will hit him 7 times x the damage. Gilles alone mainly killed him. The only annoying thing is the damn demon. There two version of them, 1 is impenetrable to my magic while the other to physical attack.
final fight:
beat the guy yesterday, i equipped blizzard 2 to all my good magic users like richard and cuisses. gilva took 250 damage per char then. it was no problem, but dark regen was annoying as hell.

Big-E

Does anyone know how to beat the free battle in Raillemont? I can't seem to build any bridges more bridges once I take out the archers and I am stuck. Do you have to do anything special?

jiggle

Big-E said:
Does anyone know how to beat the free battle in Raillemont? I can't seem to build any bridges more bridges once I take out the archers and I am stuck. Do you have to do anything special?

The bridge triggers are hidden.
They will show up when a character move near it.

Johnkers

Finally beat the game, took about 25 hours odd including my game overs.

I'm pretty impressed, it's definitely wet my appetite for Final Fantasy Tactics
which I've yet to play
and Disgaea

Thinking about it I can't really think of an SRPG i've enjoyed more.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I just beat
young Henry VI (where you storm the Fortress in Paris. That fight was fucken hard. I actually only had Jeanne, Gilles and Roger when I had Henry all by himself. Henry having HP Restore II and 1600HP = 330 HP healed before his turn (which is ridiculous). I had to chip away at his life with the trio making extensive use of Burning Aura Chains. There was a point where it seemed hopless (I didn't have any Transformations left, Roger was underleveled which meant his accuracy sucked and everyones life was getting low). I then gave Roger the suppliment that makes a characters accuracy go up by 50 for three turn and did the Burning Aura Chains, finishing with Rogers Heavens Gate.

I somehow got through it with a Triple Slash from Roger. It was a fucken intense fight...haven't felt that from an RPG or SRPG in a while.

Good times!

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
BlueTsunami said:
I actually only had Jeanne, Gilles and Roger when I had Henry all by himself.

Healing Wind II + Cure = Revivify

Might help to avoid that sort of cut-down party. :)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
iapetus said:
Healing Wind II + Cure = Revivify

Might help to avoid that sort of cut-down party. :)

:lol, I was wondering about this mystical Revive skill the game pointed out near the start of the game. That should come in handy. Thanks for the tip!

This game needs more love and attention from everyone. It's so good! I'm not a RTS fan or expert but it's got me hooked. Came for the presentation, stayed for the gameplay.

Sin

I've clocked in 70+ hours on this game so far and I love it, currently collecting all the ultimate weapons, armour, and stones for the final Colosseum battle, which I hear is insane.

I'm such a loot whore and this game delivers in that respect. My Rufus can decimate a whole battle single-handedly in just one round, so awesome. :D

Johnkers

Restricted_Area said:
I'm on Stage 13. It opened up a Free Combat stage in Altois Prairie, but it's impossible to kill all of those bastards especially dragons! WTF?!

You can come back to it later once you're a bit stronger. Use moves like Flame, Cyclone or Impale that do multiple hits as the dragons take up 3x3 squares.

Sin said:
I've clocked in 70+ hours on this game so far and I love it, currently collecting all the ultimate weapons, armour, and stones for the final Colosseum battle, which I hear is insane.

I'm such a loot whore and this game delivers in that respect. My Rufus can decimate a whole battle single-handedly in just one round, so awesome. :D

Wait, can you get a gem for him?

Johnkers said:
You can come back to it later once you're a bit stronger. Use moves like Flame, Cyclone or Impale that do multiple hits as the dragons take up 3x3 squares.

OMG--that's brilliant! I skipped the frickin' stage myself because I was getting killed by the dragons and those Domokun-looking things.

painey

finally imported and its fantastic, 3 stages in its probably my favourite FF:Tactics type game, the graphics are so incredible and crisp.

Lebron

Beat the game not to long ago, took me about 41 hours(I'm a turtle?). Anyway, passing this game up, especially at the price, is a tragedy. The game is easily now one of my favorite RPGs

Triz

Ive been having trouble early in the game being underpowered. Am i forced to map grind for exp to be able to progress? Or do I just suck that bad :lol

Sin

DXMachina said:
Wait, can you get a gem for him?

Nah,
you get a Godspeed gem as a reward for beating the 2nd Colisseum, coupled with Attack+30, Decimation III, Mobility+3, and Three Rounds he is unstoppable.

IzumiK

Banned
So umm I finally got around to playing this game since I broke my PSPhat playing Brave Story. Am I doing something abnormal when Jeanne is about 20-30 levels above other enemies when I play the storyline? XD

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah you probably aren't letting the other members of your party kill enough people.

I'm am absolutely head-over-heels with this game. I thought Brave Story was excellent (and it was) but after completing that and moving onto this, this seems so much more polished, and more importantly challenging. I had to do some of the free battles quite early on to get my team past the point where they couldn't be one-shotted anymore and now I'm progressing at a decent rate but not too fast ffs. Oh and the cut-scenes are gorgeously drawn too, excellent stuff all-round.

I give this a 9.9/10, easily one of my all time PSP faves and only losing a 0.1 because of its backwards inventory system that shows me how many things I'm using not how many things I have free and I have to stop and think everytime I sell stuff.

IzumiK

Banned
Fusebox said:
Yeah you probably aren't letting them kill enough people?

I'm am absolutely head-over-heels with this game. I thought Brave Story was excellent (and it was) but after completing that and moving onto this, this seems so much more polished, and more importantly challenging. I had to do some of the free battles quite early on to get my team past the point where they couldn't be one-shotted anymore and now I'm progressing at a decent rate but not too fast ffs. Oh and the cut-scenes are gorgeously drawn too, excellent stuff all-round.

I give this a 9.9/10, easily one of my all time PSP faves and only losing a 0.1 because of its backwards inventory system that shows me how many things I'm using not how many things I have free and I have to stop and think everytime I sell stuff.

Oh Jeanne is like 20 levels above while my party is like 10 levels above. :lol

You know the easiest way to level is just to hit the very first free battle. Jeanne still gets 5xp per action and you get the total 200 something xp for the whole party. I just send Jeanne or someone I want to level and they kill everything in two turns.

And I can't believe that
Liane died! I thought they would save her. Omg so sad!
<- death spoiler

Fusebox

Banned
Nooo, why, WHY did I just highlight that! Stupid reflex action, I highlighted it, read it, made a shocked face, then read the bit where you gave me a second warning not to read it. :lol

Serves my dumb ass right...

ruffles

I thought I was grinding enough but level 24-25 enemies are kicking my ass. Jeanne is at level 33 right now while most of the other characters are between 24-27.

IzumiK

Banned
ruffles said:
I thought I was grinding enough but level 24-25 enemies are kicking my ass. Jeanne is at level 33 right now while most of the other characters are between 24-27.

For me, Jeanne is level 60 while the enemy is at level 40. :lol

I don't even feel like I grinded levels that much. My party of 5-7 people are 50+.

Fusebox

Banned
This is a dumb question ruffles, but are you upgrading yer armour and weapons along the way?

734630-0.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Since the thread is bumped anyway, i wanna let everyone know I bought the game!
Just bought the new silver PSP, and this is now the only game I have for it.

Gearin up for FFT, but im surprised at how good this is!!

jjasper

Ok after taking a break I finally put a lot more time into the game the past few days (mainly cause I got a new psp). I really like the way they handled
the burning at the stake and right now I am really glad I didn't spend a lot of time leveling Roger,even though I can tell he will be back in your party eventually. Sucks for Liane though

IzumiK

Banned
jjasper said:
Ok after taking a break I finally put a lot more time into the game the past few days (mainly cause I got a new psp). I really like the way they handled
the burning at the stake and right now I am really glad I didn't spend a lot of time leveling Roger,even though I can tell he will be back in your party eventually. Sucks for Liane though

Yarrr I feel ya on
the stake burning
. Was a really sad moment.

To update my play through, currently Jeanne is 40 levels above enemy mobs in the storyline. XD

Trick is that when I'm busy with computer stuff, I just run the game and hit up the chapel level and get Jeanne or someone to annihilate the bad guys in 2 turns. Almost every time will get you a level and it only takes 5 mins to run through with very little to think about.

jjasper

IzumiK said:
Yarrr I feel ya on
the stake burning
. Was a really sad moment.

To update my play through, currently Jeanne is 40 levels above enemy mobs in the storyline. XD

Trick is that when I'm busy with computer stuff, I just run the game and hit up the chapel level and get Jeanne or someone to annihilate the bad guys in 2 turns. Almost every time will get you a level and it only takes 5 mins to run through with very little to think about.

Yeah I need to do that with a few characters, Gilles seems really underleveled for me at this point although he seemed fine when he left. Just wondering who all is everyone using
after Liane dies
I have been using Jeanne, Gilles, Richard, the fog, but can't decide past that, I tend to change it up put haven't found the right combo yet.

DustinC said:
Maybe I'm missing something here, (Stage 23 or 24, can't remember)
but this first Reaper fight is pissing me off. It takes my characters for fucking ever to get around to Jeanne, and all I can do with Jeanne is run from one side of the room she's stuck in to the next, getting hit with Thunderbolt 2, and using up all my healing items.

I tried attacking the Reaper with her, which ended up being useless because he has that stupid Auto-Heal shit every turn.

I've enjoyed the game up to this point.

Make sure Jeanne has blood sword, it makes it so much easier.

IzumiK

Banned
Yeah I just use the armlet dudes and Marcel to make 5. Jean is great being a spear user so he is always in. And a mix up between La Hire for his helm smash and Collette for running around real fast with +1 mobility.

I would use Beatrix but she was so low level when I got her.

jjasper

IzumiK said:
Yeah I just use the armlet dudes and Marcel to make 5. Jean is great being a spear user so he is always in. And a mix up between La Hire for his helm smash and Collette for running around real fast with +1 mobility.

I would use Beatrix but she was so low level when I got her.

I tired using her when I first got her but went back to Marcel pretty quickly. I also use the magic girl some too (can't think of her name, you get her from defending the city with the crystals). I have pretty much stopped using La Hire and now use Bartholomew.

IzumiK

Banned
I got Rose instead, a whip user that has lance range and do diagonal attacks and moves at the speed of Colette. Less crit though but she was too low to use when I got her. She does help on those bridge/ladder building levels.

I LOVE this game. I'm not a strategy person or an RPG fan, but this game has me hooked so bad. I just
got through Reims and I'm on the outskirts of Paris or something
and despite having to re-try the past few stages several times, I keep eagerly going back for more.

Again, I'm not very experienced when it comes to these types of games, but based on how much it has me hooked, it's easily one of my GOTY so far.

Top Bottom