• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

xS1TH L0RDx said:
480i.

still buying.

Just found out about this, and that's really fucking assy. I'm keeping my pre-order at amazon cause the game looks like its gonna be a lot of fun, but really? 200fucking9 and they couldn't make this game 480p REALLY?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Decided to go for the soundtrack gift. I don't really see myself wearing either of those tshirts.

John Dunbar said:
since all the whining, someone explain the difference between 480i and 480p to this non-technophile.

480i is interlaced, meaning each frame that is drawn, is really just half a frame. Since its drawing every other line, then the next frame the lines of the image that weren't drawn before are drawn. 480p is progressive, meaning every line of an image is drawn on each frame. It's a better image.

InterlacedVsProgressive.jpg

On CRT tvs its not so bad because of the nature of how they display an image. On a fixed pixel display, like say an LCD, or Plasma, it can be pretty shitty depending on your tv.

wRATH2x

Banned
I cannot fucking wait!!

Damn,finally an awesome game on the way for the Wii,this should hold me till NMH2.

P.S.

When will No More Heroes 2 drop??,I remember hearing Q1 2010,but I keep hearing people say late 2009.

jrricky

Banned
OMG. The OP is great and just right. Glad its kept at one page and everything is so well done. I love the sliding news banner.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I won't watch anything! You guys can't tempt me with all those links. :lol

I'm glad I went on a sort of media blackout for this one. I think I've watched the first two trailers, read some Platinum Games related news and one or two gameplay impressions and that was that. Playing this with next to zero knowledge of what's ahead... sogood.gif

Dascu said:
It reminds me of DeBlob (more stuff unlocks as you colour more/get more points) or even Excite Truck (it's about how you race, not about finishing first).
I also thought of de Blob (been playing it recently) and good call on Excite Truck. I love games with a score based structure, they end up being very satisfying when tied to good gameplay.

Shadowlink123 said:
Thanks. I wonder why they had it 480i instead of 480p.

There does have to be a valid reason.
It can't be because they simply couldn't the game could easily have been in 480p, and they know how to do it.
And you can't blame developer laziness, since they obviously aren't being lazy with this game.
It just boggles the mind...
I hope we get an answer.

Nicko

xS1TH L0RDx said:
480i.

still buying.

What is your source? Did I miss something? Everyone keeps talking about it being 480i, but I have seen nothing to support this claim. You would have thought IGN would have said something if it was not, and all of their videos say that it is 480p!!

Alcibiades

That 480i thing better be a joke or they better have a complete edition coming at some point because that is inexcusable...

There is no reason a talented development house should let something like that slip. I'd rather a 1-2 month delay for a proper version than get it now with some sacrifices.

oblo

I've had it pre-ordered ever since our store allowed to do so. My Wii had been collecting a little dust lately, but now Overkill and soon MadWorld, happy times when SEGA does what Nintendon't (at least as far as publishing goes, don't mention Sonic).

February's been bad with Chrono Trigger, HotD: Overkill, SFIV and some late pick-ups, but March is going to be devastating with MadWorld, RE5, GTA Chinatown, Bleach: Dark Souls, Afro Samurai & Naruto Ninja Destiny 2: European Version...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DihcarEM said:
Will the EU version have any kind of censoring? Otherwise i'll have to import like NMH.
The Australian version won't, so I highly doubt the EU version will.

Teknoman

Music comments are getting under my skin for some reason.

"Too bad they couldn't use a music choice that more people would find less offensive to their ears. I think that music may have even worked if it did without the lyrics. I personally can't stand rap. I think even just having a variety of styles may have worked such as rap with some metal and just some good instrumental work."

I like all kinds of music as much as the next guy, but the "rap and hip-hop music being offensive to the ear" comments on IGN are getting annoying. And its not like metal music cant be unnecessarily loud or lame as well.

Anyway, track is awesome and I hope someone changes their mind before release...and makes the soundtrack an NA bonus as well.

Threi

notag
Teknoman said:
I like all kinds of music as much as the next guy, but the "rap and hip-hop music being offensive to the ear" comments on IGN are getting annoying. And its not like metal music cant be unnecessarily loud or lame as well.

Eh 99.9% of em probably can't even follow the lyrics if they tried. They just hear that it sounds like rap and turn on the hate switch.

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
the music I've heard so far is enjoyable, probably even better in the context

Yup, no doubts about that. When they were Clover they always had the perfect track for each situation, and im sure that wont change now that they are Platinum.

Dascu

Updated the OP with all the lovely new avatars.

For those on a media blackout: Definitely do NOT watch the Murder Melody vid on Gamesradar. It's chockful of boss spoilers.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Cant someone MadWorld my avatar. I fully throw my support behind the wonderfully imaginative ways meatbags are killed in this game

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Dascu said:
Updated the OP with all the lovely new avatars.

For those on a media blackout: Definitely do NOT watch the Murder Melody vid on Gamesradar. It's chockful of boss spoilers.
I'm sorry, I didn't know.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I for one like rap and am glad to see a game emphasizing it in its OST. As Linkzg said above, it will be pretty cool to see these tracks playing in context.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Saying all rap is rubbish is like saying all rock is rubbish. There are different styles within the genre some good some bad. Even individual artists vary in style. I mean I enjoyed Eminem's more crazy songs back in the day, but wasn't too keen on his hard hitting stuff.

Now I have to forget about this game for a while until it's release is just around the corner. Easiest way to cope I find.

GrayFoxPL

AceBandage said:
There does have to be a valid reason.
It can't be because they simply couldn't the game could easily have been in 480p, and they know how to do it.
And you can't blame developer laziness, since they obviously aren't being lazy with this game.
It just boggles the mind...
I hope we get an answer.

I'm puring gasoline on myself and handing over matches by asking this, but

Isn't this because their engine on which the game looks totally mindblowing, just couldn't be used on the Wii hardware in full force without sacrificing the frame rate etc.?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
GrayFoxPL said:
I'm puring gasoline on myself and handing over matches by asking this, but

Isn't this because their engine on which the game looks totally mindblowing, just couldn't be used on the Wii hardware in full force without sacrificing the frame rate etc.?
their engine is most likely re4-derived, and in this reagard similar to capcom's framework engine - tech that was originally designed on the cube.

my guess for the interlaced mode is it's either to smooth the aliasing this game would be very prone to, or to give them this extra bit of fillrate they needed for all the gravy. or both.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/957/957368p1.html

The Black Baron and Mathilda
The flamboyant and talkative Black Baron is paired with Mathilda, a lady of few words but an overwhelmingly generous spirit of showmanship. The pair hosts the DeathWatch show to spice up the proceedings.

They're known to provide concise and clever rundowns of rules for the Bloodbath Challenge mini-games that are especially popular among audiences. While the Black Baron appears to harbor romantic feelings towards Mathilda, the other half of this tight twosome coolly brushes him off.

Signature attacks:

The Black Baron: Rapid-fire tongue-lashing?
Mathilda: Spiked Bat

madworld-20090225051504052.jpg

madworld-20090225051506271.jpg

madworld-20090225051509005.jpg

Little Eddie
A needy giant of a man with deep mommy issues. He ended up in prison as a killer for crushing mommy with his backside when he tripped while out shopping.

He won his release on the condition that he participates in the DeathWatch show after the terrorist incident. (In truth, he was simply taken from his cell to the event site by rail while he was asleep.)

DeathWatch ranking: 178th
Signature attack: Hip-drop

madworld-20090225051459005.jpg

Rinrin
A young Chinese woman who performs elegant dances while holding two giant fans.

She joined the DeathWatch show as the representative of Asian Town. Her master is her own mother Ranran, who was once ranked 8th. While her dances are sexy, she has an aggressive, male-crushing personality that makes her a huge favorite among men with a masochistic bent.

DeathWatch ranking: 94th
Signature attack: Kamikaze Attack

madworld-20090225051501927.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
can we fuckin stop with the boss spoilers? thanks.

wRATH2x

Banned
The bosses look awesome really cant wait for this.

Oh and how long is the game??,what do most sites say.

EDIT:Also I noticed that the main character sounds a lot like snake.

Top Bottom