• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Dascu

El-Suave said:
The reviewer's complaints are that riding the motorcycle is boring compared to the rest of the game (those are only short passages though). Multiplayer is not much fun and the camera can be a bit chaotic when things are getting hectic. All relatively minor complaints I would say unless you want this to be a multiplayer game I guess.

A strong point of the game the reviewer mentioned surprised me: the game's story, why Jack is participating in the game, is interesting and gripping.

Overall it's a very positive review.
Does it say anything about the length or the difficulty?

ShockingAlberto said:
Oh, wait.

Were you joking, Dascu?
Yep. He actually did the same thing with No More Heroes back in the day, down to the blatantly contradicting pros and cons. What's funnier though is that many sites started reporting this as real :lol ... Guess he wanted to pull the same trick here. Bad, Dascu. Bad !

Dascu

Stormbringer said:
Yep. He actually did the same thing with No More Heroes back in the day, down to the blatantly contradicting pros and cons. What's funnier though is that many sites started reporting this as real :lol ... Guess he wanted to pull the same trick here. Bad, Dascu. Bad !
It's my thread and I'll lie if I want to~

That review sounds great by the way. Good to hear about the enthralling story too, though I must say I expected no less from Yasumi Matsuno.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omg, wtf. I saw the bosses posted back in the previous two pages that I didn't even know about. :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Dascu said:
Pros:
- Great violence
- Stylish graphics
- Creative gameplay

Cons:
- Far too brutal for a Wii game
- Graphics are weird
- Gameplay's not a straight beat-'m-up
Dascu, spot-on as always. I love how people fail to notice the contradictions. :lol

Gino

KevinCow said:
gino.png
Thanks man!

wrowa

Dascu said:
Pros:
- Great violence
- Stylish graphics
- Creative gameplay

Cons:
- Graphics are weird
- Gameplay's not a straight beat-'m-up
Just because someone made a bad job in summarising the Killzone 2 article, people are making fun of the magazine. That's terrible. ;(

Well, I haven't read the MadWorld review but one member of the M! forum summarised it.

Pro:
- superb graphics
- great soundtrack
- complex but easy controls
- exciting story

Con:
- some camera issues
- boring (but short) motorbike passages
- boring multiplayer mode

Dascu

wrowa said:
Just because someone made a bad job in summarising the Killzone 2 article, people are making fun of the magazine. That's terrible. ;(

Well, I haven't read the MadWorld review but one member of the M! forum summarised it.

Pro:
- superb graphics
- great soundtrack
- complex but easy controls
- exciting story

Con:
- some camera issues
- boring (but short) motorbike passages
- boring multiplayer mode
Thanks.

Updated thread with this review info, the 3rd Death Watch Sports trailer (spoilers!) and some avatars.

Fritz said:
81% is a damn good score for a non-established ip from this mag. They gave NMH 76% and HotD:Overkill 80%
Hmmm. Since No More Heroes was great foreplay, then HotD: Overkill is pure sex, then MadWorld will be 1% more handcuffs and whips. I'm excited.

Would any of you be willing to make my Pikachu Madworld ready? I'd greatly appreciate it.
adorable-animation3.gif

And thanks to Windfish for taking the background out of it!:D

pickwick

Dascu said:
Cons:

What does it mean ?
Who the hell do they think Wii-owners are ?
Do they think all Wii owners are 10 year old girls?

Please, Dascu, do me a favour : Don't buy this mag anymore....

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
pickwick said:
What does it mean ?

swoosh!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
pickwick said:
What does it mean ?

facepalm.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
8/10 is still a good score and, as if it hasn't already been said, people really need to be careful when listening to reviewers for this one.

It's a brawler. It's not going to appeal to everyone. An 8/10 for one person might be a 10/10 for someone who really likes these kind of games.

Tenbatsu

EatChildren said:
8/10 is still a good score and, as if it hasn't already been said, people really need to be careful when listening to reviewers for this one.

It's a brawler. It's not going to appeal to everyone. An 8/10 for one person might be a 10/10 for someone who really likes these kind of games.
Just like Godhand.

EatChildren

Tenbatsu said:
Just like Godhand.

Exactly, like Godhand and (to some extent) No More Heroes.

MadWorld looks fantastic but it's not going to be the journalist wet-dream GOTY that some people think it will be, even if it is by player standards. It's a brawler and be default some journalists will scoff at mechanics they deem repetitive and boring. Mechanics that genre fans will adore.

Anybody who starts putting their pre-order / purchase in doubt based on reviews would be far better off ignoring them and renting the game instead.

plank

EatChildren said:
Exactly, like Godhand and (to some extent) No More Heroes.

MadWorld looks fantastic but it's not going to be the journalist wet-dream GOTY that some people think it will be, even if it is by player standards. It's a brawler and be default some journalists will scoff at mechanics they deem repetitive and boring. Mechanics that genre fans will adore.

Anybody who starts putting their pre-order / purchase in doubt based on reviews would be far better off ignoring them and renting the game instead.

Matt or one of the crew from IGN said in the recent pod cast that its a GOTY contender. So you can possibly expect an even higher score from them.

EatChildren

plank said:
Matt or one of the crew from IGN said in the recent pod cast that its a GOTY contender. So you can possibly expect an even higher score from them.

I thought they said "Wii GOTY" rather than universal GOTY, which is saying something pretty different considering the 2009 line-up. Could be wrong though.

Either way my point stands. If what we've seen of MadWorld so far really interests you don't listen to reviews. Goes without saying for everything, really.

Sadist

No offense to German Gaffers, but sometimes I pick up a German magazine like N-Zone, Gamepro etc. (I live near the German border) and I think the German review system is broken. Sometimes they are way to soft with certain games. Games that will receive 4.0's in other international gaming mags receive a 6.0 from those magazines. With the bigger games they are more generous, but sometimes the reviews are inconsistent imo.

CoolS

Sadist said:
No offense to German Gaffers, but sometimes I pick up a German magazine like N-Zone, Gamepro etc. (I live near the German border) and I think the German review system is broken. Sometimes they are way to soft with certain games. Games that will receive 4.0's in other international gaming mags receive a 6.0 from those magazines. With the bigger games they are more generous, but sometimes the reviews are inconsistent imo.

Yeah our console magazines are shit. PC mags are really good though

pakkit

Banned
An 8.0 is enough to warrant attack a country's journalism?

a. It's a Wii game, so controls almost always vary from person to person.
b. It's a niche brawler.

GAF knows this game is already going to be balls to the wall awesome, why do they need some random digits to affirm that?

Sadist

pakkit said:
An 8.0 is enough to warrant attack a country's journalism?

a. It's a Wii game, so controls almost always vary from person to person.
b. It's a niche brawler.

GAF knows this game is already going to be balls to the wall awesome, why do they need some random digits to affirm that?
Nah, that's not it.

Its something thats been on my mind for a few years now. I've read my fair share of German mags and everytime I was a bit confused about the contents. It just happened to be in the Mad World thread of all places, but generally I think German console mags aren't very consistent with reviews.

Is it even possible to do my avatar? I wanna be part of the answer!!!!

Also, I cant remember if Ive asked this...but does this game have some sort of "move store"? Id imagine so since everything they've created did, but I haven't heard a peep about it.

Agalloch said:
This M! Games pros e cons are obviously a joke.
pickwick said:
What does it mean ?

dermannmitdemcolt said:
This mag is a sad joke (even worse than Mgames). Don't listen to them.
Don't listen to this magazine, don't read that one. Another typical Nintendo Official GAF thread.

Top Bottom