• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Haunted

Sadist said:
No offense to German Gaffers, but sometimes I pick up a German magazine like N-Zone, Gamepro etc. (I live near the German border) and I think the German review system is broken. Sometimes they are way to soft with certain games. Games that will receive 4.0's in other international gaming mags receive a 6.0 from those magazines. With the bigger games they are more generous, but sometimes the reviews are inconsistent imo.
None taken, I haven't bought a console magazine in years, they're shit.

Visualante said:
Don't listen to this magazine, don't read that one. Another typical Nintendo Official GAF thread.
You're obviously not German or living in Germany, else you'd know that all console mags here are pure and utter garbage.

Phife Dawg said:
You're obviously not German or living in Germany, else you'd know that all console mags here are pure and utter garbage.
I don't think I said one source had credibility, one way or the other.
dermannmitdemcolt said:
One word, crétin: Matsuno

Have you read one of these mags? No? Then stfu.
You should relax.

Visualante said:
I don't think I said one source had credibility, one way or the other.
You were indicating that the advice to not read a shitty German console mag and automatically dismiss their opinion as worthless was a typical (defensive) reaction, when in reality they all suck and can't be taken seriously - regardless of what scores they give to games on any console.

Visualante said:
Don't listen to this magazine, don't read that one. Another typical Nintendo Official GAF thread.

Listen I'm not trying to defend the people who say don't listen to this mag or don't read that one. I just think you have to admit it's a o_O reaction when a mag's pros and cons contradict each other. To say a pro is the great violence, and then say a con is that its too violent for Wii, come on. Saying it has stylish graphics, and then calling the graphics weird in cons, is just really weird. I think we can agree on that.

kottila

Visualante said:

You do know that both Agalloch and pickwick are talking about Dascus joke-review and not the actual review right?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Dascu said:
I aim to please.
Boom headshot, then. A friend of mine just linked me your joke pros/cons, he found them on another message board and everyone believed they were legit.

Dascu

Jocchan said:
Boom headshot, then. A friend of mine just linked me your joke pros/cons, he found them on another message board and everyone believed they were legit.
Oh wow

Edit: After some googl'ing:
wsippel said:
Das war ein Witz von dascu. Praktisch die selbe "Zusammenfassung" hat er schonmal bei einem anderen Test zu einem anderen Titel gepostet.
:lol

hitoshi

dermannmitdemcolt said:
You really expected it to be a good story? How naive can you get?

The story is awesome, it's like the first half of Death Note with gritty writing, really great pacing and manganoid actions. I've really liked it.

Dascu

hitoshi said:
The story is awesome, it's like the first half of Death Note with gritty writing, really great pacing and manganoid actions. I've really liked it.
I need info on length and difficulty. Now.

plank

penthouse review

http://go nintendo.com/wp-content/photos/mail.google.com_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_12.jpg

get rid of the space between go and nintendo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm so sick of the Sin City comments;

GamingBits: "Where did you draw some of the inspiration for MadWorld? In films or comics?"

Shigenori: "Actually, many people talk about Sin City as a reference but it's not really Sin City, but really more of the classic american comic book style which we are fans of. We read many, many comic books, which were an inspiration to the graphic style."

Sin City wasn't the only comic to use noir style visuals and the developers have gone on record multiple times stating there were many other influences.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dascu said:
Bump with a new blog entry on PlatinumGames: http://platinumgames.com/2009/03/01/a-different-sense-of-humor/

It's about getting the humour right in MadWorld and the Neogaf posters! :D

Platinum Games said:
And now for something completely different… Some users on a site (NeoGAF) got organized and made some MADWORLD posters. I was really surprised by how awesome the design sense was. The other thing that shocked me was just how many posters they made.

Everyone took time out of their day and tried their hardest to make a cool MADWORLD ad. It really shot our motivation through the roof and made the team and I want to make an even better game for everyone out there! Thank you all so much for making these!!
(The poster below is the one I thought was the best out of all the designs!)

Should be posted in the magazine ad thread.

plank said:
penthouse review

http://go nintendo.com/wp-content/photos/mail.google.com_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_12.jpg

get rid of the space between go and nintendo.

I don't get that con. Why would that be a con?

big_z

dyls said:
I have a Panny Plasma, and I've run the Wii in both 480i and 480p and can't tell any difference. So I doubt it will bother me too much.

i have a panny plasma as well. try 480i on a virtual console game and you can tell.

Dascu

Gamekyo has some new screens, including one showing the 2P character for the multiplayer Bloodbath Challenges:
71071520090302_195528_2_big.jpg

He looks a lot like Jack. I wonder if it's a storyline character (Kojack?) or just a random design.

KevinCow

Banned
Dascu said:
Gamekyo has some new screens, including one showing the 2P character for the multiplayer Bloodbath Challenges:
71071520090302_195528_2_big.jpg

He looks a lot like Jack. I wonder if it's a storyline character (Kojack?) or just a random design.
Happy Swing :lol

Volcynika

I know the last thing X-Play had was an All Access thing for the game, but I think they have a new hands on tonight:

In this episode of X-Play, Adam and Morgan gets Hands On with the new, bloody Wii exclusive MadWorld, make a call to the bullpen and review MLB 09: The Show and finally go behind the scenes with some of the best Street Fighter competitors in the world when we cover the Street Fighter IV Tournament.

Today on X-Play:
* Hands On: MadWorld
* Review: MLB 09: The Show
* All Access: Street Fighter IV

If not new...well...it's still MadWorld!

Ydahs

Dash Kappei said:
wait what?
The game is not in 480p?

Tell me that isn't true FFS.
It's true, but IGN said they didn't find out until they plugged in their video capture device, meaning it's probably not too bad.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
a Master Ninja said:
That sucks :(
well, one of the most beautiful games last gen (if not the most beautiful one) was in 480i, so no big deal here. unless your tv is sucking at interlaced mode, of course (mine doesn't : )

Teknoman

dermannmitdemcolt said:

Have you read one of these mags? No? Then stfu.

Maybe im late to this but...WHAT?!

The same Matsuno who directed the Ivalice Alliance games including Ogre Battle? This is going to be awesome.

blu said:
well, one of the most beautiful games last gen (if not the most beautiful one) was in 480i, so no big deal here. unless your tv is sucking at interlaced mode, of course (mine doesn't : )

What game was that?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I'm watching a Madworld commercial right now! It's pretty cool. As good as or better than the House of the Dead advert.

Chumly

GDGF said:
I'm watching a Madworld commercial right now! It's pretty cool. As good as or better than the House of the Dead advert.
Are you watching Xmen: the last stand? Cuz I just saw it to.

Volcynika

GDGF said:
Seriously! It was on TNT. They'll probably show it again tonight (XMEN 3 is currently on)

Sega put the Overkill ads on Spike and the Adult Swim block, I'll be sure to check those out and post if I see it on there.

jts

...hate me...
Meh. Game.co.uk made the t-shirt pre-order bonus UK only so I will not day-one this.

Kinda sad since I wanted to "be there" supporting Platinum Games and proper Wii efforts, however I'll wait for a better price. Hopefully I'll still be there month one :p

markatisu

GDGF said:
Seriously! It was on TNT. They'll probably show it again tonight (XMEN 3 is currently on)

TNT, that means it should be airing soon on the remainder of the Turner Warner networks (TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim), and if it picked up the same package the HoTD did it will also be on Universal channels like USA and Sci Fi

Good for Sega to do commercials for this game!!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I don't know how this avatar-making thing works. Its not possible to make mine black and white but the beam katana red is it? maybe slow it down a bit?

John Harker said:
I don't know how this avatar-making thing works. Its not possible to make mine black and white but the beam katana red is it? maybe slow it down a bit?
Sure there is. You'd just have to use Photoshop to desaturate every color channel except red.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Dash Kappei said:
I guess Resident Evil 4.

Although it means nothing, the argument is fundamentally flawed :p
nope. re4 was in progressive. plus i said beautiful meaning 'artistically beautiful', not technically beautiful.

i was talking of odin sphere, apparently.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
butsomuch said:

Not a bad preview, but I'd take it as practical confirmation that there are no 'unlockables' which is disappointing. He dodged a lot of questions in regards to bonus content and replay unlockables, mostly focusing on the raw stuff (eg: explore level to find new items, commentary might not be heard in full, etc).

I hope there are some unlockables that revolve around completing the game or getting X amount of points. Games like this need them.

hitoshi

Dascu said:
I need info on length and difficulty. Now.

I can't talk about that, it will be a little disappointing for some I suppose but I was fine with it.

And whining about the 480p is ridiculous, I have a shitty Samsung 28" LCD and I've lost my component cables so I was forced to play with the composite ones and MadWorld looked absolutely awesome.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
KevinCow said:

hot dog, that's great!

Thank you, sir. Using now.

Not sure how difficult this stuff is to do, so ignore if ordorous, but possible to also make his sunglasses/eyes glow red to match the beam? I just think that would be neat. especially if it were more of a darker, blood red

Top Bottom