• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prototype Thread

http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rev/prototypereview.html

"All in all, Prototype is one of the best games to release this generation and is definitely the best game to drop in 2009 (so far). Outside of the lackluster stealth and disguising mechanic, the brutal combat, huge open-world, varied challenges, and utterly satisfying gameplay makes this a must-have title for any serious gamer's collection. Get ready to put your life on hold!"

Sounding like this is going to be one of those love it/hate it games. I have mine sitting here, waiting to put the kids to bed before playing though.

BenjaminBirdie said:
That actually looks a lot better than I expected, again. I keep thinking it looks great and then I'll read some impressions that aren't crazy about it and then I'll see it again in action and then I'll think it looks great again.

Yeah I watched a stream the other day and it just looks like a ton of fun. I also really dig the soundtrack.

Def getting this tommorrow.

DrBo42 said:
I have a feeling something terrible is on the horizon.

359b86f8f0f62d28986a5f714ef1b237922.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

So awesome. What store was that? A GameStop?

I hope just minor injuries and no deaths from that runaway kitty.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Guys, I've been putting the reviews that are popping up on the OP. I don't know much about the "credibility" of these sites or whatever so if someone disagrees with something or want a review that's not there to be added, tell me (and the reason why) and I'll edit.

Fuu said:
Guys, I've been putting the reviews that are popping up on the OP. I don't know much about the "credibility" of these sites or whatever so if someone disagrees with something or want a review that's not there to be added, tell me (and the reasons) and I'll edit.

Eh, just add them all. Considering that sites are actually holding their reviews because the damned publisher demanded that they do so, one could certainly make the argument that the credible gaming site is a laughable concept.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
AltogetherAndrews said:
Eh, just add them all. Considering that sites are actually holding their reviews because the damned publisher demanded that they do so, one could certainly make the argument that the credible gaming site is a laughable concept.
Pretty much. I Just wanted to make that little disclaimer to avoid any potential drama.

DrBo42

Based on the stream, it looks fun. I think I'll pick this up at ToysRus if that gift card deal really is in effect.

I sort of wish they had done something more with the menus and the general UI, feels very, uh, gamey. Nitpick, but hey.

And :lol slashertrasher, quite busy in the stream chat eh?

Yeah, the other stream I was watching the other day, I was a mod! Someone asked me "Do you feel like god?" All I could say was... "If someone ask if your a god, you say yes!" :lol

McLovin

That free roaming looks like fun... that's pretty much my favorite part about inFamous. Maybe I'll pick this up for PC. I'll have to check if its up on steam.

One thing I notice in this video is that there is a hell of a lot less slowdown jumping off of a building in Prototype than their is in inFamous.

Ok after watching that dude flying so high in the sky, and seeing a good draw distance, and a smooth framerate, im buyin this game. I'll take a hit in visual quality if I can do this stuff.

McLovin

I thought the game released on the 9th. Why does steam say I have to wait till the 10th? I was seriously gonna make an impulse buy :(

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
BenjaminBirdie said:
I think it's over.

:(
Stream is still up.

The buildings look really flat, and the guy looks like he's wearing in-line skates when he sprints... but there's something kind of appealing about this game.

McLovin

It looks buggy but it also looks like allot of fun. I'm really into jumping super high and getting to high places in video games. The only thing that really puts me off is how violent the guy is. Those absorption animations look really brutal. At least they let you skip them.

Does the music play like that all the time? I've had issues with the stream, but that music have played at the same intensity during every scene I've caught. Is it at all dynamic?

AltogetherAndrews said:
Does the music play like that all the time? I've had issues with the stream, but that music have played at the same intensity during every scene I've caught. Is it at all dynamic?

It seems like it's the same (or at least similar) for missions or infected areas maybe. Looks like I'll definitely be needing a special El-P deluxe playlist for this one.

opkal

Stream looks pretty good but I'll still wait on reviews before I commit to a purchase. It's kinda funny that Alex can pick-up cars and launch them 50 feet yet struggles to open a locked hatch on a tank.

Top Bottom