• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HipHopGamer Ladies & Gentlemen...

uJeZkxm.jpg
He must've read EmCeeGramr's post.

Tainted

Despite all the bad press, reviews, shitposts and general negativity about 1886...I have to really tip my hat to the graphics. It is on a completely new level.

If anything, it deserves many awards at year's end for it's technical achievement in this department at the very least. It really is a graphical showcase

I know its only early in the year and there are many great games to come....but it's going to take some beating in this regard

Despite all the bad press, reviews, shitposts and general negativity about 1886...I have to really tip my hat to the graphics. It is on a completely new level.

If anything, it deserves many awards at year's end for it's technical achievement in this department at the very least. It really is a graphical showcase

I know its only early in the year and there are many great games to come....but it's going to take some beating in this regard

Doesn't Uncharted 4 come out this fall?

lol first i read through 4chan then i watch the youtube videos and now we got hiphopgamer writing and saying dumb shit..

i havent laughed so hard in a long time.. i seriously feel bad for RaD

12 hours to go!!!

Funny how gamers let reviewers and scores influence their decision on what games to buy or not buy. Personally, im still looking forward to playing through the game.
Funny. Isn't that the whole point of reviews and scores? When you search on Amazon for something, don't you read the reviews to find the best product. If not then you must buy a lot of crap.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm not sure what HipHopGamer is talking about. Is that video up?

Edit: I found it... lemme see what this hubbub is about..

Kacho

Gold Member
I always wondered how hip hop gamer became THE voice of gaming in an official capacity....very strange

Is he though? I rarely ever hear about the guy and usually when his name pops up for something it's in that point and laugh kind of way.

It would be nice for RAD to have a chance at a sequel and fix everything that's wrong with The Order, but after these reviews, if it bombs in sales it likely won't get a sequel. Look at how improved Ghost of Sparta was vs. Chains of Olympus (God of War series they worked on)

Is anyone still picking this up tomorrow?
Hell yeah I am. In a way my curiosity is just that much more piqued now.

Also remember critical consensus doesn't always affect sales. Knack outsold Super Mario 3D World in the UK, don't forget. ;)

BokehKing

Banned
lol first i read through 4chan then i watch the youtube videos and now we got hiphopgamer writing and saying dumb shit..

i havent laughed so hard in a long time.. i seriously feel bad for RaD
What's to feel bad for, they could still end up selling copies, not everyone agrees with 'jeff'
The man has yet to utter a word or opinion I have ever agreed with.

Him giving the game a 2 just cemented the fact I was picking it up.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I always wondered how hip hop gamer became THE voice of gaming in an official capacity....very strange

He's completely positive about every game ever. Some people don't really want to hear about the bad things about video games, and it's fine that he's found a niche there. It also helps that game marketers like his positivity towards all games too, for obvious reasons.

That video title though. There's just no explaining that one.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah HHG is stretching hard with that racism video. Of course I never really got into his style of game analysis anyway :p

Despera

Banned
The video itself isn't bad, just the racism comparison doesn't really work as he's explain it.
No, the video in its entirety was so bad I don't even know where to begin pointing out all the bullshit in it.

Yes... I watched the whole thing.

joecanada

Damn Sony's exclusives been shitting the bed with review scores. Maybe Bloodborne will turn the streak around.

Don't see Uncharted getting favorable reviews this gen either if reviewers are gonna be harsh on cinematic games.

Not sure if serious. Uncharted has a proven formula and they can build on tlou success, there's absolutely no reason to compare either the games or the studios

breakfuss

Hell yeah I am. In a way my curiosity is just that much more piqued now.

Also remember critical consensus doesn't always affect sales. Knack outsold Super Mario 3D World in the UK, don't forget. ;)

Bullshit. That was for like a week, and likely the result of the bundle. Knack is atrocious. I say this as someone who bought it last week.

There should be space in the video game business to make products which are targeted to excel in the visual presentation so they can be judged on those merits alone. Why should such visual masterpieces be tied down by expectation of people who do not understand the true goals of the product. I read many fans wanting to pick this game up based on how it looks so is there no rating system that protects the desires of said fans to be able to take pride in their purchases and know they're receiving a top-rated visual experience without it being dirtied by the expectation of people who don't appreciate the goes of presentation the product has set for itself? I don't know man... I just feel for people who are getting bummed out by these reviews and treated like what they want from the product is a mediocre gaming experience when what they want is in fact an excellent visual experience. If a game says its a platformer then we shouldn't attack it for not being a RTS and in the same right, if a game says its visually stunning then we shouldn't attack it for gameplay. People are even recommending not to purchase this game hence victimizing people who pre-ordered it. Its rather insensitive to come out and tell people not to buy something they've put money towards... AFTER THE FACT. No one likes to be judged for their purchasing decisions so this judgmental atmosphere at the very least seems rather anti-consumer. Aren't media supposed to be on the consumer's side? Finally on the idea that the product is too short... a good product should leave you wanting more. Like when people say you've overeaten when you feel bloated and you should stop eating when you feel you are about to get full.. in essence, you should be wanting more before you stop eating; this is the proper way. Overeating will make you obese and there's nothing good about that so why are we trying to promote over-gaming like its something healthy. The Order should be commended for not piling on the fat with unnecessary content, variety, game length and extra modes and collectable. It cares about the consumer's gaming health. Judged based on its visual fidelity and respect for consumer health, I'd give the order a 9.7 out of 10 but Metacritic won't carry my review on the "reviewer" section so I'll leave it here and I ask journalist to be kinder with their review. We need more products like the order. Dare I say it... I'd like to The Order another one of these!

Well, that's unreadable. However...

People are even recommending not to purchase this game hence victimizing people who pre-ordered it. Its rather insensitive to come out and tell people not to buy something they've put money towards... AFTER THE FACT. No one likes to be judged for their purchasing decisions so this judgmental atmosphere at the very least seems rather anti-consumer. Aren't media supposed to be on the consumer's side?

"I bought garbage, and now people are making fun of me for buying garbage. HALP!" Thanks for writing the funniest thing I've read in days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom