• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Return of the King - Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Thread

Blablurn said:
wow, looks good. i hope someone i also editing bayern munich into the game :(

Paging blablurn, paging blablurn!

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/pes-2009-option-file-wenb-needs-you/

With WENB set to receive the final version of PES 2009 imminently, work has already started on the option file. Unlike the situation last year, we have plenty of time to complete a fantastic piece of work. With Mr Carl Brooks completing prep work for all the logo’s and sponsors for all unlicensed teams, WENB turns to the fans for help with the stats!

And I think you guys will provide the perfect resource for us lot who are focused on creating the best option file for the games release.

Like I mentioned Carl has the kits sorted, what we’re after is expert advice on player stats and appearence on the entire German Bundesliga - AND also the unlicened teams in the Spanish La Liga.

If you have any advice on how to get this info, or want to contribute in collating this data for us then please drop me an email at : adybhatti@gmail.com. Just make sure you title the subject ‘Option File’!

Help us help you!

cheers guys!

US boxart:

51lYDTwWV7L._SS400_.jpg

Owensboro

Is there a demo for this in the USA? I was looking for one after playing the FIFA demo and couldn't find it. Am I just pants on head retarded here?

Madsucktion said:
Is there a demo for this in the USA? I was looking for one after playing the FIFA demo and couldn't find it. Am I just pants on head retarded here?

Well, I'm not sure whether or not you are pants on head retarted, but there definitely isn't a PES demo on the US store ;)

Make a euro account and download it.

Owensboro

Gamecocks625 said:
Well, I'm not sure whether or not you are pants on head retarted, but there definitely isn't a PES demo on the US store ;)

Make a euro account and download it.

Doh, why didn't I think of that. Is there an online guide on setting up a euro account? Or do I just use a new e-mail and say I live in England when signing up (with a new screename)?

Blablurn

Madsucktion said:
Doh, why didn't I think of that. Is there an online guide on setting up a euro account? Or do I just use a new e-mail and say I live in England when signing up (with a new screename)?

yeah, do this. it's pretty easy.

Madsucktion said:

Yup

EDIT: Wow, three answers at the exact same time

spwolf

Madsucktion said:

you can actually sign up on pc and just login via ps3 :)

Owensboro

spwolf said:
you can actually sign up on pc and just login via ps3 :)

Yeah, just did that. Thanks for all the quick responses everyone. As far as PSN knows, I now live at the Ritz in London.

I can't wait to get home and try the demo out. I haven't upgraded since Winning Eleven 8. Played the Fifa demo and wasn't to impressed, I'm hoping that the controls in the new Pro Evo are at least close to what I remember. That and I'm prepared to not score on crosses quite as often. Please be good Pro Evo, I want to upgrade this year!

jts

...hate me...
Here at the PESFan Office we have received final copies of PES2009 to review & answer questions about. The reviews won't be up until the embargo is lifted but we can answer some of the questions you have about the game now.

Some of the more common questions, like is Berbatov at Man Utd(the answer being no), will be edited into this post for quick reference.

Ask away!

Update

- Squads are the same as the review versions, so Berbatov at Tottenham, Culler at Rangers etc Basically the sqauds are out of date
- Maximum of 4 players online
- Full edit mode available
- 8 camera angles to choose from

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=207313

...the fuck

ibu

Trust me on this things don't change they just get more archaic, I reviewed the series from Winning Eleven 8 and to be honest WE10 was the best they did.

The player rosters are always out of date...without fail.

The online segment is abysmal... they may as well take it out. Its shoddy and takes an age to register just to get into a game which will lag ridiculously.

Im no longer reviewing games these days. Pro always been a favourite but online it sucks balls.

I will get the game but play it online? not on your nelly

ibu

The Chosen said:
Although PES6 on the 360 despite a few flaws was a masterclass of a game, smooth as a babies behind that game was.

pers6 360 was appalling with its ice skating players and ridiculous AI.

The ps2 versions have been the best thus far.

ibu said:
pers6 360 was appalling with its ice skating players and ridiculous AI.

The ps2 versions have been the best thus far.

I never experienced "ice skating players"....ridiculous AI? Not anymore so that any other offline PES game. The PS2 versions lagged for me majorly, it wasn't until I played PES6 on the 360 online that I realised smooth online play was possible in any game.

Yes because the game automatically loads up the default option file when you go online so any offline edits made to any teams/players do no carry over online.

Played the shit out of the demo. I'm now playing on the highest difficulty and what currently strikes me the most is the way the CPU choses the next player. It's retarded. If a new player gets chosen as 1P he just stops at what ever he was doing before. Especially in critical situations like when you run after a player of the rival team or in the penalty box it's very noticeable and annoying. And there are even situations where the CPU just doesn't go for the ball. They lose in a header duell and nothing happens. The ball is rolling somewhere else besides them and they just stay around. Or if you do passes. The system just doesn't chose the next player near you but you pass the ball somewhere else, because you tilted the stick slightly else...

spwolf

Graf Nudu said:
Played the shit out of the demo. I'm now playing on the highest difficulty and what currently strikes me the most is the way the CPU choses the next player. It's retarded. If a new player gets chosen as 1P he just stops at what ever he was doing before. Especially in critical situations like when you run after a player of the rival team or in the penalty box it's very noticeable and annoying. ...

not really, in fact it is much better than in PES08... In 09 demo, you can continue running, in 08 game, there were some situations were you player would definetly stop when changed to.

Same goes for team mates AI - it expects you to change to the player, but in any case, it is best AI implementation in any football game to date.

spwolf said:
not really, in fact it is much better than in PES08... In 09 demo, you can continue running, in 08 game, there were some situations were you player would definetly stop when changed to.

What did I just write?

spwolf

The Chosen said:
Oh god, as if it couldn't get any worse.

Remember that shitty Konami ID clusterfuck they used for MGO? The one Hideo Kojima hates. . Well they're using it for PES2009 on PS3 and PC.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?p=7415320

i am sure they are... 08 had similar system too, probably even worse as there you had to remember your registration code and use that to login (if you were to play on some other ps3, obviously it was saved on yours)...

spwolf

Graf Nudu said:
What did I just write?

what does that mean? you played 08 demo and you agreed with me that 09 is better?

Players not stopping when you change to them is one of the major improvements over 08... if you do it right, obviously you have to continue in the same direction are your player was going or else you will stop.

FF_VIII said:
So if we update the squads ourselves and go online with them they'll go back to the old ones?

Konami stated there will be downloadable content midyear to reflect these changes. Some of these out-of-date rosters at launch is due to licensing issues, from what I understand, and not so much as some lazy dude at his computer refusing to do a simply player transfer.

spwolf said:
what does that mean? you played 08 demo and you agreed with me that 09 is better?

Players not stopping when you change to them is one of the major improvements over 08... if you do it right, obviously you have to continue in the same direction are your player was going or else you will stop.

What I wrote was about the 09 demo..

PESfan now has the game and the staff said it plays better than the demo. That shouldn't be too surprising considering the final version of FIFA 09 reportedly plays much better than its demo.

Steroyd

The Chosen said:
Oh god, as if it couldn't get any worse.

Remember that shitty Konami ID clusterfuck they used for MGO? The one Hideo Kojima hates. . Well they're using it for PES2009 on PS3 and PC.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?p=7415320

If you've already got a Konami account then it shouldn't take long the game will remember after you log on the first time, it's called auto log in.

And this might be a good thing more than bad, it means community features for online might actually exist.

If you haven't got a konami account before getting this game, then godspeed. o\

ibu

spwolf said:
did you play 09 or are you talking from your experience?

I like the Pro 09 game but have no hope of online, but yes was summarising my experiences.

jts

...hate me...
FF_VIII said:
So if we update the squads ourselves and go online with them they'll go back to the old ones?
Hopefully they'll release mandatory updates in order to go online. Sooner rather than later.

Gamecocks625 said:
PESfan now has the game and the staff said it plays better than the demo. That shouldn't be too surprising considering the final version of FIFA 09 reportedly plays much better than its demo.

did they go into specifics?

FF_VIII

Banned
Gamecocks625 said:

But what about online!

Top Bottom