• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Return of the King - Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Thread

Ok something is seriously bugged in the pc version.

The game crashes when I try and play a 2nd leg of a champions league quarter-final. Figured it was just a corrupted save so I started over again with man utd. Got to Quarter finals against Juve and Arsenal, 2nd leg select kit then it crashes. Same if I go to set formation.

BLEH!

spwolf

MrPing1000 said:
Ok something is seriously bugged in the pc version.

The game crashes when I try and play a 2nd leg of a champions league quarter-final. Figured it was just a corrupted save so I started over again with man utd. Got to Quarter finals against Juve and Arsenal, 2nd leg select kit then it crashes. Same if I go to set formation.

BLEH!

what team did you play with?

Solid

Okay got the game today.

Why do the grass feel so thick that the ball will hardly roll? The transfers is a joke. Half of the premiership players aren't even in the game. And why so few CL teams when you select exhibition? Slick menues though.

Steroyd

Solid said:
Okay got the game today.

Why do the grass feel so thick that the ball will hardly roll? The transfers is a joke. Half of the premiership players aren't even in the game. And why so few CL teams when you select exhibition? Slick menues though.

I think we'll have to wait for the patch in November. :|

jts

...hate me...
Got it in the mail today, been playing like a bitch for the last 4 hours! Fuuuuck yeah!!!!!!!1111111111111

Ryck

Wtf I played 3 games so far going through the CL mode and in the first game Evra ( cpu controlled at the time) fouled the opponents in the box gave up a pen and got red carded. He misses a game and in the third game came back and did it again.. and again the cpu did it not the player I was controlling... I don't think a ai controlled player on my team has ever in any other version of Pes done that... WTF.

Also the difficulty settings are weird if I put it on regular I win 7-0 if I put it on Pro I can't score to save my life...

so far I am not liking this game at all...

shock33

Ryck said:
Wtf I played 3 games so far going through the CL mode and in the first game Evra ( cpu controlled at the time) fouled the opponents in the box gave up a pen and got red carded. He misses a game and in the third game came back and did it again.. and again the cpu did it not the player I was controlling... I don't think a ai controlled player on my team has ever in any other version of Pes done that... WTF.

Also the difficulty settings are weird if I put it on regular I win 7-0 if I put it on Pro I can't score to save my life...

so far I am not liking this game at all...

I've had it happen quite often by the ai in previous versions, sometimes when I'm not even pushing them to pressue while I cover someone else. I don't think I've ever had someone carded for it but I've certainly had quite a few penalties awarded.

Also, most reports on other forums say the online is terrible again, so interested to hear some more opinions on that here.

Huggers

I love pro ev this year. I just played 3 games online (won 2, lost 1 in ET grrr) and it was fairly lag free. It's by no means perfect and it gets choppy sometimes when players are tackling but overall it's solid enough. I gather the game has voice chat, how do you activate it? Is there an option file for it yet or is it too soon?

Blablurn

It's never time for FIFA!

Either i played too much PES 2008 or I really suck at the game. I played some online matches and it's ridiculous how everyone scores against me. what - the - fuck?!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I've heard that in online at least defending sucks and the super unstoppable dribblers are back. how lame....

not sure if this game is worth full price right now

dk_

Blablurn said:
FIFA is still worser than PES. No need to laugh.
That's a matter of opinion. It's just hilarious seeing you to switch opinions from "best game ever" to "gameplay sucks fuck this". :D

I played as Arsenal on my first online game, cant say it was the best tackle but in under a minute on the game time in a 10 minute match I managed to get Gallas sent off :|

Fortunatly the guy I played was pretty poor and he put an open goal shot into the side netting and I went on to score 2 with RVP, also loving "be a legend" online...some annoying people on it though, why choose defense midfielder if you are going to try and run the length of the pitch only to hit the ball into row z

Just heard "go for the goal" playing at half time, knew they couldnt just get rid of such a classic

Dizzan

MINI Member
I've only played the demo but it seems WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too easy to be sent off.

Has this been fixed in the final game?

Im at spurs in BAL, and only get brought on when it goes out of play after 60 mins, I dont think they have kept a clean sheet yet, and Berbatov constantly misses

Kinan

Wow, Legends mode is tough. I chose Pro difficulty and can hardly score with my created second striker. Took me like 7-8 training matches to get into Man City squad, so I'm starting to get some match practice and hopefully will improve faster.

We got to put some Legends matches just to try it. :)

spwolf

Gamecocks625 said:
Care to elaborate?

Or do you just suck :D

he needs to play more... new gameplay awards passing, you can not go through defense as god anymore.

also, at defence, people need to press pressure button LESS. Let AI do it and you only apply the pressure at the last point, when you want defender to take the ball.

Penalty that someone else complained about is probably due to pressure button too.

Blaburn, I hope to have the game by tuesday, while you are not adjusted yet so I can score some goals :p.

Steroyd

Goalkeepers are reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyyyy pissing me off.

Not once has any goalkeeper held a shot, not once.

spwolf

Steroyd said:

if someone is shooting from 5 meters, then they wont... if someone shoots from 20m, they will... If you are serious about them not ever getting the ball, send me your game and i will check it out, it might be broken :D

Srider

Banned
Does anyone else have this problem with the game randomly not loading at startup? (PS3 version)

After I start the game from XMB, sometimes it will freeze at the loading screen with the stars on the bottom left. It doesn't even get to the Konami screen.

What is up with this shit.

Blablurn

Srider said:
Does anyone else have this problem with the game randomly not loading at startup? (PS3 version)

After I start the game from XMB, sometimes it will freeze at the loading screen with the stars on the bottom left. It doesn't even get to the Konami screen.

didn't happen here

Steroyd said:

Yeah thats one thing people complaining about. GK's always parry the ball straight out.

near

Gold Member
fuck this shit. i'm starting to hate the new gameplay.

My only problem so far is that when you pressure a player with square or x, the player your using to pressure your opponent tends to randomly slide tackle. Sometimes it's in the worst possible place, like your penalty box. I've had players sent off because of this as well, even though I didn't actually press circle for the slide tackle! :(

Srider said:

Could be just a faulty copy. I haven't encountered any technical problems with the game at all yet.

Srider

Banned
I think it has to do with my ps3 signing into PSN while the game is booting up. If I wait till I'm signed in before I boot up the game, everything is ok.

spwolf

Airkiru said:
My only problem so far is that when you pressure a player with square or x, the player your using to pressure your opponent tends to randomly slide tackle. Sometimes it's in the worst possible place, like your penalty box. I've had players sent off because of this as well, even though I didn't actually press circle for the slide tackle! :(

Could be just a faulty copy. I haven't encountered any technical problems with the game at all yet.

it is not random - it depends on position of your defensive player vs player with the ball.
Thats why I said pressure button now needs to be used a lot less.

Ryck

Blablurn said:
fuck this shit. i'm starting to hate the new gameplay.
I never thought I would agree with you so much Bla but I feel the same way. I have figured out how to score n such but its just not as fun to me... I think I need to work the 2008 out of my system cause 09 just feels strange to me. I hate the way the Cpu always scores the cheapest most impossible goals. You can always tell when its coming cause the players on their team become faster and taking the ball from them becomes impossible, then bam amazing goals is scored. Im gonna keep playing it cause there is no real alternative and if I can get used to 08 I can get used to this.. it just doesn't feel right at the moment.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
you guys are talking like you never played the demo or the final game is significantly different than the demo.

I liked the demo, even if it was a little too easy and I liked that the shooting was rather different.

Even if the gameplay is some kind of slightly broken version of previous games, if they get online working SATISFACTORILY thats fine with me.

Actually the only thing I couldnt stand about previous games was the scripting removing control from you, be it a pass deliberately going 2 cms too far so the opposition are guaranteed to get it or you're defender turning into an idiot and letting players past because the game has decided that you no longer have momentum. that was fucked up beyond words.

If this game fixes that, all will be well in the world. I want an equal contest where we have the same tools.

Top Bottom