• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy they're doing this again. The last time was interrupted by us losing our apartment and having to move again so I missed almost everything and only watched a few off the DVR. I never really watched The Simpsons that much and I was excited to finally see these episodes so it is pretty awesome now that I can sit down and watch.

One of the few eps I did watch last time though, Bart the Daredevil, once again had me rolling. It's too funny.

UberTag

I still attest that the Indiana Jones montage to kick off Bart's Friend Falls in Love is the best opening in the show's history. It's certainly the best directed.

Now it's time for Fuzzy Bunny's Guide to You Know What.

giphy.gif

I love laughing out loud at jokes that i probably missed the last time I watched these episodes. Everyone remembers the classics, but man oh man, stuff like "this town has a weird smell that you're probably all used to, but I'm not" had me giggling

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
18 oz of sizzling ground beef ...

The good morning burger

Crazy thing is, you can get something like this in America right now

UberTag

Bart's the biggest cock block in this ep.
They pull off the exact opposite storyline in Season 20's The Good, the Sad and the Drugly with Milhouse being the cock block and it's not nearly as entertaining. Not to mention Milhouse and Samantha had actual chemistry whereas Bart was lying to impress Jenny (think the opening charade of Bart's Girlfriend if it was carried across three entire acts and the girl really was just bland and well-behaved and not putting on an act as it was with Jessica).

Paracelsus

For all great Bart moments, the one that did it for me (the homer the clown "colleagues on fire with the circus music" moment but for Bart) is this one, as simple as it is

the-simpsonsgpsoc.gif

The *gasp* with the face does it, made me laugh out loud for minutes. Like father, like son.

hypernima

Banned
They pull off the exact opposite storyline in Season 20's The Good, the Sad and the Drugly with Milhouse being the cock block and it's not nearly as entertaining. Not to mention Milhouse and Samantha had actual chemistry whereas Bart was lying to impress Jenny (think the opening charade of Bart's Girlfriend if it was carried across three entire acts and the girl really was just bland and well-behaved and not putting on an act as it was with Jessica).

Hence the reason I'm opting out at season 9.

UberTag

Time for season 4, my favorite one.
Season 4 is a close second to Season 6 for me. But it's really close. And would likely take the prize if not for that dry patch after Last Exit to Springfield.

Incidentally, there's a sequel to Kamp Krusty on tap to be aired next year penned by the original writer. Sounds exciting, right? What could possibly go wrong? Oh wait...

Simpsons season 28 preview: 600th episode, Homer and Marge's sex drought - EW.com

Homer and Marge’s sex drive stalls out.

Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan play their romance-researching characters from Masters of Sex in an episode that’s actually a sequel to season 4’s “Kamp Krusty” and finds Bart messing up his parents’ sex life. “Bart comes back traumatized from the camp, and he has to sleep in Homer and Marge’s bed because he’s so upset,” explains Jean. “Homer discovers that by not having sex, he’s suddenly extremely active and successful, and he’s no longer interested, so Marge takes him to a clinic.” What do Homer and Marge learn from the researchers? “They say, ‘It’s always the kids. We tell this to every parent we meet: The kids are always to blame,’” says Jean. Oh, and this detail is rather perfect: “Moe is there for an anomaly study.”

UberTag

This is your reward for sticking with the series for its entire run. At what point do you stop watching something you only enjoy a fraction of the time?
My original breaking point was Season 11.
Now I'm content to just enjoy the good episodes when they happen and advocate them to others while deterring folks from watching the rest of the drek.

Season 28 has boasted one great episode and three others that were decent enough to be entertaining.
I'll take a 50% watchability factor over many other shows on television. Or many other post-classic era seasons of The Simpsons for that matter.
And I've done my damnedest to ensure nobody else had to suffer through the four subpar episodes before (and after) they aired.

Just a pre-emptive heads up for those of you who want to scope out the Conan episodes, here is when they air tonight:
- 9:00pm New Kid on the Block
- 11:00pm Marge vs. the Monorail
- 5:30am Homer Goes to College
- 6:30am Treehouse of Horror IV

And, for those of you who haven't seen it from two years ago... Conan O'Brien performs Monorail Live @ The Hollywood Bowl 9/12/2014

And, because A Streetcar Named Marge is the best place to mention it, I do recommend the Oscar-nominated "Maggie Simpson in The Longest Daycare" for those of you who haven't watched it. FOX has the entire short available via their YouTube channel.

vypek

I'll make sure to DVR Homer Goes to College.

I was supposed to be looking out for the episode with Billy and McGarnagle. One of the funniest gags in the series to me. I can't remember where it takes place though. Might have to look that up

I'll make sure to DVR Homer Goes to College.

I was supposed to be looking out for the episode with Billy and McGarnagle. One of the funniest gags in the series to me. I can't remember where it takes place though. Might have to look that up

McGarnagle and Billy is in the Boy Who Knew Too Much which is at 2pm eastern tomorrow. There's another episode a bit before with some more McGarnagle but I forget which one it is.

Akim

Banned
I wish the episodes were airing at the same time on the east coast and west coast. Following this thread it seems like they aren't. #56 just started for me.

UberTag

I wish the episodes were airing at the same time on the east coast and west coast. Following this thread it seems like they aren't. #56 just started for me.
Yeah, they've time-shifted things for the West coast.
Not sure whose bright idea that was but it was not a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom