• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

One of the best Adam West moments

Pure. West.
vhcHxbF.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Come back diaper!"
One of the strangest Barney moments but it's so hilarious

I don't remember that church scene. Must have been removed from syndication.

vypek

why doesn't batman dance anymore though?

Franchise isn't campy enough?

I've actually considered checking out Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders to see if the Batusi and campiness is in that movie

"It may be on a lousy season but the Simpsons are on TV" lol. How come shows always take shots at Fox and why do they let it happen?

And I love the growl Homer gives Bart when he messes up the commercial

BatDan

"It may be a lousy channel, but The Simpsons are on TV!"

"Shut up boy"

"... Waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!"

UberTag

This episode features my 2nd favorite gag involving the vintage Batmobile in the show.

af6d3f4bf865ef3901dd1a03ffdf0042.jpg

The best gag involves Stan Lee "improving" it from I Am Furious (Yellow).

K and L are also 5.

555 is a phone number that is never used. That way, people don't actually call the number and annoy some random person.

the KL=Klondike is just a way to make it easier for people to remember the number.

Just like 555 RGNE!

Ah neat. Knew about 555, but never made the connection between K and L also being 5.

Also never heard "klondike" outside of the early simpsons episodes.

BigAT

can someone that was alive in the nineties explain the "Klondike 5" thing

It's much earlier than the nineties friend. For whatever reason, way back when phone numbers were sometimes expressed using the first two letters of a word and then a number. So it's KL(ondike) 5 where K and L are both 5 on a number pad, so the phone number is the typical fake 555-XXXX.

BatDan

"Can you say Get Bent?"
"Bart!"
"Mr Rogers says it all the time"
"He does not!"

"She said burlap!"

"Got your wallet!" *flush*
"Beep"
"Bye bye Keys!"

vypek

Ah my mistake.

I was mistaken about it too earlier. I posted about it earlier too and was wondering when 742 was first mentioned because that is the address I remember the most even though it does change sometimes. I'm curious when each address made its debut.

I love that crash and song for the chestnut tree.

Modern Simpsons needs better songs/musical numbers. About to listen to their Planet of the Apes song now that I'm thinking about Simpsons songs

KillGore

Just signed up for SlingTV Blue (which includes FXX) trial. When I check, there is no live tv for that channel, instead just pre-recorded episodes. Is this because it's a trial? Thinking about paying the $25 if it unlocks the full channel. hmm

ScribbleD

The Simpsons in its golden era was so good at transitioning from point A to point B to get the main plot of the episode rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom