• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sun: PlayStation has increased the price of the original Horizon: Zero Dawn from $14.99/$19.99 to $34.99/$39.99

Draugoth

Gold Member
hzd_wide-2560x1440-bd312be05c49cf339097777c493cb899.jpg

In the US, the game now costs exactly twice as much as it did yesterday.

Right now, the PS4 version of Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is priced at £34.99 / $39.99.

Price history data on the game, gathered by websites such as PSPrices.com, shows that the title was selling at £15.99 / $19.99 before today’s increase.

Physical copies of Horizon Zero Dawn can still be found at a recommended retail price of £15.99 / $19.99 or lower via online retailers like Amazon.

Source

Puscifer

I'm really getting tired of their in-your-face greedy bullshit.
Same. Companies are raking in more profit than they ever have and it's never enough. Feels like everything from necessitates to fun have found ways to fuck us

My energy bills averaged 120-150 and are now 225 minimum and even though I didn't even run the AC more than a few hours each week just to rid my place of humidity in July my bill was nearly 500 fucking dollars!

I'm tired

Just so so tired

And it's not like I don't make decent money either, but it's crazy how I didn't change how much I live in the past year, even spending less, but my checks sure do feel borderline paycheck to paycheck

If anyone ever told me 110K would feel like this I'd say you're crazy

Last edited:

JaksGhost

I only care about whether the free PS+ version is eligible for the upgrade. Everyone who cared got that free with their PS5 anyway.
For existing owners of Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4, PC) and/or Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (PS4, PS5, PC): you can upgrade to the digital version of Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered for $9.99 on both PlayStation 5 console and on PC (via Steam or Epic Game Store). This includes fans who added the game to their libraries during PlayStation’s Play At Home initiative.

FeralEcho

I might actually give up gaming.

This issue seems minor, but it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
At this point,slowly but surely a new industry wide crash seems to descend upon us. I give this industry 5 more years before it implodes on itself.

Bitstream

Hah, I just went down this rabbit hole earlier today. Saw the $10 upgrade and figured I'd pick up the original now and then upgrade when it was available, how much could it cost at this point, $10? Its ancient... right?
WRONG.
Bitchass Sony only had it for $40 on the Playstation store.
It was immediately clear why they didn't include a disk drive on the Pro.

Last edited:

sainraja

I hope this means the upgrade is free for those who already have the game. Stupid move either way.

EDIT
It's $9.99 to upgrade but still stupid... they want people to pay the $50 for the PS5 version instead of finding the old game for cheap and upgrading. It's one thing if people were screaming for an upgraded version to make sure you get back what you invested but no one was asking for this upgrade lol... so you'd think they would be okay with people even paying $9.99. This seems like a silly way to try to get your money back.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
$10 on CdKeys, then another $10 for the upgrade

$7 used physical.

Which begs the question.

Do people who own the 'regular' non complete version and don't own the DLC, do they get the DLC and upgrade in the $10 'upgrade' patch too?

Top Bottom