• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn Nintendo totally through off my bitching about waiting until tuesday with this Nintendo Direct move... so what can I complain about now?

3DS Lite better be shown tomorrow Nintendo! *shakes fists*

HylianTom

Banned
damn Nintendo totally through off my bitching about waiting until tuesday with this Nintendo Direct move... so what can I complain about now?

3DS Lite better be shown tomorrow Nintendo! *shakes fists*

Hmm.. it apparently is going to be all about the Wii U. I can't complain too hard about that. :)

BD1

Banned
I assume it's pre-recorded, so I wonder if Iwata will speak in English for the NA version, or if it will be translated?

btw I like the new "light blue" Nintendo Direct logo ;) I guess more WiiU ND to come ?
header_blue_lg.png

Nintendo Direct would have made a better network name

Xbox Live = Nintendo Direct

but I can live with NIN

Can't wait to see the new design tomorrow night, it's great they're giving us an early treat. Plus, it'll be a good way to quickly pre-empt any further stupid "Is it REALLY a new console or just a new controller?!?" confusion. 'Cuz you know there's still peeps out there who will try to pull that again. Edit: And so they can focus on the games on Tuesday.

OH they are in LA

vjYSt.jpg

What a great picture, the photoshop and gifs it will generate shall last the next decade.

Zero148

So they can focus on the games on Tuesday? Clever.

This is how it seems.

60 minutes conference, ca 15 minutes 3DS means 45 minutes of WiiU Software + the typical stealth announcements in the presser. It seems something really big is waiting for us on tuesday, everything between 10 and over 9000 WiiU games is possible :D

edit:

Forgot about the games showcase, so it should be nearer the over 9000 than the 10 WiiU games at E3 this year

just kidding, but I'm pretty much overhyped right now

I just realized something. Someone prophesied that this would happen, that they would give some info days before E3 so their comment about sharing more info before then would technically be accurate.

Man.

radcliff

Sakurai said in his NP interview that this (Super Smash Bros) is the first time a game of his has been announced before it actually started development. As a result, he said people will have to "wait even longer than they expect to" because of it. He told us to be "patient."

HeySeuss

Oh man a surprise Nintendo Direct tomorrow to talk about WiiU? They must be going to be giving out a lot of info over the next several days. HYYYYPPPPPEEEEE TRAIN WOOOOOWOOOOOOOOO!

BD1

Banned
I hope he shows off a new sleek and sexy case for the actual console. I always liked the Apple Airport tear drop design; thought it was perfect for a Nintendo home system.

Maybe also confirmation on number of UPad supported? New Classic Controller? Any mystery features of the controller not yet unveiled?

my body is

So people doubted me when they said that there wouldn't be a new thread by Tuesday...

This week has been really slow. In order to make the deadline, we'd have to post consistently about twice as fast as our previous peak posting rate. Sudden Nintendo Direct will help that, but it's far from a done deal.

Zero148

hadn't Ideaman planned to post some more news today? I hope it will not be to late, because it is pretty late here in Europe xD

HeySeuss

hadn't Ideaman planned to post some more news today? I hope it will not be to late, because it is pretty late here in Europe xD

Will it be as good as some of his previous blockbusters like "the clips from last e3 were running of a pc or an sd card" or "the final WiiU design may or may not be bigger than the e3 design" or "the e3 design may or may not have been a placeholder" or "they may or may not have enabled 2 controllers at the same time".

I bet it will be something like "the WiiU OS will support multitasking and may or may not allow users to record gameplay for a predetermined length of time. I'm told that there is just newly enabled features that have just recently been told to developers that will allow greater flexibility with the multitasking abilities and may also ustilize the front facing camera. There are also more partnerships yet to be revealed at e3 designed to take advantage of Nintendos new social gaming philosophy".

Add in some vague hints and convo provoking questions and boom. There's an IdeaMan post in a nutshell. At least they are entertaining.

cloudyy

They should just use the Smash Bros. trophy system, only on a scale of the entire platform.

Moments in games captured like collectible statues.

Defeat Bowser in Super Mario Utopia? You get a statue of Mario defeating Bowser

Find the Master Sword in Zelda? A trophy of Link pulling it from its pedastal.

Kill 100 Metroids? Samus blowing up a Metroid.

And we could access all our Friends "trophy rooms" and browse their collections from the Wii U Mii Plaza.

IMO it would be even more interesting if the trophies would be completely random, system-wise and game unrelated.

Imagine this, every new game released comes with 10 new trophies that updates a database. When you unlock an achievement from any game, it randomly unlocks a trophy from any game even if you don't have that game.

Trophies can also be categorized into different rarities. For every game, 5 easy to get trophy/achievement, 3 more difficult ones and 2 more spoilerish that can only be unlocked if you have the game in question (for example, "finish the game" achievement)

TL;DR: Play game, unlock achievements for that game that unlocks trophies from any game released even if you don't have that game.

In hindsight I would rage if I'd unlock a CoD Trophy while playing Mario lol.

Yeah I think it will be up to stream later on tomorrow on the wii u facebook e3 app

How will that work? I almost never use Facebook but I do have a generic "just in case" login. To get the app do I just login and click on it or is the app something I have to download? And would I be able to watch it on my IPhone?

DrWong

YES! I speculated this in a previous WUST thread!

GIMME ALL THE FUCKING KUDOS I DESERVE GUYS!!!

So it's pretty much nothing until E3 in respect to sanctioned media blowouts, eh?

Not even a magazine feature?
Nintendo Direct? It would be amazing to have one before E3. I know it's unlikely but it's just that if it were the case it would increase the Hypometer by 1K, without even talking about what it could imply in term of content delivery for E3.

YES! I speculated this in a previous WUST thread!

GIMME ALL THE FUCKING KUDOS I DESERVE GUYS!!!

Nintendo Direct? It would be amazing to have one before E3. I know it's unlikely but it's just that if it were the case it would increase the Hypometer by 1K, without even talking about what it could imply in term of content delivery for E3.
props son, props.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom