• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'm sure this will only be applicable to Wii U exclusives. I can't see developers using Nintendo's free tools for multiplatform titles since Wii U won't be the target console

Ok, but what will be the target platform?

Roo

Aaaach! Don't be such a defeatist, Alistair Roo. Everybody starts at zero when the next generation begins.

I'd like to agree with this but I'm just tired of hearing the same BS over and over again
from developers towards Nintendo that I'm just trying to go with the flow and get over it.

So far, it seems Nintendo is trying really hard to make the most developer-friendly enviroment
to bring their games over and yet, they keep coming with the same shit we've been hearing the last decade.

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, this will change later today or at Nintendo's conference

I'd like to agree with this but I'm just tired of hearing the same BS over and over again
from developers towards Nintendo that I'm just trying to go with the flow and get over it.

So far, it seems Nintendo is trying really hard to make the most developer-friendly enviroment
to bring their games over and yet, they keep coming with the same shit we've been hearing the last decade.

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, this will change later today or at Nintendo's conference

A part of me always wants Nintendo to just build a larger stable, and literally do whatever they want. Third Parties have already shown they just want a quick buck, and will throw Nintendo under the bus the moment their shitty crafted game doesn't sell.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
*must resist urge to make coffee*

Hey, has this surprise Nintendo Direct for anyone else complicated their plans to get back on sane sleep schedule? I totally was planning on Sunday to be a day of recuperation. There is no rest again until Friday. (Sunday=Nintendo Direct; Monday=Sony, MS, et al; Tuesday=Nintendo!, E3 Floor;Wednesday=Even more Nintendo & E3 Floor; Thursday=E3 Floor & UE4). This week is going to be a something else.

Gahiggidy

laugh2.gif
...in stitches.

I wonder if this thread will survive tomorrow once Iwata unleashes a few hounds. I'm not sure it will. I mean, we move at a crazy pace with NO info what so ever. Tomorrow, the man himself is going to reveals some bits and pieces...

As in, concrete, no speculation, the-buck-stops-here type of facts.

Terrell

Here's the page Terrell was trying to link to: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-renamed-final-fantasy-xv/097017

It's completely fake. Not only does it look really fake, but the YouTube video itself says it's fake and that it was done as a project for a University, similar to that Project Cafe video a year ago.

It's strange timing. But you can't argue that it seemed too good to be true.

I hold steadfast to my prediction, nonetheless.

I'm sure this will only be applicable to Wii U exclusives. I can't see developers using Nintendo's free tools for multiplatform titles since Wii U won't be the target console
No, I don't agree. Nintendo has been offering free middleware for years, they don't care how you use it. The point of it is to improve the quality of all Nintendo titles and to make them easier to develop. And note, many of them would be illegal to use on a different platform without licensing it for that platform - for example, I'm betting the physics libraries are licensed for any game being released on a Nintendo platform, so if you release a game using them on something else, you have to pay full price for it on that platform.

Gahiggidy

Lego sets with NFC cards = Profit
You will have to buy each and every Lego piece (starting at 1¢) and scan it into your game.

Piece by piece you build the city.

You literally start the game off with a vast and empty lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom