• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroslash

0_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85SPR...ayer_embedded#!

One of the strangest videos to have Wii-U stuff.

Whhaaaat? This guy is more or less famous on Spain (on a bad way). People always look at his videos to make fun of him...

Anyway, regarding the video, 2 things:

It seems that when he is playing Aliens, he doesn't use the stick. Why he would be using the pad? It also seems that the movements on the tv does not reflect the movements on the pad.

And...is Battlefield 3 confirmed for wii u? did we see any videos?:O

That, I do not have an answer for! It's shitty quality, but doesn't it look like the newer pad with sticks?

Nah, it looks like the older model. I'm guessing it's an ipad with a cardboard shell. I don't see how a guy like that could get his hands on a real unit when we've seen next to nothing of it for a year.

its a fake pad he is holding. He never pushes the buttons or anything. the video is not live footage.

We know it's not real footage, it's the unit itself that's in question.

lednerg

And I love how Aliens: CM is just going to display the logo on the screen while you use the motion tracker on the TV. I could've done a more convincing fake.

nintendo_e3b_smallrnd3h.jpg

You can't see Miyamoto because he's taking the picture - with the team hard at work and that Pikmin 3 billboard in the background, it was a photo opportunity not to be missed!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well. I for one have to congratulate Nintendo. E3 is nearly here and not a single significant leak. You're Ninja's are strong.

So no one is thinking new Legacy of Kain or Soul Reaver from Crystal Dynamics?

Edit: I expect this will put salt in Dyack's wounds. I don't wanna see a broken Dennis unviel Eternal Darkness 2

Its all fake. The unit is not in question. Just another guy trying to get attention.

Yeah? I think you misunderstood me. At least one person wondered if the controller was real and where he would have gotten one, and I didn't see anyone considering the footage. That's all I was saying.

Obviously he doesn't really have one. There's no way.

nintendo_e3b_smallrnd3h.jpg

You can't see Miyamoto because he's taking the picture - with the team hard at work and that Pikmin 3 billboard in the background, it was a photo opportunity not to be missed!

Really nice blending on this. Great job!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

Edit: I expect this will put salt in Dyack's wounds. I don't wanna see a broken Dennis unviel Eternal Darkness 2

I would cut off my left arm for a new Soul Reaver, but I don't think it's a priority for Eidos at the moment..

Fabrik

Banned
It's funny that Nintendo is one of the biggest video-game company in the world and they don't have a single billboard at E3. They just don't need them, they're already awesome. lol

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

I'd love a new Soul Reaver.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Things are getting awesome here. Wii U's showing will be GREAT, AMAZING, from today till the end of the E3!!!

P.S. After AC3: Liberation for Vita, I'd like to see an AC for 3DS. I think we'll see it announced due to the fact we had them on DS AND above all due to the possibilities of connectivity with AC3 on Wii U...but still, we'll see.

I thought Edios (SE) was making a new game announcment? I remember reading it somewhere.

other thisngs I'd like:

Capcom Gotcha Force sequel. NFC Capsule borgs in Japan
Wii U Water Sports (combines Wave Race, Endless Ocean and Steel Diver)
Battallion/Advanance Wars mixed with another franchise (Star Fox maybe)
A new Clock Tower would be nice (2 players)
Eternal Darkness 2 co-developed by SK & Retro
Built in "Mario Paint"
Mario Kart Wii U Trailer
Blue Tooth Headset support
Wii U Classic Controller

EDIT: Club House games Wii U and a Deathnote MMO (yeah I went there)

canvee

If you don't know about Wii U...U will.

And then, NINJAS EVERYWHERE!!!

Haha your referring to those weird phone calls right?

Anyway those "wii would like to play" commercials were brilliant at the time. I hope they come up with something just as effective. Something unique and attention-grabbing that hasn't been done before.

NeoRausch

Choo! Choo! I just jumped on the hype train! I mean for real 'cause i'm goin on vecation... To "no internet"-land. I hope i can grab some infos at my parents house and my phone (as far the mobile net works over there).

btw: i'm going there to get married. E3, WiiU and a wife. That's going to be THE week!

lednerg

That phone message likely has to do with a (supposed) game called Medium, from the folks who gave us Sadness (or rather, utterly failed to). Nibris, now know as Bloober Team, has to date produced some unremarkable titles for Vita, WiiWare, iOS devices and PC. The whois information for http://medium-game.com/ can be traced to Bloober.

wsippel

Banned
Repost as it was drowned out during the Nintendo Direct announcement:

I hope Nintendo switches to GHS MULTI 6 soon if they haven't already (they used 5.3.11 back in April):

Record-breaking improvements in code speed and size on ARM and Power Architecture. Green Hills Compiler 2012 outperforms both competitors and prior Green Hills Compiler releases by up to 34% on CoreMark speed benchmarks. As an example, Green Hills Compiler 2012 achieved a CoreMark benchmark of 288.11 on a Freescale Kinetis K60 at 100MHz for a record-breaking 2.88 CoreMark/MHz. The nearest published competitor is at 2.17 CoreMark/MHz on this processor. This is a performance improvement of over 32%.
http://www.ghs.com/news/20110927_esc_boston11_MULTI6.html
As exotic and expensive MULTI is, it seems customers actually get something in return. Well, the company would already be out of business if that wasn't the case I guess...

As exotic and expensive MULTI is, it seems customers actually get something in return. Well, the company would already be out of business if that wasn't the case I guess...

I've seen it the first time it was posted I was waiting for someone to explain what it means

is this an increase in hardware performance for the games or just better performance of the dev tool

SolidSnakex said:
There's really no reason for them not to support it. The Wii U will have at least a decent sized fanbase in Japan just due to how well Mario titles sell there now. So, I can't imagine that they'd want to pass that up. But i'm not sure that we'll see them announce the support at E3. I'd think that Nintendo would want to make a bigger deal out of it by having FF15 announced at one of their shows.
It's not like there are many bigger venues. E3 is where we saw such things as XIII and XIV's initial announcements, as well as when we learned XIII (and probably XI? too long ago) would be showing up on Xbox 360.

Ormberg

Thanks, your posts are almost always insightful and the shere post volume makes small bits like these easy to miss.

One hopes N will make devs switch, the performance gains are obvious. Or perhaps devs can switch themselves, the news needs to be communicated though. And tested, obviously.

Antioch

I have no idea what to expect in terms of 1st party software anymore, beyond Pikmin and a Mario game I mean (which I don't expect to be NSMB). Nintendo usually have around 10 games when showing off new systems, so what else will there be? Of course we can look at which developers are most likely to show something, like Retro, Good-Feel, Monolith, but then who knows what they're up to. What I'm trying to say is that I've stopped trying to guess, I'm just gonna let Nintendo surprise me.

suaveric

Was this Nintendo direct thing originally scheduled for Tuesday night and then moved to tonight? I feel like Nintendo had mentioned before this that they were going to have a video discussing the hardware released after their press conference.

Sadist

Was this Nintendo direct thing originally scheduled for Tuesday night and then moved to tonight? I feel like Nintendo had mentioned before this that they were going to have a video discussing the hardware released after their press conference.
Nope, this is different.

Antioch

You mean the discussion with Katsuya Eguchi (Wii U hardware producer), right? The Nintendo E3 site lists them separately, so no, they're not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom