• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because the game registers that you have nekker eyes and hearts and defaults to using those to advance the quest.

Try getting the pig stuff, go back to the dude, drop any nekker eyes/hearts then talk to him. Remember to pick them up afterwards.

gokieks

toasty_T said:
I think it's because the game registers that you have nekker eyes and hearts and defaults to using those to advance the quest.

Try getting the pig stuff, go back to the dude, drop any nekker eyes/hearts then talk to him. Remember to pick them up afterwards.

You can't give him the pig eyes/hearts if you have the Nekker eyes/hearts. But even when you give him the pig eyes/hearts, he still becomes hostile, which judging by the dialogue (and the game guide that came with the digital edition), is unintended.

krzy123

toasty_T said:

If you keep this quest as your active quest, in the top right it just says "Eyes and Hearts", right when this happened it updated to 2/2 Eyes and Hearts. I went to buy the pig's stuff and it changed to 4/2.

I think its bugged anyways.

Inkwell

Banned
I think the quest is bugged. I dropped my nekker eyes and hearts before talking to him, and then got the pig hearts and eyes. It still didn't work.

gdt

Almost at the end, I think. Can either save
Triss or Anais.

I'm going for Triss

I'm just gonna finish up this chapter's sidequests right now first.

I love this game. The leveling upgrades are delicious, I can feel the difference with every new ability. I went mostly swordsman, with a Aard and Quen upgrade. And bomb damage too. Next playthrough (Iorveth) will be more Magic based.

toasty_T said:

Inkwell said:
I think the quest is bugged. I dropped my nekker eyes and hearts before talking to him, and then got the pig hearts and eyes. It still didn't work.
That's exactly what i did, dropped the nekker's organs before talking with the ghost because of this:
krzy123 said:
If you keep this quest as your active quest, in the top right it just says "Eyes and Hearts", right when this happened it updated to 2/2 Eyes and Hearts. I went to buy the pig's stuff and it changed to 4/2.
So going by logic, the intention of the quest is that if you go for the pig eyes and heart there won't be any aggression and a different quest outcome.

Btw, i don't remember what happens if you
trick the ghost and let the 2 guys go, instead of handle them to the authorities?

Solo

gdt5016 said:
Triss or Anais.

I'm going for Triss

I love this game. The leveling upgrades are delicious, I can feel the difference with every new ability. I went mostly swordsman, with a Aard and Quen upgrade. And bomb damage too. Next playthrough (Iorveth) will be more Magic based.

You went Roche first? Smart man.

gdt5016 said:
Triss or Anais.

I'm going for Triss

I think you and I have essentially played the same game. And I'm at that part too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Solo said:
You went Roche first? Smart man.

I did too. The guy saved me in the prologue. Spitting on him wouldn't be smart. I also let him killed
Henselt.
. You don't fuck with my bro Roche,
king or not

Bisnic said:
I did too. The guy saved me in the prologue. Spitting on him wouldn't be smart. I also let him killed
Henselt.
. You don't fuck my bro Roche,
king or not

Same!

Looking forward to playing an alchemy master working with Iorveth on this playthrough :)

Ashour

I need a little help in chapter 2 please.

in the quest hunting magic. the road leading to the layer has a few big rocks that makes the medallion move. I can't interact with them at all. am I supposed to?

I already finished the quest but these rocks are bugging me.

Salaadin

Ashour said:
I need a little help in chapter 2 please.

in the quest hunting magic. the road leading to the layer has a few big rocks that makes the medallion move. I can't interact with them at all. am I supposed to?

I already finished the quest but these rocks are bugging me.

Theyre for another quest.
Baltimores Nightmare

Gvaz

Banned
Inkwell said:
Finally finished the game. I thought the story was OK, and pretty much just sets up the next game. I wish I knew a bit more about the lore and the novels. It might have had a bit more of an impact then. I'll be playing through the game again, but I think I'm going to take a break from it first.
Play the first game.

Though I would have suggested you play the first game first because after playing the second you won't want to play the first.

The first sets up more of the lore, imo.

So I'm trying the Alchemy path, and I hear it's kinda shite. Either way I'm going to go ahead with it.

What do you guys recommend to use for sword and armour enhancements with this path?

So far using bombs and traps has been fun (if a bit time consuming picking up all the traps you set out for enemies XD).

Potions are a real disappointment, needing to meditate for them and the short durations, include blade oils in that second one. I'm contemplating getting the mod which elongates potion and oil effects but don't want to unbalance the game.

Maleficence said:
Potions are a real disappointment, needing to meditate for them and the short durations, include blade oils in that second one. I'm contemplating getting the mod which elongates potion and oil effects but don't want to unbalance the game.
The save from Witcher 1 posted in the OP has like 10 sharping stones. Those enhance damage alot and last like 10 minutes. But i haven't seen then in any of the typical runs.

I like how potions are handled in this game a lot more, if you go alchemy path they last alot and you can even use 4 at the same time. Plus the path encourages the user to be poisoned most of time because of the hughe bonuses gained.

That was a really fun experience. I think I actually liked that the prologue was so difficult. It let me understand the game's systems much better when I got to Flotsam. Now I really want some cool DLC.

Inkwell

Banned
Gvaz said:
Play the first game.

Though I would have suggested you play the first game first because after playing the second you won't want to play the first.

The first sets up more of the lore, imo.
I did play the first game. Right before starting the second game actually. I can see 2 stories unfolding that may even merge. I just feel like I'm dipping my toes into the world of the books and games. Someone who is fully submersed in it probably can catch so much more, and it will make the game more meaningful.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I did play the first game. Right before starting the second game actually. I can see 2 stories unfolding that may even merge. I just feel like I'm dipping my toes into the world of the books and games. Someone who is fully submersed in it probably can catch so much more, and it will make the game more meaningful.

I actually like that fact that I know nothing about Geralt,
Yennifer
, Triss or the whole world surrounding them :p It makes the whole plot and game more intriguing.

It helps to read the The Last Wish (the short story, not the entire collection although it is contained in The Last Wish collection of short stories =/ It's the title story...) since it explains how Geralt and Yennefer first meet. It's actually a pretty funny story.

I wouldn't mind if CDPR somehow worked it into a scenario that you played through at the start of the third game. It's hard to fathom why Geralt cares so much about finding Yennefer without any background knowledge.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
toasty_T said:
It helps to read the The Last Wish (the short story, not the entire collection although it is contained in The Last Wish collection of short stories =/ It's the title story...) since it explains how Geralt and Yennefer first meet. It's actually a pretty funny story.

I wouldn't mind if CDPR somehow worked it into a scenario that you played through at the start of the third game. It's hard to fathom why Geralt cares so much about finding Yennefer without any background knowledge.

there is much more about them in Sword of Destiny. It's sad that it's not translated in English (as it seems).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so.. I'm missing saves. They're in the Witcher 2/Save/ directory. But only the older saves are showing up. Anything from the past week is not showing up in load game

eiskaltnz

subversus said:
there is much more about them in Sword of Destiny. It's sad that it's not translated in English (as it seems).

I am just waiting for the rest to be translated into English.

I finished The Last Wish and I am at the end of Blood of Elves. It is awesome to see some many characters that show up in the game and read about the stories the other characters tell you about. World is so large I can't wait for the next game (and book to be translated).

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I haven't been checking this thread because i didn't want to be spoiled at all.

Well i beat the game yesterday afternoon and went with Roche's path, but picked Triss.

Did i miss anything big by saving Triss instead of helping Roche? I felt like a lot of things weren't really settled in the story or like it ended prematurely.

I'm probably going to start a 2nd playthrough soon, this time siding with Iorveth, but before that i'm probably going to replay certain sections of my first playthrough to see different outcomes and if any story changes.

subversus

AwesomeSauce said:
I haven't been checking this thread because i didn't want to be spoiled at all.

Well i beat the game yesterday afternoon and went with Roche's path, but picked Triss.

Did i miss anything big by saving Triss instead of helping Roche? I felt like a lot of things weren't really settled in the story or like it ended prematurely.

you missed one of the most awesome sequences in the game by saving this red sorceress. Also 50+ attack steel sword.

Bisnic said:
Henselt.
. You don't fuck with my bro Roche,
king or not

Same here. I don't know how people let him live. He's a raping, lying, backstabbing scumbag.

Gvaz

Banned
Yurt said:
I actually like that fact that I know nothing about Geralt,
Yennifer
, Triss or the whole world surrounding them :p It makes the whole plot and game more intriguing.
Me as well.

Inkwell said:

The books cover Geralt's past. The game's cover after geralt's "death", which shouldn't be a spoiler since in both games everyone goes "aren't you supposed to be dead?"

subversus said:
you missed one of the most awesome sequences in the game by saving this red sorceress. Also 50+ attack steel sword.
Indeed.

Saving Triss on either path is the suckier option.

It sort of helped that I knew that if she was harmed she could just heal herself.

The sorceresses in The Witcher universe are pretty powerful when it comes to manipulating their bodies with magic.

My Amazonian avatar was censored :(

IronRinn

I think my Iorveth play-through might prove a tad more interesting, if only because I have almost finished the game with Roche and have just now figured out how to use all the damn mutagens I've been accumulating.

subversus

Sir Garbageman said:
Same here. I don't know how people let him live. He's a raping, lying, backstabbing scumbag.
politics, man. that's all about politics

I killed him too

gdt

Just finished it.

Roche's path, saved Anais, handed her to Radovid, let Letho live. I let him live to build another Witcher's school in the south, killing him would only be useless vengeance really, no matter how much I felt he deserved it.

I'll load up the save and go and save
Triss
this time, then do a full Iorveth playthrough as a Mage with some basic sword skills.

I thought the ending was awesome. Perfect set up for The Witcher 3. The whole world is on fire for the next game. Lots to do.

Definitely in the running for my GOTW (best of the year so far). We'll see how Zelda and Uncharted 3 stack up.

gdt

About as awesome as it gets.

I'll pick up the reload tomorrow morning, then I'll do the Iorveth path in about a week, got lots of backlog to clear out.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I started playthrough two. I can definitely agree that the prologue is a breeze, now, thanks to the nerfing and added experience. It was ridiculously easy, I should have started on hard. I'm going Roche, though, which should be cool. He can't possibly top my bro Iorveth but I like his head towel and stuff.

My performance seems to have benefited from the patches. Even with vsync disabled, it holds nice and steady instead of plummeting and rising like before. Good stuff.

So I can't figure something out. What is the deal with the little energy areas you activate where a timer and icon pop up? What am I supposed to do?

Forkball

In Chapter 2 now. Chapter 1 was pretty amazing. An interesting series of main quests, some good side quests, interesting characters, and gorgeous scenery. I went with Roche, honestly I'm not sure why people would pick Ioreth. Same with Witcher 1, I don't get how people could pick the Scoitiel over the Order or neutral path. They seem so unsympathetic and extreme.

There are so many improvements from the first game, it's very ambitious in terms of storytelling and gameplay. I love how you can meditate anywhere now, it's so useful for time-related quests. All of the signs are really useful, and extra weapons like traps and bombs are vital. Not to mention there are actually swords and armor we can collect, the first game was so woefully lacking in that regard. The monster contracts also manage to not be repetitive since it's not just "kill X amount of monsters" and instead give you different objectives and reward you with something worth a damn. It still has some problems like the inability to drink potions in battle (seriously, awful idea), terrible stealth, and a cluttered inventory system, but the good greatly outweighs the bad.

I have a quick question about Chapter 2.
So I talked to Hemsalt and he opened up the rest of the map, so I thought I'd do some sidequests. It seems like half of the map is unobtainable due to the mist. An inn is marked on the map far away, but I can't figure out how to get there since the mist blocks it. Am I missing a route, or do I need to complete a quest before it goes away?

Forkball said:
I have a quick question about Chapter 2.
So I talked to Hemsalt and he opened up the rest of the map, so I thought I'd do some sidequests. It seems like half of the map is unobtainable due to the mist. An inn is marked on the map far away, but I can't figure out how to get there since the mist blocks it. Am I missing a route, or do I need to complete a quest before it goes away?
That's the half of the map you'd be on if you sided with Iorveth. Although you will see parts of that side eventually, you won't ever have access to the Inn. They probably shouldn't highlight it when you're with Roche. Just gets confusing.

krzy123

Finished Chapter 1 last night, also went with Roche, I think they should have added sidequests related to Iorveth in Ch. 1 this way it would be more convincing to help his side. Anyways ran to into a weird bug, on the End Chapter mission.
Right when I jump into Loredo's backyard (near the whore-chasing merchant), I ended up failing the incense sidequest even though it was listed as successfully completed in the journal. Now it has a red X instead of green check which it use to have. I ended up keep the formula and killing the merchant later, if that matters.

dc89

Okay so I just levelled up and can spend my 1st talent point, which tree would you guys recommend?

I'm gonna guess they are all as good as each other?

krzy123

dc89 said:
Okay so I just levelled up and can spend my 1st talent point, which tree would you guys recommend?

I'm gonna guess they are all as good as each other?

If its your very first talent point, you can only put it into the Witcher tree until you reach level 7 or 8.

dc89

krzy123 said:
If its your very first talent point, you can only put it into the Witcher tree until you reach level 7 or 8.

Should I just spend it then or wait for the other talent trees to be unlocked?

krzy123

dc89 said:
Should I just spend it then or wait for the other talent trees to be unlocked?

You have to spend it, i believe the other trees won't unlock unless you spend 6 or 7 points in that tree. Should have put that when i first answered :).

dc89

krzy123 said:
You have to spend it, i believe the other trees won't unlock unless you spend 6 or 7 points in that tree. Should have put that when i first answered :).

Alright thanks alot, enjoying this game so far the combat is awesome!

gdt

Man, there was a TON of new info recieved by choosing to
save Triss instead of Anais before the end.

Can't wait to replay with the Iorveth path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom