• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

epmode

Yeah, I had to turn on subtitles to understand some of the dialogue. And I HATE subtitles unless I don't understand the language.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I had some issues with the mixing as well. Sometimes the background noise was too loud, making the voice acting hard to hear during conversations. Ex: when you're talking to soldiers in the battlefield in the prologue or when you're chatting with Zoltan and Dandelion in the Flotsam Tavern as the Karyan attacks outside. I had to turn on subtitles to catch everything they were saying. I actually sent CDPR an email about it like a total dingus, glad they're adjusting it.

Rufus said:
No, but I am thankful they fixed all input glitches (if they can be called that) and improved responsiveness. It's one thing to have the animations with more realistic 'wind-up', it's another to get no reaction at all.

Yeah I agree with that for sure. The one thing which really bothers me is that you can't be interrupted when attacking any more. On the one hand it makes the combat flow better and captures the balletic feel of the swordsmanship in the first game, but I can't help but think it will also make the game stupidly easy.

Salaadin

The changelog sounds very nice. I welcome the changes to parrying. Itll my the game easier but itll also remove the annoying feeling of not being able to block because you cast too many spells. A fair trade off :p

Solo

Rufus said:
You either mean Dethmold (the asshole sorcerer) or Henselt (the asshole king). Demavend was the assasins' first target. It's his head that is shown to Iorveth to convince him to help the assasins.

Dethmold, my bad. I was wondering why the name didn't sound right when I was typing it, lolz.

Rufus

jim-jam bongs said:
Yeah I agree with that for sure. The one thing which really bothers me is that you can't be interrupted when attacking any more. On the one hand it makes the combat flow better and captures the balletic feel of the swordsmanship in the first game, but I can't help but think it will also make the game stupidly easy.
Yeah, that's the one change I'm iffy on as well, but I guess they had to solve the stun-locking problems against tight groups (or even pairs) somehow. Those encounters are in large parts only difficult for impatient people like me, and to a smaller extent because of the targeting, which can send Geralt flying right in the middle of things at the worst times. A more measured and tactical approach using bombs or throwing daggers would help, I guess, but it's nice to know that should you find yourself in this situation again, it will be easier to escape at least. Now against single enemies... I was rolling around like a madman already, which, unless I'd get sloppy, would make me nigh untouchable. Add Quen to the mix and it's already quite easy. Though I suppose allowing you to be even sloppier would make it easier still, yes. The difficulty curve is all kinds of messed up with this game, anyway...

We'll see, I'm hoping the core conceit (of 'you are a mutant bred for sword fighting, yes, but don't be an idiot') survives.

Dries

subversus said:
yeah...

people should check out options sometimes, it's a PC game...

I don't have the game yet, still playing Witcher 1 :) But I just wanted to know.

Enjoying Witcher 1 for story and atmosphere, but gameplay is kinda meh. The one thing that's bothering me is so many fetch quests and running back and forth in the same enviroments. I don't bother to soak in the enviroments anymore, I just run as quick as possible from objective marker to objective marker.

Has this changed with The Witcher 2?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Dries said:
Gonna start out with KB+M too when I finally start TW2. I'll try a controller too, but I'm guessing it won't top KB+M.
if they fix inventory management and responsiveness it will feel better with a controller

schnarf

Dries said:
What's the matter?

I may be wrong...but my issue with the inventory while playing with a gamepad is as follows:
While in the inventory, you are unable to use the mouse for quicker inventory control.
It is a "one or the other" type choice when you pick KB+M or gamepad.

Fuck KB/M, controller for life yo.

This is actually really funny to me because I've just spent the last hour arguing for KB/M in the BF3 tournament thread.

Varna

Happy about the post release support... but I'm sad about all the changes to the difficulty.

The game starts out rough but the difficulty just falls apart early into chapter 2. They could have really done something about that but instead they just made it easier.

Gvaz

Banned
Snuggler said:
Absolutely. A real man demands the precision and customization of keyboard and mouse controls. Anything less is unacceptable.
Agreed and /signed forever and ever in all future and past discussions related to kb/m

EN_MAIN_ANNOUCEMENT.png

But still not out :/

RedSwirl

epmode said:
Yeah, I had to turn on subtitles to understand some of the dialogue. And I HATE subtitles unless I don't understand the language.

My main problem was the one part in Chapter 2 Roche path where you have to
interrogate an elf in another language, and you don't get subtitles unless you already have them turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom