• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

I forgot 2.0 was out today. Between this and Binding of Isaac, I'm set for some great gaming for a long time.

Hurry and be over, work.

Minsc

Gold Member
schnarf said:
I may be wrong...but my issue with the inventory while playing with a gamepad is as follows:
While in the inventory, you are unable to use the mouse for quicker inventory control.
It is a "one or the other" type choice when you pick KB+M or gamepad.

You can use the mouse just fine while using a gamepad, you just can't see the cursor. For the true hardcore only! :)

It's a minor inconvenience I agree, however the inferior gamepad controls for inventory are adequate enough to get the job done.

AEREC said:
Are there any added achievements with 2.0 for steam?
I doubt it. They had exactly 50 achievements at launch, which is the 360 limit, so I don't think they'll mess with the number before console launch.

dino1980

Have downloaded the patch and everything went fine.

The problem Im having is that my two 6970 cards in crossfire is just using about 50-60% of there power. Is there a way so they are using 100% on each?

Anyone else unable to DL the patch from the launcher? I also can't find the file on their support site for a manual patch. It keeps sending me in circles.

The Arena is hard, and just today my Motionjoy drivers to use DS3 with the PC aren't working (I prefer the pad for the combat). But seems lots of fun. Anyone has been able to upload scores? Now to try Dark mode..

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Vasilisk said:
The Arena is hard, and just today my Motionjoy drivers to use DS3 with the PC aren't working (I prefer the pad for the combat). But seems lots of fun. Anyone has been able to upload scores? Now to try Dark mode..

How are the controls? Any noticeable change?

toasty_T said:
Almost forgot how good this looks, damn lol

The combat feels a lot zippier. I like what they've done with it.

biggest problem I had was that your magic skills seem to be hit or miss. I'm pretty sure Geralt could only cast if he was completely still or something.

Also did they fix up the inventory somewhat? Hate having to wait for the damn text to scroll.

JohngPR

It seems like the tutorial is borked, it's asking me to press something to get to the inventory, but that actual command is glitched:

There's a portion later in the tutorial that I can't advance past because it asks you to unsheathe your sword and there isn't a button press that I could do that would allow me to.

:(

Red

JohngPR said:
It seems like the tutorial is borked, it's asking me to press something to get to the inventory, but that actual command is glitched:

There's a portion later in the tutorial that I can't advance past because it asks you to unsheathe your sword and there isn't a button press that I could do that would allow me to.

Can't you change what key those commands are bound to?

Mr.Green

Dries said:
What's the matter?
The matter is that they disable KB/M input altogether when you're using a controller when pretty much every game that supports a controller accepts both inputs at the same time.

This way you can navigate menus, inventory and whatnot with the mouse and play with the controller.

That's how real men roll.

I hope Triss is around for more of The Witcher 3.
She looks and sounds like a young tart in this one. I liked her better in the first game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Now that 2.0 is out, I want to restart my Roach playthrough, but I feel compelled to play through Witcher 1 first for the full experience. It just feels right that way. See y'all in 50 hours.

Right guys, how is 360 pad to play the game? I would assume pretty damn good since it's being ported?

I played The Witcher with KB/M but to be honest I struggled. I use a weird setup for games and the number of keys needed got a bit complicated at times. I know I'm shaming the Master Race and my £3000 PC by asking this, but the 360 pad feels good that would be my preference.

Cheers!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Foliorum Viridum said:
Right guys, how is 360 pad to play the game? I would assume pretty damn good since it's being ported?

I played The Witcher with KB/M but to be honest I struggled. I use a weird setup for games and the number of keys needed got a bit complicated at times. I know I'm shaming the Master Race and my £3000 PC by asking this, but the 360 pad feels good that would be my preference.

Cheers!

I played the Witcher 2 all the way on Hard with 360 controller. The game felt so good, it felt natural for me with this (and I usally play keyboard on most PC games outside of a few that felt more to be played like so) so you're in for a treat. Don't be shamed for 360 controller on the PC platform, it's awesome.

KB+M will lead you to the promised land, my friend

Don't listen to him, he's trying to plough your mind.

ZombieFred said:
I played the Witcher 2 all the way on Hard with 360 controller. The game felt so good, it felt natural for me with this (and I usally play keyboard on most PC games outside of a few that felt more to be played like so) so you're in for a treat. Don't be shamed for 360 controller on the PC platform, it's awesome.
Oh I use my 360 pad for most games that aren't FPS! Deus Ex felt much better on the joypad.

Sounds like it will suit me fine. Cheers!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Foliorum Viridum said:
Oh I use my 360 pad for most games that aren't FPS! Deus Ex felt much better on the joypad.

Sounds like it will suit me fine. Cheers!

That's what I did with Deus Ex too, so you can take my word for it :)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
I'm mind-ploughing the shit out of him right now.

788px-Marietta_Loredo_screen1.jpg

Wallach

Snuggler said:
Now that 2.0 is out, I want to restart my Roach playthrough, but I feel compelled to play through Witcher 1 first for the full experience. It just feels right that way. See y'all in 50 hours.

That reminds me that I did not finish my TW replay still. I do still kinda want to do that. Maybe I won't actually get to TW2 this year, haha.

Minsc

Gold Member
JohngPR said:

I think it wants you to push start to open the menu then go to your inventory, and Left / Right on the d-pad should draw the swords. Good thing they have us to do the play-testing, lol. CDP hates gamepads.

Mr.Green

Foliorum Viridum said:

Cheers!

The combat feels much, much better with a controller, and my opinion is the unquestionable truth. They've fucked the inventory UI, though. If nothing has changed in the 2.0 patch you'll unequip random stuff without wanting to before you know it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
JohngPR said:
I already beat the game a while back. I just wanted to check it out since it was new content (a new quest).

I'll probably do the same. I know how to play videogames so I don't need a tutorial, but it's a new quest so it's worth playing. If it's a new environment someone better be taking some shots of it for me .

I kind of feel like I should come back to the fold for 2.0 but I promised myself I'd finish Silent Hill: Homecoming against my better judgement and now I feel obliged. Shouldn't be long anyway.

JohngPR

Minsc said:
I think it wants you to push start to open the menu then go to your inventory, and Left / Right on the d-pad should draw the swords. Good thing they have us to do the play-testing, lol. CDP hates gamepads.

Yea, I figured out the inventory one, but for some reason, it it asked to pull out the swords, left and right on the Dpad did nothing. None of the buttons on the controller did anything as a matter of fact.

Snuggler said:
I'll probably do the same. I know how to play videogames so I don't need
a tutorial, but it's a new quest so it's worth playing. If it's a new environment someone better be taking some shots of it for me .

It looked like a new environment to me:

JohngPR said:

I've been having huge issues with the tutorial. I couldn't even get past the first corpse to loot and I'm just frozen there afterwards...

Skilletor

I haven't been using bombs at all. I've died a bit, but nothing I felt wasn't my fault.

I just made a bunch of bombs. I am all powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom