• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FallingEdge said:
Does this game have native PS3 controller support like it does for the 360 controller?

The PS3 pad isn't natively, but you'll be able to use it if you download MotionInJoy. Basically, it tricks your PC into thinking your PS3 pad is a 360 pad. It's easy to install and it's been super useful for me since I don't have a 360 pad.

a post with details and links:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29172160&postcount=9

EDIT - the motion in joy download page seems to be down, I'll try to find a better link

this should work: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HDEIZXLS

Snuggler said:
The PS3 pad isn't natively, but you'll be able to use it if you download MotionInJoy. Basically, it tricks your PC into thinking your PS3 pad is a 360 pad. It's easy to install and it's been super useful for me since I don't have a 360 pad.

a post with details and links:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29172160&postcount=9

EDIT - the motion in joy download page seems to be down, I'll try to find a better link

this should work: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HDEIZXLS

Dope. I have MotionInJoy installed but I don't think I have the latest signed drivers. I'm assuming that the megaupload link is the latest one. Sucks that the game won't recognize the PS3 controller with the actual on screen prompts and will use the 360 buttons (going from your post anyway).

Thanks!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FallingEdge said:
Dope. I have MotionInJoy installed but I don't think I have the latest signed drivers. I'm assuming that the megaupload link is the latest one. Sucks that the game won't recognize the PS3 controller with the actual on screen prompts and will use the 360 buttons (going from your post anyway).

Thanks!

I can't say for certain that it's the latest one, but it's the best I could find with the MotionInJoy website being down. Hopefully it works.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
jim-jam bongs said:
I got hats so suck on that

I've got GOG version, retail Limited Collector's edition which was activated on Steam, so I have all three versions of the game + swag.

HOW ABOUT THIS??

Pyrrhus

jim-jam bongs said:
Wait, I thought that the jury was still out on whether Geralt has snowy pubes?
His chest hair was dark in the first game before they decided to give him a waxing. For some reason. But his stubble is white in this game. Data inconclusive. You're just going to have to ask any of the women who have been anywhere near him for more definitive information.

In any event, I assume all of his hair is white. It's a side effect from when he went through the Trial of Grasses as a boy to become a Witcher.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Chinner said:
but does he shave the hair between his cheeks?

Good question. I was hoping that 2.0 would add some close-up butthole shots (for the ladies) but I didn't see anything in the patch notes.

Seriously can't picture Geralt shaving his balls, but I have a feeling I could find some stimulus material if I searched Deviant Art.

Pyrrhus said:
In any event, I assume all of his hair is white. It's a side effect from when he went through the Trial of Grasses as a boy to become a Witcher.

It's an NPC bark from one of the games, a peasant woman says something along the lines of "I wonder if his hair is white all over", then giggles ;)

They seriously need to push this goddamn thing out on Steam!

I can finish it in a week I'm sure. If they leave it much longer I might not start it for fear of having not completed it by the time that Dark Souls is out next Friday! :'(

I was so ready to play it all tonight. Grr.

lifa-cobex

Snuggler said:
I just dyed my bush silver like Gerry's hair in honour of the 2.0 update.

yea well i just cut off one of my fingers for a hidden.....wait!....AHHHHHH

Anyone tried the Dark Difficulty yet?

Derrick01

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
They seriously need to push this goddamn thing out on Steam!

I can finish it in a week I'm sure. If they leave it much longer I might not start it for fear of having not completed it by the time that Dark Souls is out next Friday! :'(

I was so ready to play it all tonight. Grr.

Seriously why do they have such a hard time getting the Steam patches out on time? Is this some hidden exclusive "feature" for buying the GoG version instead?

wiggleb0t

Banned
Stopped playing this halfway through Chapter 2 when 2.0 was mentioned.

Aside from combat I hope performance and other graphic/engine issues have been optimized.

744mb patch mmmm chunky.

Performance is still rubbish on tri 5870 with each gpu being utilized roughly 40% yet framerate still dipping into mid 20s in intense scenes.
Vsync still does not work.
Health bars still not present all the time (think this is ATI related only) catalyst 11.10
:(

Complistic

Derrick01 said:
Seriously why do they have such a hard time getting the Steam patches out on time? Is this some hidden exclusive "feature" for buying the GoG version instead?

Valve has a verification process for patches.

JohngPR said:
It seems like the tutorial is borked, it's asking me to press something to get to the inventory, but that actual command is glitched:

There's a portion later in the tutorial that I can't advance past because it asks you to unsheathe your sword and there isn't a button press that I could do that would allow me to.

:(
just saw. i don't have this problem.

EDIT: Finished the tutorial with no problems. i guess you can just restart and make sure you report to the dev about it.

taoofjord

I've been playing this for the past week... currently in chapter 1. Do I need to restart the game to get the benefits of the 2.0 patch?

Solo

jim-jam bongs said:
Actually it was only 1.2GB, looks like they finally fixed that sheeit

Thank god. The worst was when they released like 4 patches in the first week or two of release and Steam downloaded the entire game each time.

Skilletor

The tutorial is glitched out for me. Can't get past the equip screen.

I just got bodied by some super nekker thing doing the Kayran quest. Feels good, man.

Performance seems the same. I loaded up a save in the camp and the fps are just what I remembered before patch. The new tutorial is "hand-holding" at its best for the 3 minutes I played of it. Do people really need to be told how each little thing works. I'm glad CD Projekt released the game without the tutorial. It would have given the impression of "consolitis."

I'm out bitches!

Team Roche!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
bigjimmystyle said:
I really want to play the original before I buy this, but can you get a pad working for the first Witcher?

No native support. It's designed with keyboard and mouse controls in mind, but I think Dr. Jim-Jang Bongs set up an Xpadder profile or something like that.

This for a 360 controller:

Code:
;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---
DataType=Profile
Version=2010.11.17
Name=The Witcher
Set2StickDeadZones=237,64
Set1Button1Name=I/J/M
Set1Button1SetSelect=1
Set1Button2Name=Qs 3/H
Set1Button2Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.75s,H,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,8,RELEASE ZONE 0.65s
Set1Button3Name=Qs 1
Set1Button3Slots=6
Set1Button4Name=Qs 2/L
Set1Button4Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.75s,L,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,7,RELEASE ZONE 0.65s
Set1Button5Name=Prev. Sign
Set1Button5Slots=HOLD ZONE 1.00s,F9,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Equals,RELEASE ZONE 0.25s,4,RELEASE ZONE 0.75s
Set1Button6Name=Next Sign
Set1Button6Slots=HOLD ZONE 1.00s,F5,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Minus,RELEASE ZONE 0.25s,1,RELEASE ZONE 0.75s
Set1Button7Name=Esc/Steam
Set1Button7Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.75s,Left Shift,Tab,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Escape,RELEASE ZONE 0.65s
Set1Button8Name=Pause
Set1Button8Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.25s,Left Control,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1Button10Name=Pause
Set1Button10Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.25s,Left Control,Left Mouse Button (1),RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Space,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1DPadUpName=Strong/Holster
Set1DPadUpSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.75s,Tab,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Z,RELEASE ZONE 0.65s
Set1DPadRightName=StSw/NeWe
Set1DPadRightSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.25s,Right Square Bracket,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Q,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1DPadDownName=Fast/Group
Set1DPadDownSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.25s,C,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,X,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1DPadLeftName=SiSw/PrWe
Set1DPadLeftSlots=HOLD ZONE 0.25s,Left Square Bracket,RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,E,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s
Set1Stick1UpSlots=Arrow Up
Set1Stick1UpTurbo=1
Set1Stick1UpTurboRate=25
Set1Stick1RightSlots=Arrow Right
Set1Stick1RightTurbo=1
Set1Stick1RightTurboRate=25
Set1Stick1DownSlots=Arrow Down
Set1Stick1DownTurbo=1
Set1Stick1DownTurboRate=25
Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Arrow Left
Set1Stick1LeftTurbo=1
Set1Stick1LeftTurboRate=25
Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Set2Button1Slots=HOLD ZONE 0.10s
Set2Button1SetSelect=0
Set2Button2Slots=8
Set2Button3Slots=Left Control,Left Mouse Button (1)
Set2Button4Slots=6
Set2Button5Slots=Equals
Set2Button6Slots=Minus
Set2Button7Slots=Space
Set2Button8Slots=Escape
Set2Button9Slots=Alt
Set2Button10Slots=Enter
Set2DPadUpSlots=I
Set2DPadRightSlots=E
Set2DPadDownSlots=Tab
Set2DPadLeftSlots=Q
Set2Stick1UpSlots=Arrow Up
Set2Stick1RightSlots=Arrow Right
Set2Stick1DownSlots=Arrow Down
Set2Stick1LeftSlots=Arrow Left
Set2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up
Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right
Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down
Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32
Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left
Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32
Set2TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)
Set2TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)

Not all my work, it's based off one I found online but with the annoying parts changed. You can get Xpadder here:

http://xpadder.com/

It does cost about $10 but it's like Fraps, once you have it you'll use it so much that it seems like a steal.

Minamu

So how good is the gameplay now? :) It felt pretty good, but weird, controller wise before. Might have to restart just to see it all.

(._.)

Banned
I'm three hours in and the game just patched for me. I started it last Saturday. Guess it is gonna play a bit different than what I started off with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom