• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Foliorum Viridum said:
Act 2 still isn't grabbing me. I've warmed to the location and characters, but the quests to find the cure for that certain ailment is boring and the story has slowed down considerably.

Ive said from day 1 that Act 1 > the rest of the game.

Exuro

I tweeted The Witcher guys about a roche expansion since he's the most badass supporting character and they said some people could say the same thing about Iorveth. wtf man.

Gvaz

Banned
There's your problem. You're not playing on Roche's side.

Also I'm not offended by people saying I have bad taste cause I tell that to others as well.

Kyaw

Act 1 > Act 2

Act 2's the Succubus Side quest = best side quest
Act 3 is just meeh.

I did enjoy the banter between the dwarves in Act 2 Iorveth path.
Roche's path is better though.

Complistic

Foliorum Viridum said:
Act 2 still isn't grabbing me. I've warmed to the location and characters, but the quests to find the cure for that certain ailment is boring and the story has slowed down considerably.

That's because you picked the wrong side.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
If the path I picked is really that shit compared to the other one then that's a huge failure of the game.

But I find it hard to believe that would be the case.

They both have their high points and low points.

Iorveth's path has slower and more serene [?] pace compared to Roche's badass path.

Exuro

One thing I didn't like about Iorveth's path is the area in act 2, while nice and atmospheric, is really cramped feeling. I enjoy much more open areas like the forest in act 1and the fields roche act2 .

Solo

Foliorum Viridum said:
If the path I picked is really that shit compared to the other one then that's a huge failure of the game.

But I find it hard to believe that would be the case.

You have chosen...poorly.

I'll re-load my save and go the other route once I've finished the game to see how they compare.

I really do prefer Iorveth as a character and find having him there one of the best aspects of the second chapter so far, though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lol people talking about an "Act 3" like if there actually exists a third act.

Kyaw

Exuro said:
One thing I didn't like about Iorveth's path is the area in act 2, while nice and atmospheric, is really cramped feeling. I enjoy much more open areas like the forest in act 1and the fields roche act2 .

If you really think about it, the Flotsam forest is quite cramped.
It's just different atmospheres man.

Gvaz

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I really do prefer Iorveth as a character and find having him there one of the best aspects of the second chapter so far, though.
Not after chapter 2 you wont.

squidyj

Exuro said:

I prefered that greatly to the Roche Path. Henselt's camp was just ugly

Exuro

squidyj said:
I prefered that greatly to the Roche Path. Henselt's camp was just ugly
Sure but I don't want to be spending my time inside the camp/city, I want to be out witching and Roche's scenery was much better when you were out doing that.

Kyaw said:
If you really think about it, the Flotsam forest is quite cramped.
It's just different atmospheres man.
The thing is the forest felt spread out but dense. It felt like in Act 2 that I was spending the majority of my time running through the city. They are different atmopsheres sure, I just liked the atmospheres of act 1 and act 2 roche more than act 2 vergen.

Dennis

Banned
OK, so I gather there is some kind of major branching decision point?

Could someone post what the "right" choice is for best scenery? Spoiler it so others don't get info they don't want.

squidyj

Exuro said:
Sure but I don't want to be spending my time inside the camp/city, I want to be out witching and Roche's scenery was much better when you were out doing that.

The thing is the forest felt spread out but dense. It felt like in Act 2 that I was spending the majority of my time running through the city. They are different atmopsheres sure, I just liked the atmospheres of act 1 and act 2 roche more than act 2 vergen.

I still preferred the quarry, the hills, and the river around Vergen to the mostly flat area that spread out around the camp.

Salaadin

Regarding scenery:
If you deny your broship with Roche and choose Iorveths path, you still get to explore the vast majority of Roches path with the exception of the main camp where Henselt is. You only get to sneak through there for one mission which doesnt allow for much exploring.

If you go with BROches path, you get all of Henselts camp and the areas around it. You still get to explore the majority of Iorveths path and see just outside of Vergen but you arent allowed into Vergen at all.

Personally, I enjoyed Roches path more. The camp itself is kinda boring but all of outlying areas are so nice.

So I'm kinda towards the end of act 2 I think now and things played out interestingly

I just
went through the fog to look for Tiss
and this is how I did it:

- I didn't want to do stealth, so I went through the caves with the monsters.
- I think I took a wrong turn because I bumped into a guard and he took my weapons away.
- They tried to behead me, but Roche saved me just in time. Triss has been taken away on the ship.

Maybe it was always going to play out that way, but it felt like a section where loads of different things could happen. Pretty cool!

Complistic

Started raining during the Melitele's Heart ritual. o_O

witcher2201110051531100.png

Dries

From TW1 thread:

Now I'm realizing I am literally forcing myself to complete The Witcher 1. The only reason I keep on playing is just so that I won't miss anything story related in The Witcher 2. But I'm not enjoying the game really anymore. Thinking I'll just read the story on wiki or something and watch the cut scenes on YouTube.

Tell me GAF, should I soldier on with the game or not? And what harm will it do if I don't complete TW1? I know I won't have a save file to import.. and that kinda sucks.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I say you finish it! Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I love TW1 just as much as 2, if not more. I've been replaying it and it's so damn good bros.

Relax.MX

Dries said:
From TW1 thread:

Now I'm realizing I am literally forcing myself to complete The Witcher 1. The only reason I keep on playing is just so that I won't miss anything story related in The Witcher 2. But I'm not enjoying the game really anymore. Thinking I'll just read the story on wiki or something and watch the cut scenes on YouTube.

Tell me GAF, should I soldier on with the game or not? And what harm will it do if I don't complete TW1? I know I won't have a save file to import.. and that kinda sucks.

You are a bad person, dont deserve help..

The Witcher is excellent...(buy the books)

Snuggler..im with you...and even more radical i like more 1

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Relax.MX said:
You are a bad person, dont deserve help..

The Witcher is excellent...(buy the books)

Off with his balls!

(that reminds me, why haven't I read those books yet? I need to get on that)

Dries said:
From TW1 thread:

Tell us how far you are :p.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Dries said:
From TW1 thread:

You can leave it but you will miss best story twists in the history of gaming. And reading it on wiki won't make it judgement. When you discover them by yourself it's magical.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
So I'm kinda towards the end of act 2 I think now and things played out interestingly

I just
went through the fog to look for Tiss
and this is how I did it:

- I didn't want to do stealth, so I went through the caves with the monsters.
- I think I took a wrong turn because I bumped into a guard and he took my weapons away.
- They tried to behead me, but Roche saved me just in time. Triss has been taken away on the ship.

Maybe it was always going to play out that way, but it felt like a section where loads of different things could happen. Pretty cool!

The bit where
you get your weapons taken away and shit is supposed to happen. And BROche saves your ass! :D

Dries said:
Chapter 4.

You guys are making this decision hard. But I simply am not enjoying myself. I don't want to end up hating the game..
You're pretty close to the end, I'd say just use some invincible mod so you don't have to worry about the shitty combat and then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom