• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gvaz said:
I haven't heard of anyone who's pirated the game getting those issues so they didn't do a good job

They had to take all of that out when they nuked the DRM. Also: kill anyone who pirates this game. It's what I've been doing.

CDPR is untouchable in that sense, is the last videogame company in the world an user could find any reason to pirate their stuff. 30 U.S. when other companies are charging 60 for a download that fails to work correctly the first day in half of the user base vidcards.

Anyway is there a youtube compilation with all the copy protection altered stuff?

Letho be kicking my ass unholy style on Dark mode. First run through the game. I can get him to 50% whittling away at him. Just a matter of time but god damn.

Solo said:
First time? Use Quen, use bombs to knock his quen out, roll, and attack.

A direct hit with a grapeshot takes approximately 2% off his lifebar. It takes 3-4 to drop his Quen. It seems like if I use Quen and keep range he will spam his Quen and lob all his nasty bombs,signs at me. And he can basically insta gib me with a single mistake.

Gonna try to keep it close and just roll around him doing aard combos on him. Taking a breather for awhile.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Arena is hard and my witcher skills are rusty. They definitely improved responsiveness and it's easier to bring Geralt down now.

I want mod tools.

Heh defeated Letho after two attempts of stick close and aard combo. If he popped a Quen id retreat and lay traps/Yrden till it wore off. I didnt realize he only had to hit 50% for the fight to resolve. Didn't even need to pop a lightning bolt/swallow/tawny.

If I could only find this Cedric character, three false trails so far.

Where do I find the dark set diagrams in chapter 2. And is it worth crafting the set on my first play through of the game? Or should I just purchase/craft the best normal items in the game?

Salaadin

kyubajin said:
Is there any hint or glint of hope this game will ever get a PS3 port after the 360 one?

They teased it at the end of one of the trailers a while back:
2djz7l0.jpg

Pretty sure theyve been asked in interviews too and they werent opposed to the idea, just focusing on 360 right now.

kyubajin

Salaadin said:
They teased it at the end of one of the trailers a while back:

Pretty sure theyve been asked in interviews too and they werent opposed to the idea, just focusing on 360 right now.
Oh lovely! Guess I'll have to wait a couple of years but better late than never.

You would be better off saving up to buy a platform the game is actually being released on than waiting years for something which is probably not going to happen.

subversus

jim-jam bongs said:
You would be better off saving up to buy a platform the game is actually being released on than waiting years for something which is probably not going to happen.

One platform for one game? Meh
He will be able to play on a netbook in two years time though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If the 360 version tanks I'd say the PS3 version will be scrapped.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
subversus said:
It won't tank, it will sell solid numbers for a year-late port.

I'm not from the future nor am I a gambling man so I won't jump to any conclusions at this stage, other than if the 360 version tanks or under performs I cant CDP bothering with a PS3 release.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think it will sell very well on 360, leading to Microsoft buying CD-Projekt and securing the next five Witcher games as Xbox exclusives.

subversus

EatChildren said:
I'm not from the future nor am I a gambling man so I won't jump to any conclusions at this stage, other than if the 360 version tanks or under performs I cant CDP bothering with a PS3 release.

I think they will scrap it anyway because it's the end of a console cycle. Or may be not. Or may be yes. I don't know. Or...

subversus

Snuggler said:
I think it will sell very well on Xbox, leading to Microsoft buying CD-Projekt and securing the next five Witcher games as 360 exclusives.

Yes, this is the most likely scenario.

subversus said:
I think they will scrap it anyway because it's the end of a console cycle. Or may be not. Or may be yes. I don't know. Or...

It will depend on whether Sony announces that the PS4 will use a similar architecture to the PS3 or not (i.e. will it use a Cell). If PS4 is a Cell system it would still make sense to port the RedEngine to PS3 since they'll be able to keep using it.

RedSwirl

Even if they did decide to work on a PS3 port, how long would that take? Fall 2012 at the earliest?

Even though with the 360 version they will have already ported the game to console specs, they still have to optimize it for PS3 which is the most different out of the three platforms.

Right now I just hope the 360 version doesn't get smothered by Mass Effect 3 next March.

squidyj

Aurarian said:
Is it worth using the vitality mutagens? I don't really have many mutagens. Only three(two are greater vitality and one madness).

I mean, if you could farm forever, you would put madness in every single mutagen slot you have, it's the best there ever was. Just remember that Mutagens are PERMANENT. If you put in a crappy vitality now you will never be able to change it for the rest of that game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Snuggler said:
I think it will sell very well on 360, leading to Microsoft buying CD-Projekt and securing the next five Witcher games as Xbox exclusives.

Excuse me, I'm just going to go into the bathroom and eat a gun.

Chinner

Banned
Snuggler said:
no doubt microsoft will probably try and force them to use GFWL.

Complistic

I gotta say of all the little details in the game, the comet in act 2 and 3 has got to be my favorite. It just shows the attention to detail in every aspect.

witcher2201110151656121.png

Solo

I'm not gonna go find it, but we dicussed it at length, and from what we deciphered (and trust me, your idea was mentioned) it had to be a glitch.

SmokyDave

I also thought it was a comet. Whatever it is, it was damned cool.

I haven't had nearly enough time to play this game. I either need to lose my friends, my family, my missus or my job.

Snuggler said:
I suspect this is a sad inevitability. Once they taste that console cash, you may not see them for dust :(

Complistic

Vasilisk said:
Meh, when I discovered it I thought it was the Wild Hunt, LOL

This seems just as likely really. Reading the wiki it says The Wild Hunt, like a comet, is considered an ill omen, a harbinger of disaster and war. I think you're free to think whatever you want when it comes to it.

Salaadin

SmokyDave said:
I suspect this is a sad inevitability. Once they taste that console cash, you may not see them for dust :(

This better not happen. They would lose all credibility considering how pro-PC they are and how much they talk up their fanbase that consists of nothing but PC gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom