• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
zlatko said:
No avatars from OP? :( Was hoping for some sexy Iorveth avatars to tempt to change my current avatar.

most were used up.

they aren't that great but here are a few character cut outs I made:

iorvethavatarehsn.png
vernonavatarrikv.png

zlatko

Banned
Snuggler said:
most were used up.

they aren't that great but here are a few character cut outs I made:

dandelionavatarbi0n.png
iorvethavatarehsn.png
kingslayeravatar7iyq.png
vernonavatarrikv.png
zoltanavatariizu.png

Tempting, but I'm sure someone else will want them more.

I see you on Steam non stop. I suppose I'll see you even more once this drops huh? :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
zlatko said:
Tempting, but I'm sure someone else will want them more.

I see you on Steam non stop. I suppose I'll see you even more once this drops huh? :D

Oh yeah. I'll be in deep, that's for sure. But since I'll be playing the GOG version, my coveted steam rating of 10 will probably dwindle away. :(

Fox318

Snuggler said:
Oh yeah. I'll be in deep, that's for sure. But since I'll be playing the GOG version, my coveted steam rating of 10 will probably dwindle away. :(
I think you can maintain your steam rating just by adding the .exe to steam.

nero2082

Gully State said:
Wait what? CE owners get to play it early?

yeah, at least in Poland

midnight today (25mins ago) - CE
midnight tomorrow - premium ed

there's already a drama in comments section (zomg delay?!?!!) in polish version of the site, I'd prepare for the same tomorrow for you guys tbh

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sethos said:
Mind if I snatch that one

Thank god they changed Zoltan's design.

That little bastard had a terrifying face in the first game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pankaks said:
Thank god they changed Zoltan's design.

That little bastard had a terrifying face in the first game.

Still not as terrifying as this guy. He was just a generic character but he had a unique face, unlike the many pallet change characters, and what a freaky face it was. Those eyes...

crazyeyesphy1.jpg

he was in the castle in ch. 5

Can someone who has experience with Good Old Games please help me?

I decided to cancel my Steam order and go with GOG. I downloaded their installer program, I go to my library and click on Witcher 2. A screen comes up with a list like "broswer 1.... 2GB, browswer 2..... 2gb, etc. At the bottom there is a link that says "Add to GOG downloader 9.6 GB. So I click on this and nothing happens. I try restarting my PC. Still nothing happens. I try opening the download itself and it is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Sethos

Banned
EternalGamer said:

I decided to cancel my Steam order and go with GOG. I downloaded their installer program, I go to my library and click on Witcher 2. A screen comes up with a list like "broswer 1.... 2GB, browswer 2..... 2gb, etc. At the bottom there is a link that says "Add to GOG downloader 9.6 GB. So I click on this and nothing happens. I try restarting my PC. Still nothing happens. I try opening the download itself and it is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Tried another browser? Perhaps it can't parse in the link from the browser your using. Generic suggestion, haven't got anything else :)

Ebris

Fox318 said:
Hope you guys don't mind me picking up this one!

Also, man. I gotta finish TW1 soon. Got up to Chapter 3 a year ago when I was forced to wipe my HD and didn't pick it up until recently. God, I dunno if I can handle putting off TW2 until I finish.

Tokubetsu

EternalGamer said:

What am I doing wrong?

AS sethos said, try another browser. I believe I saw someone complain about this in a thread on the GoG forums. Try it in Chrome.

greenry

EternalGamer said:

What am I doing wrong?

Worked for me using Chrome.

epmode

EternalGamer said:

What am I doing wrong?
It works for my Firefox and IE. I don't really understand how your browser understands to use the downloader EXE when you click that link so I can't help there.

What I'd suggest is that you just download the 5 separate files instead since that'll be faster in the long run. The downloader automatically breaks everything up into ~200 smaller chunks that are joined once everything is received. Takes much longer than the regular installation.

Matll

GoG has so much better servers than Steam. I'm currently downloading Witcher 2 at my full speed (over 12mb/sec) when I usually get like 1 mb/s or less from Steam. About 15 minutes for almost 10 gigs is pretty darn nice.

Salaadin

EternalGamer said:

What am I doing wrong?

Any windows pop up that you didnt see? Check to make sure the taskbar is clear.
In Chrome, I would get a message popup that said "To perform this action, Chrome needs to launch an external app" and when I hit ok, it launched fine.

EDIT: I have a GOG related question too. Does the downloader auto-detect new files and unpause itself when it needs to grab something or do I need to manually un-pause it? I ask because I want to know if I leave the downloader running overnight, will it auto DL the remaining files and be ready in the morning.

Salaadin said:
Any windows pop up that you didnt see? Check to make sure the taskbar is clear.
In Chrome, I would get a message popup that said "To perform this action, Chrome needs to launch an external app" and when I hit ok, it launched fine.

EDIT: I have a GOG related question too. Does the downloader auto-detect new files and unpause itself when it needs to grab something or do I need to manually un-pause it? I ask because I want to know if I leave the downloader running overnight, will it auto DL the remaining files and be ready in the morning.

Yeah, I got the message asking me if I want to allow the program and I clicked through. Then nothing happens.

I tried this with Firefox, then with Internet Explorer, then I went and downloaded Chrome and tried that too. Same thing with each.

I also tried redownloading the GOG downloader. And I tried opening up the GOG downloader straight. I can't even get the damn thing to open (it opened once before I restarted). I scanned my PC for virus or other possible problems and found nothing wrong.

This is my first GOG purchase and it sure as hell isnt' getting off on the right foot. This is why I like Steam. Shit just works. I just lost over an hour trying to click through a fucking download page. That's pretty damn annoying.

delirium

EternalGamer said:
Yeah, I got the message asking me if I want to allow the program and I clicked through. Then nothing happens.

I tried this with Firefox, then with Internet Explorer, then I went and downloaded Chrome and tried that too. Same thing with each.

I also tried redownloading the GOG downloader. And I tried opening up the GOG downloader straight. I can't even get the damn thing to open (it opened once before I restarted). I scanned my PC for virus or other possible problems and found nothing wrong.

This is my first GOG purchase and it sure as hell isnt' getting off on the right foot. This is why I like Steam. Shit just works. I just lost over an hour trying to click through a fucking download page. That's pretty damn annoying.
I guess you weren't around when Steam first launched.

Ok, it's finally downloading now after I restarted my PC for the third time.

I still am not sure what the problem is, but at least it is working now.

On the plus side, I got around to actually trying out Chrome and I think I will now make it my default broswer. I like the minimalist interface and it seems a bit faster.

Tokubetsu

EternalGamer said:
Ok, it's finally downloading now after I restarted my PC for the third time.

I still am not sure what the problem is, but at least it is working now.

On the plus side, I got around to actually trying out Chrome and I think I will now make it my default broswer. I like the minimalist interface and it seems a bit faster.

Yep, Chrome is amazing =)

People, what's the consensus about the unlock time of the GoG version? After searching around the web I'm not sure if it's tomorrow 10:00 PM GMT or the other time (07:00 AM GMT I believe)

Tokubetsu

Vasilisk said:
People, what's the consensus about the unlock time of the GoG version? After searching around the web I'm not sure if it's tomorrow 10:00 PM GMT or the other time (07:00 AM GMT I believe)

7Am GMT seems to be the legit date.

Tokubetsu said:
7Am GMT seems to be the legit date.

Yeah, saw the 7am GMT as official on GOG last night, and they indicated they had update the FAQ to reflect this.

3AM Eastern time for Americans.

So that is like 32 hours from right now.

EternalGamer said:
So that would be 1AM Central Standard Time Tuesday morning, right?

2AM

I guess Daylight Savings was giving me bad info. Or bad maths. Whatever. I've correct my previous misinformation. Previous posters were correct. 3AM Eastern, 2AM central, and you do the math further along the line.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Coldsnap said:
Wonder what this will look like on my 54" Plasma with a GTX 560, i5 2500k, and 4 gigs of ram running @ 1920 x 1080

terrible, most likely

Anyways, I'm probably gonna be awake for the preload even thought that's super late. Guess I better stock up on red bulls.

DaBuddaDa said:
For all "can my computer play this game?" questions, check out:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

The Witcher 2 is in there now to check against.

I don't know what your performance will be, but it will certainly be able to run the game.

The problem is that passing the minimum and being able to run the game may mean barely scraping 15fps at 640x480 on all the lowest settings.

It really drives me crazy how theres never a decent benchmark or what have you for PC games. There should be SOMETHING that tells me how I can run the game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So, I thought The Witcher 1 was supposed to give you a clear game save, apparently not? So do I just import my save from the Epilogue into Witcher 2 come Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom