• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignignort

It's not cracked yet which is good!

1_) Mount or burn
2_) Select Angielski pakiet for English at the setup
3_) Mount DVD2 when asked & finish setup
4_) After setup go to bin folder & run Configuration.exe for English settings
4_) Wait4 Crack

Sober

bengraven said:
Yyyyyeah, had no plans on using it, but after looking at those controls...totally gonna.

Block is E, signs are middle mb? All sounds really awkward with kb/m.
Remapping the controls also are an option. I'm thinking of that, since I'm so used to other action games using RMB as a "block" like AssCreed, etc.

Exuro

Sober said:
Remapping the controls also are an option. I'm thinking of that, since I'm so used to other action games using RMB as a "block" like AssCreed, etc.
That would make the controls really awkward though. What would you set strong attacks to? I would probably set block to a side button and leave light/strong swings alone.

Hold on - so how many hours now until the GOG version is released / available?

Did it change over night? I can't access the GOG website from work so I've got no way to check it unfortunately.

I'm in Australia so trying to figure out those times 7 GMT blah blah just means gibberish to me.

Where is 7 GMT?

Snapshot King said:
I've asked a dozen times and no one can even ballpark it for me, any idea what a 4850 (512) would do? All I want is a decent framerate on 720p, no matter how low those settings have to go.
I'm definitely not the best person to be answering, but going off of google I would think you might be alright. I would assume you would be at least in the medium range, but I bet you could get a couple of high settings.

Like I said, though, I definitely am not the best person to take their word for. I just feel bad that nobody has responded yet.

Minsc

Gold Member
Ignignort said:

This is about the only DRM worth a damn, pirates can't code in the missing 50MBs of data from scratch. Only way it can get cracked is if the super-trusted from CDP let it slide.

May be part of the reason there's no review copies yet as well, as the review copies could be used in the pirating. Oh well, what you can do. All games are pirated, The Witcher 2 will be no different. What's good is that at least it makes the pirates wait until the legitimate buyers get it.

Snapshot King said:
I've asked a dozen times and no one can even ballpark it for me, any idea what a 4850 (512) would do? All I want is a decent framerate on 720p, no matter how low those settings have to go.

Typographenia has a pretty good guess. That's the recommended GPU, spare the RAM. So probably no high textures. A GTX 260 runs the preview code at around 30fps on high, but it is typically 25-30% faster than a 4850, however for some reason TW2 specs list them as if they were equal. I'd expect a mix of medium and high, especially given the 720p. A little over one more day until we know for sure.

Zeliard

ColonialRaptor said:

Did it change over night? I can't access the GOG website from work so I've got no way to check it unfortunately.

I'm in Australia so trying to figure out those times 7 GMT blah blah just means gibberish to me.

Where is 7 GMT?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

gillty

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:

Where is 7 GMT?
-7 GMT is North American Mountain Time, +7 GMT is in Bangkok.

Minsc

Gold Member
Someone needs to figure out when the Polish CE unlocks, by some counts from google searches it is like in an hour or so. It's definitely on the 16th in GMT, which I think is upon us.

Coldsnap

Broke and pre-ordered, even though the shitty mini hdmi to hdmi cable that came with my MSI card broke today; so I wont be able to play until I get one from amazon on Wednesday.

ColonialRaptor said:

Where is 7 GMT?

I'm in Sydney, from what I can work out it will unlock for us at 5pm tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday).

gdt

Hopefully we get some info on a quad core AMD 6770m's performance. 6 GB RAM. Got that coming in tomorrow...

Also starting The Witcher soon as I get that laptop, will buy TW2 if I dig it.

Zeliard

Minsc said:
Someone needs to figure out when the Polish CE unlocks, by some counts from google searches it is like in an hour or so. It's definitely on the 16th in GMT, which I think is upon us.

Their site says this:

Activation and playing the game will be possible:
- at 00:01 hour at the night between 15th and 16th May for the Collector's Edition
- at 00:01 hour on 17th May for the Premium Edition
- at 09:01 hour on 17th May for the digital editions

A minute after midnight, presumably GMT time. Should be unlocked now.

zonezeus

Minsc said:

It should unlock 3 and a half hours ago, at 00:01 central european time. It's currently 03:40 in Poland and due to some technical fuck-up it still doesn't work :( I hope that when I get home from work in 4 hours everything will be up and working, I need my Witcher fix and I need it TODAY!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
BanShunsaku said:
I'm in Sydney, from what I can work out it will unlock for us at 5pm tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday).
Yep, that's what i predicted to, hope that is accurate, because that's a good time.:D

Easy_D said:
So, I thought The Witcher 1 was supposed to give you a clear game save, apparently not? So do I just import my save from the Epilogue into Witcher 2 come Tuesday?
I have a save after the final battle and before the final cutscene in the
courtyard

There isn't a clear game save file which is pretty silly.

LOZLINK

I don't even know If I can run this, but I bought it regardless. Witcher is my favourite RPG this generation, so I felt obliged to buy it.

BanShunsaku said:

Yep - You're right.

Awesome! That's just when I finish work tomorrow :D

It's interesting thinking about this game unlocking with the online time unlock / online key.

Because - the game at retail goes on actual sale tomorrow, but if I was to buy it in the store - take it home, would I not be able to play it until it was enabled online? Because if that is the case, I'm sure there are going to be some pretty p o'd people!

LOZLINK

ColonialRaptor said:
Yep - You're right.

Awesome! That's just when I finish work tomorrow :D
Awesome, it'll be ready when I get home since i preloaded it already. Might not start it til I beat the Witcher again though, on chapter 2 now on my 3rd playthrough.

Varna

Exuro said:
The game will be up at noon unfortunately and I've pretty much given up on a preload for Monday. Hopefully Steam's servers are working...

I mean the pre-load... but yeah, they probably will keep that feature GOG only (even some I do recall them saying otherwise) :(

iNvid02

go with whatever you find most comfortable.

i cant play with kb/mouse so always play with a pad
even if i could i dont like being close to the screen and hunched over my desk.

Varna

striKeVillain! said:
Is an Xbox 360 pad the way to play this game?

I'll admit I always wanted to the the first game with a gamepad. Outside of the inventory is seemed like a perfect fit. This game looks like it resolved that issue. I'm definitely going to play this on my couch. :)

Exuro

iNvidious01 said:
go with whatever you find most comfortable.

i cant play with kb/mouse so always play with a pad
even if i could i dont like being close to the screen and hunched over my desk.
You don't have to be close to the screen nor do you need to be hunched.

nero2082

Minsc said:

you are correct,

they said they will get it done till dawn, people joked in comments that dawn is around 4:40 AM, so they confirmed that's their deadline :)

20mins from now, we'll see

matmanx1

Is there a method for taking multiple pre-order bonuses and putting them on one copy of the game that has been discussed? I've got the GOG version pre-loaded but I'm also picking up a retail CE from Gamestop which will get me the Commando jacket DLC and the Mysterious Merchant DLC. I'd obviously like to take those 2 items and apply them to my GOG version if possible.

Also, after checking with Gamestop today it looks like they will be getting The Witcher 2 in stores tomorrow although allocations look to be tight. If your local store is hosting a midnight launch for LA Noire you can probably up your retail copy of The Witcher 2 at the same time.

zonezeus

CDP's facebook wall is hilarious right now - nerdrage, jokes, Witcher-based humour, Shakespeare, people counting seconds to dawn in every city in Poland, suggestions for hook-ups and all kinds of other crazy shit. So glad I'm not a part of this :D

Ignignort said:

Their anti-piracy measure is pretty cool. Basically they didn't include some crucial files on the disk and they will download when the game is unlocked. Stops the game from leaking and being played early. Hopefully it leads to more sales, they deserve as much of those as possible.

So the game has been officially cracked? Sucks if it's true. Hopefully CDPR unlocks the game for all the legitimate customers if that's the case.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Keep the stupid piracy talk away. Like sharing that info is relevant to us legit customers.

us legit customers? lol im apart of the legit customers i had this game pre ordered in February.. i find this news interesting as CD Projekt delayed the GOG release to those that pre ordered

toasty_T said:
Tomorrow is my day off from uni and I have to wait until 5pm (;_;)
So can summarize what's going on with when the game unlocks? I got a response back from gog saying that the NA digital editions are unlocking on the 17th at 3 AM PST yet people here keep saying that the game is unlocking on the 16th...did something change recently?

mercenar1e said:
The Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings (2011/PC/Full Cracked)

Install Notes:
1) Download the game
2) Install
3) Run the Pacth
4) Play the game .

Don't download the game. Buy it and support developers that are still sticking with the PC and making great games.

Gully State said:
So can summarize what's going on with when the game unlocks?

Originally it was supposed to unlock at 10pm GMT on the 16th. For whatever reason, probably the pub taking issue with a DRM free version being available before the retail version; GOG decided to push the unlock i.e the last 100mb download to the next day at 7am GMT.

For Americans that's still pretty early on the 17th, as for those on the other side of the world map it's almost Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom