• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
keltickennedy said:
Don't download the game. Buy it and support developers that are still sticking with the PC and making great games.

witcher2r.jpg

again =D i already have this game paid i won't be apart of the CD Projekt screwing

delirium

mercenar1e said:
The Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings (2011/PC/Full Cracked)

Install Notes:
1) Download the game
2) Install
3) Run the Pacth
4) Play the game .
I put that into google to see the NFO and it smells like complete BS to me.

1) Download the game
2) Install
3) Run the Pacth
4) Play the game .
5) Enjoy the game! If you like the game , Buy it .

NFO :

Finally, our team hacked CD Projekt server and was able to download an official zero-day patch

Enjoy the game, but don't forget to buy it!

Will update it soon !
Sounds like someone either wants points for their upload site or its a trojan.

Luthos

This week is gonna be awesome. And that's not considering I'll probably have LA Noire sitting there waiting to be played. I just won't play it until after I have finished Witcher 2.

wilflare

I haven't played Witcher 1
but I'm so tempted to start on 2.

which games did you guys choose on the GOG deal?

or do we have more Steam/D2D users?

delirium said:
I put that into google to see the NFO and it smells like complete BS to me.

Sounds like someone either wants points for their upload site or its a trojan.

"Don't forget to buy it", lmao. These bastards hacked the game for the sole reason NOT to buy it.

Phloxy

The game isn't leaked, and it's better to not even acknowledge it, all that does is ring a siren to lurkers like ooo snap gotta go download that!

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Well I still hope Amazon has the collectors edition in 2 weeks. I had to cancel because the car went into the shop and needed $2k worth of work :(

wilflare

alright!
the digital artbook beats everything

shall double-dip when it comes on Steam sale or something ^^
Witcher 1 + Witcher 2

brb

Just bought it from GOG and downloading it now!

Was debating for weeks if I should go with Steam (my main source for digital downloads) or creating an account at GOG just for this game. CD Projekt RED was getting all of 100% of my money is the only reason I went with GOG, they deserve it!

Thank you NeoGAF for teaching me about this fantastic series!!
hypehypehypehype

Hawk269

matmanx1 said:
Is there a method for taking multiple pre-order bonuses and putting them on one copy of the game that has been discussed? I've got the GOG version pre-loaded but I'm also picking up a retail CE from Gamestop which will get me the Commando jacket DLC and the Mysterious Merchant DLC. I'd obviously like to take those 2 items and apply them to my GOG version if possible.

Also, after checking with Gamestop today it looks like they will be getting The Witcher 2 in stores tomorrow although allocations look to be tight. If your local store is hosting a midnight launch for LA Noire you can probably up your retail copy of The Witcher 2 at the same time.

Yes you are correct sir. You can pick up your copy at midnight at Gamestop. I did a pre-order with them and I got a text message this afternoon telling me t ocome to the store at midnight for my Witcher 2 copy. So, I plan to come home from work tomorrow at around 4 or so. Check the net for a bit, take a nap for a few hours and then go get my copy at Gamesop. Hopefully will be playing by 1AM or so, depending on how long it takes to install.

Tokubetsu said:
Save game service?
I believe on the old forums you could request a save game file with certain choices made in the game.

Sorry, I'm not particularly certain about what all else is or isn't chosen in the save files posted. Perhaps someone else knows?

So what about those aussies that buy the game legitimately from stores upon it's legitimate release tomorrow (17th) and the online unlock hasn't occurred yet (7AM GMT).

Will they get home and not be able to play until the GMT unlock? That seems kind of unfair to those people who have purchased in store legit!

Shawsie64

Banned
So what free game did everyone pick up from GoG pre-order? Have no idea which one to choose :(

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shawsie64 said:
So what free game did everyone pick up from GoG pre-order? Have no idea which one to choose :(

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Divine divinity or Gothic 2 are the only games I'd recommend getting.

Beyond divinity isn't very good, and realms of arkania 1+2 & 3 although supposedly good, might be to old-school.

Shawsie64

Banned
Lafiel said:
Divine divinity or Gothic 2 are the only games I'd recommend getting.

Beyond divinity isn't very good, and realms of arkania 1+2 & 3 although supposedly good, might be to old-school.

Ok thanks :) Ill grab Gothic 2

MrOogieBoogie said:
I don't get WHY you'd want to do that.

Why not?

I have played but not finished the first one, just can't do it. It's too janky to push myself through it. I like the game and all, but there are a few parts that are just too negative and push me away from it.

I believe that I know enough about the story to understand the world enough to enjoy the game enough to love the shit outta the second game, of course it would have been better to know everything about the first game but it's not required (it never is) so it doesn't matter :)

You don't have to play Witcher 2 on release day. If you're on chapter 2 you can finish by next weekend (or earlier whatever). And if you're enjoying the game so far then yeah go through with it.

Because it gets really awesome in Chapter 3-4-5. And I liked Chapter 2 whenever I wasn't in the swamps.

Van Buren

markot said:
Cause itll take too long to finish it, im only up to chapter 2!

The biggest roadblock while playing Witcher 1 is getting through Chapter 1 for a lot of people, but you're already past that. I'd advise you to stick with it since Chapters 3,4 & 5 are a bit on the short side length-wise, and the story payoff is well-worth a playthrough.

Moreover, Witcher 2 references characters and events from 1, and so it might end up a lesser experience when one is constantly wondering what is being referred to.

Unless you absolutely cannot play the first game for some reason, I'd always recommend it before the sequel since it's a fantastic game no matter how good or bad the sequel turns out to be.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
markot said:
Would I be an extremely depraved individual if I play this without finishing the first one >_<?

Honestly if youre wanning on the game and dont feel the need or desire to plow through it dont. Its a great game but a bit janky and rough in a lot of ways, the actual plot isnt all that amazing and pacing isnt exactly the games strong suit, its a game that shines when dealing in how your actions affect things and in atmosphere, but outside that a lot of things are kind of average to sub par.

You could pretty easily plow through the game by tuesday night if you have the time and desire and most definitely if you skip over a lot of the pointless sidequests. If not you could just spend an hour or two on the Witcher Wikia and pretty much read up on everything you missed out on and not much worse for ware.

markot

Banned
I like it. But I dont like dieing >_< I got up to the swamp and a stupid spitting plant killed me... while I was killing a drowner... zombie thingy....

I rage quit alot >.>

Edgeward

markot said:
I like it. But I dont like dieing >_< I got up to the swamp and a stupid spitting plant killed me... while I was killing a drowner... zombie thingy....

I rage quit alot >.>

That's pretty much where I stopped during the Witcher as well, I had no idea how to get around it. It just decimates me in seconds.

Wag

If I recall correctly, I stopped playing The Witcher many years ago because I got frustrated with the QTE stuff.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
markot said:

I rage quit alot >.>

Just run. The drowners are easy but the tentacle plants can fuck your shit up. When you come back in the next chapter they're not so bad. Strong silver + igni takes em down fast.

Van Buren

For those who are finding the eccentric combat system janky, or are running out of time before the sequel's release, there's always the infinite health mod available for powering through the game. Try that as a last resort before writing off the first game and heading to the Witcher wiki.

A lot of people in the official thread nearly gave up on the game during Acts 2 and 3, only to end up loving the game after the very strong second half. The pacing is very much like a typical fantasy book where the first half is filled with establishing the various players and their motives, and the second half escalates the events.

I liked the TW1 from the very beginning and even during my second playthrough (which I'm doing right now) I can't see the tedium that some people are describing.

I think I played the demo of the village 10 times before I bought the game.

Cday

Banned
markot said:

I rage quit alot >.>

I ran into some knots like this and learned a couple key things to speed things up. Firstly if you pull out your sword with "E" (you can only do this in certain areas) and set it to fast style you'll run about twice as fast as normal. Nothing will be able to catch you. I use this a lot to shorten the inane back and forth you often have to do between areas especially in Chapter 4. Another is to upgrade the sign that can stun enemies and use it as much as possible. Usually you only have to take them down to half health before they can be stunned and subsequently finished off. Also remember to use swallow potions on tough battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom