• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokubetsu said:
I had a couple crashes at that same point too actually

I suck, checked my game version and I never patched it to 1.5... (retail version)
After the patch it didn't crash again at that point (crashed a third time before I checked).

Also emptied most of my save folder, apparently I had 5GB worth of saves as each save is almost 30MB.
Loading and saving is back to instant at least.

Echoplx

Nezabyte said:
Eh? I still see it.

Odd..
gaeng.png

Easy_D

never left the stone age
3chopl0x said:
Odd..
[PICTURE
Recent groups on Facebook have this happening all the time, I've had it happen to several posts in several groups I've posted and others have posted in, "X has posted in group Y" check to see what's new and nothing shows. So it's probably Facebook being facebook.

Doubt they wouldn't just say "We're not doing any preloading for The Witcher 2 on any other services other than our own"

Edit: Had a huge scare when I checked my D2D account, said 4/23/11, I first thought the D2D version was delayed to the 23rd, then I realised that was the day I pre.ordered it on, I feel SO STUPID. (And relieved)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Weenerz said:
So no midnight launch for Steam users? Sort of lame.
Noticed D2D has midnight launch, I laugh at you Steam peasants (I wish I could have gotten it on Steam for the same price, D2D is kind of lame :( )

NIN90

markot said:
I think thats the last bit that unlocks the game, it releases on release!

I just hope those last few mb won't download at 20 kb/s or something because EVERYONE is downloading at that moment.

Chesskid1

Banned
polish guy just decrypted and is talking about performance

OK I just started to play Witcher 2 and i have one word to write "Awesome"
When i turn on all settings to ultra (without AA) I'm getting 13FPS in radeonPRO but its old HD4890. Time to buy new GPU ^^

BTW when i turn off ubersampling I'm getting 30 FPS at the soldier camp.

Full HD 1920x1080. As i said ubersampling makes my GPU to cry so i need to have it off. From the art/graphic side game rocks. When I tried to force AA in RadeonPro or in CCC game didn't load textures. AMD again failed lol.

P.S. I'm using 8.85.6 RC2 drivers.
P.S.S. Game has it own AA option and this one works.

i asked him to post some screens so hopefully he didn't log off :mad

Minsc

Gold Member
Chesskid1 said:
polish guy just decrypted and is talking about performance

i asked him to post some screens so hopefully he didn't log off :mad

Seems right in line with expectations, guessing it's a fast quad core CPU with a 1GB 4890, which is in line with a GTX 460, which beats a GTX 260 by a fair amount, which is thought to run high @ 30 fps. Actually it's a little better than expected, running ultra straight out like that on a 460 level card.

It'll probably take a bit more muscle to hit 60fps though, but looking good.

The stuff about ATi's AA not working through CCC is expected for new releases imo, if he wants AA, he either needs to use the game or wait for a new driver or hope that ATI advanced setup tool thingy works. It doesn't sound like he could run more AA anyway, without taking a drop below 30 or lowering to high.

Fucking lame, why does GoG charge 45 euros for Europeans? Weren't they all like 'equal prices for everyone!'?

8. Same game, same price, no matter where you're from!

We believe that all gamers around the world should be treated equally. Therefore GOG.com is available to everyone, everywhere, and we offer the same prices to gamers from all countries. Getting the worldwide rights to the games takes some extra effort on our part, but we think it's worth the reward of opening up our site to the world.

Well, so much for that.

Sethos

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
Fucking lame, why does GoG charge 45 euros for Europeans? Weren't they all like 'equal prices for everyone!'?

Go into options and set your country to the US or something :)

And yes, you get those additional $26 as a 'gift card' you can spend on the GoG store.

Sethos

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
That actually works.

I'm sorry, what's that?

Those 45 euro equates into about 61 dollars, that's 16 dollars more than the 45 dollars. So to be fair, GoG gives you those 16 dollars as credit to spend on the store, to be fair for the high-vat countries.

But again, easier to just change your country.

EDIT: Math / typing fail, it's 16 not 26 dollars, my bad xD

Minsc

Gold Member
Ozorov said:
No reviews yet? Embargo lifts when?

There's been a couple Polish reviews all around the low 90s I think. Other reviewers said they never even got a copy yet, dunno if it's a piracy protection method or what.

I think it's pretty clear at the very least if you like graphically impressive RPGs that you can play with a gamepad or kb/m you'll get your money's worth! :)

Sethos said:
Those 45 euro equates into about 61 dollars, that's 16 dollars more than the 45 dollars. So to be fair, GoG gives you those 16 dollars as credit to spend on the store, to be fair for the high-vat countries.

But again, easier to just change your country.

EDIT: Math / typing fail, it's 16 not 26 dollars, my bad xD

Ah ok, well that's sporting of them. But I prefer your other option, yes. Thanks for the tip!

Chesskid1

Banned
1st patch changelog

Several major balance fixes (economy and fight)
On screen fixes (items descriptions, journal etc.)
Audio mix fixes
Several audio areas, music, cutscene fixes and added better sounds
Many UI fixes (functional, smoother and more user friendly ex. inventory items selection)
Many fixes to quests, quests markers
Visual fixes to fade outs, blackscreens in scenes, cutscenes
Many community fixes - work, npc’s life
Big opponents fights balance and fixes
Many cutscenes fixes - animations, items, lipsync
Gamepad fixes - playing gamepad is now much better
Camera fixes - collisions with objects, collisions with npc’s, combat camera improvements
Some hair physics fixes
Minor QTE fixes
Several locations fixes - objects collisions, envoirements improvements, lights, effects
Crafting, shops, alchemy improvements
Added new autosaves in important places (ex. before fight with Letho, Arachas, Draug)
Some random crashes fixes
Dice poker improvements - logic bugs fixes

found a livestream but no screenshots :frustration

Minsc said:
Seems right in line with expectations, guessing it's a fast quad core CPU with a 1GB 4890, which is in line with a GTX 460, which beats a GTX 260 by a fair amount, which is thought to run high @ 30 fps. Actually it's a little better than expected, running ultra straight out like that on a 460 level card.

It'll probably take a bit more muscle to hit 60fps though, but looking good.

The stuff about ATi's AA not working through CCC is expected for new releases imo, if he wants AA, he either needs to use the game or wait for a new driver or hope that ATI advanced setup tool thingy works. It doesn't sound like he could run more AA anyway, without taking a drop below 30 or lowering to high.

Does this mean min spec computers could run the game at a decent framerate on lower settings like 720p and medium or low?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm from Europe and bought it from GOG, where in my account does it indicate my credit?

Edit: nm it's in the receipt e-mail, 1 of 5 classic RPGs and $16 fair price package in store credit.

This is kinda lame cos Divine Divinity and the others are 5.99 and Gothic II is 9.99, which do I get?

Edit: nevermind, I chose Gothic II and will buy Divine Divinity with the 5.99 code I guess.

Minsc

Gold Member
dino1980 said:
How much faster is a radeon 6970-card than a nvidia 260-card?

Somewhere around 100% :)

Chesskid1 said:
1st patch changelog

Hopefully Steam people don't have to wait long for that patch, some pretty big things in it! Looks like they've been busy between going gold and today. Reading it again would almost make me hold off til I had that patch.

Snapshot King said:
Does this mean min spec computers could run the game at a decent framerate on lower settings like 720p and medium or low?

We don't have a whole lot of stuff to speculate downwards, mostly upwards. It's also harder to guess min spec hardware, since it will fluctuate more wildly sometimes. It sure seems like running on low and medium at good framerate should be doable, given a 4890 runs ultra fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom