• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

FoxSpirit said:
I wonder if I can buy the German retail and switch the language to English? I love my boxes, but I hate German voice acting in games.

Yes.

PC Games beantwortet alle Fragen zum Rollenspiel The Witcher 2:

Ist The Witcher 2 multilingual, sprich: Darf man auch andere Sprachen auswählen?
Ja! Die deutsche Verkaufsversion enthält folgende Sprachen:
Audio und Text: Englisch, Deutsch, Französisch, Russisch
Nur Text: Italienisch, Spanisch, Ungarisch, Tschechisch, Japanisch, Chinesisch

Good enough for you?

Never doubt CD Projekt :p

pahamrick

ColonialRaptor said:
How do you apply generic profiles?

I use RadeonPro, but renaming the exe file should give the same result. As for the generic profiles, there's two that I know.

AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe
CompatAFR-1x1.exe

Both worked on Brotherhood, but the AFR-Friendly one made it where you could see things through the NPCs. CompatAFR worked perfectly, though. Those will be the first ones I'll be trying, then working through the other profiles in my RadeonPro list.

Salaadin said:
How does the 5850 compare to the 4890?

15% better or so

pahamrick said:
I use RadeonPro, but renaming the exe file should give the same result. As for the generic profiles, there's two that I know.

AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe
CompatAFR-1x1.exe

Both worked on Brotherhood, but the AFR-Friendly one made it where you could see things through the NPCs. CompatAFR worked perfectly, though. Those will be the first ones I'll be trying, then working through the other profiles in my RadeonPro list.

So you re-name the game exe to those?

pahamrick

ColonialRaptor said:
15% better or so
So you re-name the game exe to those?

Yep. I really recommend trying RadeonPro though.

I'm running Crossfired 5870s and since I started using it there hasn't been a single game where I couldn't use Crossfire at launch for games I've played. Of course, sometimes the scaling wasn't the best until there was an official profile for it, but it was still at least 30% faster than using the single GPU.

JohngPR

I really hope this game doesn't make my PC cry...what do you think guys?

3.2 ghz AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Radeon HD 5770
4GB Ram

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The character design, particularly the fashion, is really top notch in this game. So nice to have characters as good-looking as the settings and vice-versa. They are so often out of balance in western RPGs.

pahamrick said:
Yep. I really recommend trying RadeonPro though.
It just gives an error and won't launch when I try to run it. :(

Salaadin

ColonialRaptor said:
15% better or so

Thank you! Sounds like Ill be in the 30 FPS range on Ultra. I might tone down some settings and see how many more FPS I can get from it.

I love the avatar you made. Adol and Geralt should be in a game together :p

Are there any English written impressions by anyone in Poland? Everything Im seeing is Polish and the rough google translations are hard to read.

dino1980

Salaadin said:
Thank you! Sounds like Ill be in the 30 FPS range on Ultra. I might tone down some settings and see how many more FPS I can get from it.

Are there any English written impressions by anyone in Poland? Everything Im seeing is Polish and the rough google translations are hard to read.

Im wondering how much fps you gain if you turn of DOF. In metro 2033 the gain was about 20fps for me.

Salaadin said:

There have been some impressions here in english, it's apparently pretty hard (in the last couple of pages.

Glad you like the Avatar, looks better when used as an actual avatar... infact, the style fits just perfectly with your original dude - so happy with how it came out :D

Hopefully you can run it at 30fps on Ultra, because if there is not Crossfire profile for the game at launch I'll be running it virtually on the same card as you :p

dino1980 said:
Im wondering how much fps you gain if you turn of DOF. In metro 2033 the gain was about 20fps for me.

But DOF is soooo nice :(

Salaadin

dino1980 said:

Me too, I cant wait to tinker around myself tomorrow. Sometimes Ill also tone down shadows and ambient occlusion if the option is there and I can get a real smooth FPS. I have no idea how well TW2 implements all of this stuff though.

Mexx

Neo Member
Are there any chances for minimal settings on this wreck?
Core2Duo 2,2GhZ
2GB RAM
9500GT 512MB OC Version
I'm not graphic whore, I only want to play it in 30 FPS, that's all.

Darklord

Banned
I really hate coming in here and seeing people complain about their video cards not running this game too well when it's worse than mine. My CPU(i7 920) and Ram(6GB) are fine but my GTX260 is starting to look old. :(

Sethos

Banned
Hopefully I don't have to suffer through crappy CF profiles with my 5970 and see all sorts of graphical issues, hate that. Here I mean those so-so profiles through RadeonPro and have flickering and odd artifacts.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Where does my 560 Ti fall in this range? Are Nvidia cards gonna be fine, or is this going to be another DA2?

This game is one of those "Nvidia, the way it was meant to be played" games, so you'll be the one who's better off here :p

Salaadin

ColonialRaptor said:
+ 20 to 25% on a 4890

I thought you were going to bed!

Im also wondering how well this game will work with AMDs MLAA. I have a few games where I dont even touch the in game AA options since MLAA gives better performance and smooths out the image enough for me. It can look blurry with other games though and TW2 is one game where I do not want to harm the visuals that way.

nero2082

Sethos said:
Hopefully I don't have to suffer through crappy CF profiles with my 5970 and see all sorts of graphical issues, hate that. Here I mean those so-so profiles through RadeonPro and have flickering and odd artifacts.

I'm with you my friend we can suffer (or hopefully not) together!

Salaadin said:
I thought you were going to bed!

I was asked questions... it's rude to leave when someone asks a question right? :p

I'm gone now.

BYE!@

ColonialRaptor said:
This game is one of those "Nvidia, the way it was meant to be played" games, so you'll be the one who's better off here :p

Excellent. Where is the 560 vs the 4890 that we're all comparing to, generally? Additionally, my monitor caps me at 1280 x 768, so AA is important. Is it likely I can run this super ultra mode at this res to make up for my terrible res cap?

Salaadin

Wessiej said:
Don't care if it's asked already, but in how many hours will the game be unlocked @ gog.com?

The GOG site lists 2 different times for unlocking and weve been told 2 different times by email. The most recent seems to be the May 17th 17:00 GMT one which means 3am tomorrow morning Eastern time, which also coincides with the countdown clock on TW2s website.

I really wish the original 5:00pm est tonight stuck :(

scy

This topic has made the wait for building my comp for handling The Witcher 2 unbearable. At least I'll have L.A. Noire to hold me while I wait the last few days.

Well, that and the screenshots.

Minsc

Gold Member
zoner said:
So any word on the quality of 360 pad controls?

Some previewers said the controls are so streamlined with a pad that they plan on using the pad to play the game when it is released. The patch notes above make mention of even more improved pad controls as well, so make sure to update.

Also, no horribly weird blotchy shadows running over people's necks from the dozen+ uber shots above, so that seems fixed as promised! :)

Salaadin

zoner said:
So any word on the quality of 360 pad controls?

Im wondering the same myself. Im pretty sure that CDPR announced official support for the 360 controller but the manual doesnt specifically say which button does what. It only lists the KB/M controls and then says "press insert to switch to a 360 controller". Maybe theyre fully customizable.

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/20920/The Witcher 2 Manual - English.pdf?t=1305141546
Page 31 if you want to have a look.

Oh man, blackmamba thanks for the screen hookup!
So smooth... I can't hardly believe.

Enjoy when this releases everyone! I'll see if I can't get the first witcher to run.
I'm scared to play anything as of recent because I have had my display driver crash twice yesterday. Just from watching videos. : (

bengraven

Tempted to watch the streams, but only when I'm on the fence about a game or simply can't afford it. With Witcher coming tomorrow, I just can't find myself watching them.

No, I'm totally going to watch one....

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Typographenia said:
Oh man, blackmamba thanks for the screen hookup!
So smooth... I can't hardly believe.

Enjoy when this releases everyone! I'll see if I can't get the first witcher to run.
I'm scared to play anything as of recent because I have had my display driver crash twice yesterday. Just from watching videos. : (
Flash videos? ATI gpu? Then you should turn off HW Acceleration for flash content, shit fucks up all the time.

LiK

Volcynika said:
Me too. I lost my save a while back so I never finished the original. Got a bit burned out at the SWAMP. :(
Not too bad now that I figured I can just run off the path and ignore the monsters. But yea, the Swamp is a hassle. Hope the sequel doesn't have a similar location. Backtracking galore.

pahamrick

Leonsito said:
zavvi just emailed me the dlc code for the Finisher Pack, great, now the wait for the game to arrive is harder :(

Really hope they change their stance on the whole "Exclusive Pre-order DLC will remain exclusive."

I'd like to get my hands on the mysterious merchant and finisher pack sometime down the line.

My setup
Q9550 @ 2.8 ghz
4 gb ddr2 800 RAM
5850 1 GB

Will I be able to get 30 FPS on ultra w/ a tiny bit of AA @ 1080 p? Does MLAA work right now?

Minsc

Gold Member
Important note from GOG about pre-orders:

We also have a short message to all of you who are waiting for downloading the last chunk of The Witcher 2 tomorrow morning - you need to restart the GOG.com downloader after 7 a.m. GMT before downloading the last part of the game.

Looks like we have an official unlock time for sure now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom