• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gully State said:
Bestbuy and Amazon have some really sweet preorder deals that effectively bring the price down to $35 and $45 respectively (GC of course). I'm in the same boat as you though in that I'll pick up LA Noire down the line for cheap but only b/c once Witcher 2 releases, I won't have time to play anything else.

Sorry for the slight derail, but where is the $35 coming from? I was in the same, waiting for a sale boat, but if true I might have to pick it up now for later. All I see are $15 off at each Best Buy and Amazon.

Edit: The Reward Zone points, I guess? Balances out with the tax and my preference for Amazon, however.

Decay24

Neo Member
Best Buy has a deal if you preorder online, you get a $15 dollar GC. They also are giving you $10 dollar GC if you buy it at the store.

I believe you also get 500 Rewardzone points if you pick it up there, that's $10 in points.

I did an online order with instore pick up. I'm hoping I can get them to give me the $10 dollar GC too.

Alastor

Salaadin said:
I wonder about that. Most retail stores where I live cram their PC games onto some ragged, unmarked shelf hidden behind used PS2 games. I thought that digital sales made up a nice chunk of PC sales but that preorder number seems to say something different.

A good chunk of that 60+ thousands pre-orders of retail version probably came from Poland and other countries near us. PC gaming still destroy console gaming here, and we like our games in boxes.

Salaadin

Alastor said:
A good chunk of that 60+ thousands pre-orders of retail version probably came from Poland and other countries near us. PC gaming still destroy console gaming here, and we like our games in boxes.

Thats pretty cool. Its kind of a shame the way PC games are hidden in the US. Youre practically forced to either buy online or buy digital :(

dino1980 said:
Picture with stats of the different armors you can wear from the beginning.

Link to picture of the different armors

Awesome Raven Armor. Im glad I got that on my play through.

Does anyone know where I can get a save game with the Raven armor? I played/beat the game a while ago but it was on a friend's comp and I obviously don't have my save.

Minsc

Gold Member
dino1980 said:
Picture with stats of the different armors you can wear from the beginning.

Link to picture of the different armors

I thought it was going to include the 7 or so different DLC armors that come from the various retail vendors. Just curious to see how they all looked since I'll probably never use them.

Exuro said:
oh no there's rarity? Raven armor looks good. They've said there's 30 different armors but does that include armor, trousers, boots, and guantlets?

I missed where it was confirmed there's more than simply armor, we get individual components to mix and match now?

Salaadin

Minsc said:
I thought it was going to include the 7 or so different DLC armors that come from the various retail vendors. Just curious to see how they all looked since I'll probably never use them.

I missed where it was confirmed there's more than simply armor, we get individual components to mix and match now?

Yeah I think this was shown on one of the videos. Body, gauntlets, boots and legs I think.

Zeliard

66x5dy.jpg

Inventory screen looks nice. I hope this game still has that *awesome* journal from the first.

Minsc

Gold Member
That's pretty sweet, thanks. I've even posted that inventory screen once without noticing it broke it down like that, heh.

Polk

After problems with auth servers for owners of Polish CE (CDP said those copies should have 24h headstart) everyone who got his copy before 2PM local time (when servers went online) will get free tshirt of their choice:
120110516182003_s.jpg

120110516182016_s.jpg

120110516182030_s.jpg

120110516182438_s.jpg

Which one to choose GAF?

Exuro

Zeliard said:
Does that mean we can have Geralt running through town drunk and trouser-less?
Just like in the prison scene I think. He isn't wearing armor during that so I'm guessing you can go through the game as naked as he is during that.

Souther

Banned
Quick question.

Is there any problems playing PC games released in the UK on a NA PC?

I would assume there wouldn't be considering Windows has multiple language settings and such. I just want to be sure as there are a few games you can get from the UK that are sold quite a bit cheaper then here.

LiK

Souther said:
Quick question.

Is there any problems playing PC games released in the UK on a NA PC?

I would assume there wouldn't be considering Windows has multiple language settings and such. I just want to be sure as there are a few games you can get from the UK that are sold quite a bit cheaper then here.
No issues.

Fox318

Polk said:
After problems with auth servers for owners of Polish CE (CDP said those copies should have 24h headstart) everyone who got his copy before 2PM local time (when servers went online) will get free tshirt of their choice:
120110516182003_s.jpg

120110516182016_s.jpg

120110516182030_s.jpg

120110516182438_s.jpg

Which one to choose GAF?
Gotta go with Geralt and Triss.

Zeliard

BeeDog said:
The HUD/looks of the menus in this game rock(s). Talk about nailing an aspect that so many developers fail at.

When I gazed upon the majesty of The Witcher's journal is when I truly fell in love with that game.

Salaadin said:
LOL! Good idea

I think when Geralt is in bars I'll have him be without trousers by default, wooing ladies and picking fights. He'll keep his shirt and boots on, of course. He's a modest man.

Exuro

I was thinking naked insane run, although hearing that the game in general is difficult I'm not sure how plausible that would be.

mugwhump

Wow, my computer should actually run this. Maybe I should play the Witcher 1 first? What kinds of mods does it have?

However, the Australian version will be altered so that Geralt is not portrayed as receiving sex as a reward for completing a quest.
olololol. What?

VisanidethDM said:
The most interesting part of this data is that it goes to show how digital sales on PC are still not as prevalent as many thing. Sure limited edition goodies have an impact on preorders, but still the retail market has a great importance for PC sales.

I think a lot of sales will still happen in Eastern Europe, and broadband Internet is not so prevalent here. Sure, I DL whatever I want (I'm in Warsaw), but a couple years ago I still was on 50GB monthly cap.

Polk

Salaadin said:
So Polk, are you from Poland and Have you been able to play at all yet? Any impressions?
Unfortunately I'm not home yet so I didn't play the game yet.
Even if I could I'd probably just tweak the graphics options and stop playing as I started second play through of the original Witcher last week.

Polk said:
Even if I could I'd probably just tweak the graphics options and stop playing as I started second play through of the original Witcher last week.

That's some Jedi-level restraint. I started a second Witcher game as well. I will be stopping it the second the sequel finishes downloading on Steam.

Salaadin

Polk said:

AHh, ok. You have some willpower, jeez.

Macattk15

Any reviews out for this beast yet?

I just couldn't get around the combat of the first game and was too bored to finish it. Did they improve the combat system this time around? I just found it very repetitive and unfun in the first.

Zeliard

Macattk15 said:
Any reviews out for this beast yet?

I just couldn't get around the combat of the first game and was too bored to finish it. Did they improve the combat system this time around? I just found it very repetitive and unfun in the first.

Combat's been completely overhauled. The sword fighting now approaches something more like a brawler in the style of Arkham Asylum, plus you still have magic and pots and such.

Salaadin

BeeDog said:
Is it known if players can stash items in some kind of dropbox/container and retrieve them whenever they're needed?

Im going to assume that we will be able to at the Taverns like the first game. Itd be foolish of them to not include something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom