• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
wilflare said:
it does surprise me.
it's my first PC game purchase on Day Zero/One outside.

Yeah, I might as well ordered the retail edition and got hard copies of all the stuff. Not to mention I had to use up bandwidth preloading 9.6 gigs.

Sanjay said:
Is SLI working?

As far as I can tell SLI and crossfire are not optomized or supported much at all... the benchmarks aren't indicating they even bothered to try a two GPU solution, and I'm waiting on confirmation of this !

bengraven said:
i-WxjDs2x-L.jpg

"ATI?!?!?!?! IN THIS DAY AND AGE?"
Wtf has happened to Penny Arcade's art?

teiresias

Who does a benchmark using a 768MB GTX460?? I'm guessing my 1GB 460 would be under the 560 some amount.

Hmmmm, this game may push me to SLI.

Johnny2Bags said:
I'm a bit nervous now as I thought it would at least somewhat be acceptant of crossfire configurations since they Are developing for the PC and focused on that only...

I have two 5850s. Will someone please let me know if I have to disable one ahead of time, or if I run them in crossfire (provided there are no game breaking crashes as a result), will I see any extra frames at all? ughh!

Excited tho!

Download Radeon Pro.

Don't disable the other card until you try it out, no matter what you'll be getting more frames with the other card. Unless it causes some sort of weird graphical problems like the light flickering in Crysis 2 then you're definitely going to get a performance increase with the second card.

When ATI releases the CAP updated you're likely going to be able to bump up the graphics settings as well.

Don't worry dude, it'll be fine. You'll get a good 30 fps with a single 5850, so with the second one, and un-optimised Crossfire it'll give roughly 10 - 15 more frames so that's a nice smooth experience to play with IMO.

I have a 5970 so that's pretty much exactly the same as you're running so this is the wishful thinking that I'm running with over the next 4.5 hours of the working day that I'm trying to endure without going mad@

Based on those benchmarks I should be able to get 20 FPS on ultra with my card (if my comprehension of the google translation is accurate)? So I assume high will see a significant performance enhancement and be good to go. Not too bad at all. Maybe even toggle a few ultra settings on.

ColonialRaptor said:
Download Radeon Pro.

Don't disable the other card until you try it out, no matter what you'll be getting more frames with the other card. Unless it causes some sort of weird graphical problems like the light flickering in Crysis 2 then you're definitely going to get a performance increase with the second card.

When ATI releases the CAP updated you're likely going to be able to bump up the graphics settings as well.

Don't worry dude, it'll be fine. You'll get a good 30 fps with a single 5850, so with the second one, and un-optimised Crossfire it'll give roughly 10 - 15 more frames so that's a nice smooth experience to play with IMO.

I have a 5970 so that's pretty much exactly the same as you're running so this is the wishful thinking that I'm running with over the next 4.5 hours of the working day that I'm trying to endure without going mad@

What exactly does Radeon Pro do? (still a bit new to this) , and do I disable it for my other optimized games afterwords?

Johnny2Bags said:
What exactly does Radeon Pro do? (still a bit new to this) , and do I disable it for my other optimized games afterwords?

You should pretty much change the settings in CCC or Radeon Pro of your graphics card almost every time you play a different game (if the game demands it).

Play on default first. If everything is okay, then you're fine.

Sometimes you will need to enable another game's crossfire profile, other times you will need to force AA or ATI's Morphological AA in CCC (but then sometimes you don't want that in other games). So it always depends on the game you are playing.

It's a hassle compared to consoles, but it's the hassle we PC gamers pay for to get the best looking games we can :D

bengraven

"Available: May 17th, 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 14 hours"

WHAT the FUCK, Steam?

That's NOT how time WORKS assholes.

From what i see, in italy (now is already 17th) the game will unlock at 18.00 p.m. (and will ship in retail at 20th).

Hope to find an early copy of l.a. Noir meantime... Because the waiting tortures me

Exuro

Well that's what it says on it's store page so it makes sense. Gonna be downloading this most of the day!

Can't wait for shots from Dennis and Octagon.

Varna

bengraven said:

WHAT the FUCK, Steam?

Why can't it just unlock at midnight. :(

Salaadin

So do I force myself to stay awake on a work night just to play this or do I nab it and tweak settings in the AM before work.
Its probably not worth it but Im so stoked for this

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
bengraven said:

WHAT the FUCK, Steam?

You were supposed to idle in indie games all weekend to unlock it at midnight.

Exuro

nataku said:
At least let us pre-load at midnight.

Spending most of the day tomorrow downloading 16GB worth of content is going to suck.
Especially when nearly half of it is bonus content that has nothing to do with the main game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
bengraven said:
Steam forums are saying the game will unlock for Americans at noon tomorrow.

[]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/04/witcher.jpg[/IMG]

Geralt is sad.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Decay24

Neo Member
Salaadin said:
So do I force myself to stay awake on a work night just to play this or do I nab it and tweak settings in the AM before work.
Its probably not worth it but Im so stoked for this

If you want to stay up, jump into our Xbox party :p

Zeliard

_tetsuo_ said:
Looks like no midnight release for digital, then? Not even on GoG?

The west coast gets it at midnight. East coast at 3 AM. Poor UK guys when they go to work. Poor Steam people even later.

nataku said:
Spending most of the day tomorrow downloading 16GB worth of content is going to suck.
It's 9.8GB. Cable internet meant the GOG download only took about 40 minutes. GOG seems to be the quickest place for me, download speed wise.

Thankfully the game is really awesome. Just make sure to turn off motion blur.

Echoplx

reptilescorpio said:
It's 9.8GB. Cable internet meant the GOG download only took about 40 minutes. GOG seems to be the quickest place for me, download speed wise.

16GB including bonus content, which isn't optional on Steam.

Exuro

reptilescorpio said:

Bonus content makes it 16GB and on Steam you'll be downloading everything.

ninja'd

Zeliard said:
The west coast gets it at midnight. East coast at 3 AM. Poor UK guys when they go to work. Poor Steam people even later.

That's 7pm here in NZ, at least it'll keep me busy while World of Tanks goes down for a new patch.

I kid.

Peterthumpa

reptilescorpio said:

Why? Performance issues?

I'll be playing Witcher 2 shortly. I'll report back in the next 30 mins or so on how it runs on my 6970 (10.5a drivers) and how the 360 controller stuff feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom