• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
less than 3.5 hours left. The wait is hurting so i thought i would post this.
2qisoow.jpg

Salaadin said:
So do I force myself to stay awake on a work night just to play this or do I nab it and tweak settings in the AM before work.
Its probably not worth it but Im so stoked for this

Go bed, get up early!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
less than 3.5 hours left.

Man, so close. I wish I could time warp ahead 3 hours but I'll do the next best thing and play some Civ 4.

I just had an ice cream bar so I'm full of energy and prepared for my late night TW2 session.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bu-bu-but it's possible the Steam version will unlock at midnight. Right? Right?

Sigh. I'm probably going to drive to university and hijack their internet just so I can play this quicker :D.

Wallach said:
GOG version unlocks at midnight PDT, so 3.5 hours.

Wow, lame. I guess buying it on D2D (and Steam) means you get to wait.

ALMOST considering cancelling my $33 D2D order just to get the GOG version early...

Edit: D2D says it's unlocking at 12:01AM tonight.

Snuggler said:
Man, so close. I wish I could time warp ahead 3 hours but I'll do the next best thing and play some Civ 4.

I just had an ice cream bar so I'm full of energy and prepared for my late night TW2 session.

:p I have to go deep sea fishing tomorrow but i'm not leaving till 4:30 pm. I'm starting to get sleepy and not sure ill be able to last till 3am.

Blackheim

Boo 3am unlock! Oh well, I'll fire it up when I get out of bed tomorrow and play all day :p Have the next 2 days off of work and am going to make the most of it.

Exuro

reptilescorpio said:
Shadows are on Medium just because it doesn't make enough of a difference visually for me to worry about putting them on High.
They still have that weird crisscross look to them on high?

Van Buren

BigBlackGamer said:
I'll be playing Witcher 2 shortly. I'll report back in the next 30 mins or so on how it runs on my 6970 (10.5a drivers) and how the 360 controller stuff feels.

Speaking of controls, could you check if the default keyboard options allow us to map the magical signs to keys ? If not, I suspect the gamepad will be the preferred input choice until fixed.

Van Buren said:
Speaking of controls, could you check if the default keyboard options allow us to map the magical signs to keys ? If not, I suspect the gamepad will be the preferred input choice until fixed.
Magic signs are 5-9 on the keyboard, using a sign is the Q key. CTRL brings up the radial menu so you can select which one from there before hitting the cast key.

Exuro said:
They still have that weird crisscross look to them on high?
I can't tell, I'm not much of an attention to detail guy like that. Still playing on a 1440x900 monitor.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Pre-bought on Steam, lame. May try other services going forward, this wait thing is annoying.

(The only other PC game I've downloaded to date was Torchlight).

RedSwirl

Trying to figure out why my GOG client seems to be re-downloading the whole game even though the pre-load is already in there.

Van Buren

reptilescorpio said:
Magic signs are 5-9 on the keyboard, using a sign is the Q key. CTRL brings up the radial menu so you can select which one from there before hitting the cast key.

I can't tell, I'm not much of an attention to detail guy like that. Still playing on a 1440x900 monitor.

Good to hear, and great shots by the way. Those are probably the most impressive character textures seen since Crysis.

antonz

Van Buren said:
Good to hear, and great shots by the way. Those are probably the most impressive character textures seen since Crysis.
and the best part is unlike Bioware the high textures still exist below the neck on the clothing. No PS1 style textures for armor etc like mass effect

bengraven

My wife: "you haven't got very far into Dragon Age 2, why don't you just play that as you wait?"

Me: *smiles kindly and strokes her hair* *lawls later*

Good night GAF.

RedSwirl said:
Trying to figure out why my GOG client seems to be re-downloading the whole game even though the pre-load is already in there.

Mine's just sitting at pause (with 9.6 of 9.7 gigs downloaded). I'm assuming it's going to automatically recontinue passing traffic the moment it releases?

Van Buren

antonz said:
and the best part is unlike Bioware the high textures still exist below the neck on the clothing. No PS1 style textures for armor etc like mass effect

The Mass Effect 2 graphics for the shoulder armor was indeed something comical.

AgentOtaku said:
Mine's just sitting at pause (with 9.6 of 9.7 gigs downloaded). I'm assuming it's going to automatically recontinue passing traffic the moment it releases?

I think you need to restart the downloader after it releases.

edit - here

Animator

BigBlackGamer said:
I'll be playing Witcher 2 shortly. I'll report back in the next 30 mins or so on how it runs on my 6970 (10.5a drivers) and how the 360 controller stuff feels.

Please do, really curious how the controller works with it.

sflufan

Banned
John Harker said:
Pre-bought on Steam, lame. May try other services going forward, this wait thing is annoying.

(The only other PC game I've downloaded to date was Torchlight).

It's not the fault of Valve/Steam and you would've encountered the same issue if you had purchased the game from D2D.

This is CDP (rightfully) wanting to give users of their GOG service an advantage for purchasing from a source where 100% of the revenue goes to CDP itself.

Exuro

sflufan said:
This is CDP (rightfully) wanting to give users of their GOG service an advantage for purchasing from a source where 100% of the revenue goes to CDP itself.
I disagree. Even Fable 3 got a preload on Steam.

markot

Banned
Exuro said:
I disagree. Even Fable 3 got a preload on Steam.
Msoft gave up.

CDproject wanted people to buy it on gog.com so they make more money. Pre loading is an incentive to some to buy there.

Tokubetsu said:
My downloader doesn't even have anything in it anymore. (It's not showing Witcher 2 dl on pause)

Go back to the GOG website and go to My Account. There you can add it again and should have the game downloaded at 9602MB. I had this issue where the game wouldn't show up and i did that and it appeared again.

Tokubetsu

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Go back to the GOG website and go to My Account. There you can add it again and should have the game downloaded at 9602MB. I had this issue where the game wouldn't show up and i did that and it appeared again.

Much obliged.

Playing on a mobility 5650(fuck this laptop), not exactly the most smooth experience so far, indoors i get about 60 fps but outside 25-40. This is with almost everything at minimum setting lol. It's strange though because 30 fps feels much worse than in other games, good game though so far.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Question: I have the physical CE in hand, but I have the GoG version all preloaded and ready to go, of course it won't finish DLing for another few hours. Should I watch Game of Thrones with my mans until I can finish downloading the GoG version or just say fuck it and dive right into the DRMed retail version?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
MollyMillions said:
Question: I have the physical CE in hand, but I have the GoG version all preloaded and ready to go, of course it won't finish DLing for another few hours. Should I watch Game of Thrones with my mans until I can finish downloading the GoG version or just say fuck it and dive right into the DRMed retail version?

GoT with man then GoG. Get goin.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I definitely need to get some Fantasy in my system while I wait for Witcher 2 to arrive. I guess I'll just watch Game of Thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom